Last revised on: July 29th, 2023
1. WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
We collect personal information that you voluntarily provide to us when you register on our services, when you participate in activities on our services, or otherwise when you contact us.
The personal information that we collect depends on the context of your interactions with us, the choices you make, and the features you use.
When you register, we ask for:
- an email address
- a password
This information is required to have an account and keep it secure.
We also ask for your date of birth. The purpose of this is to verify that you are over 18 years old. You are not required to keep your date of birth in your profile.
As you use the site, we also record your IP address. This is required for the security of our site and safety of our members. It is not used for marketing purposes. Only administrators and moderators can see this information.
We may collect the following data necessary to process your payment if you make purchases:
- your name
- your billing address
- information about your payment method
The only purpose for asking for your name and billing address is so INTJ Forum complies with tax laws and to increase authorization rates. Some credit card companies have anti-fraud measures and will not authorize purchases without this information. INTJ Forum does not analyze this data for demographics. Your personal information is never sold or shared with third parties. It is not visible to the moderators or community administrators.
If you choose to save your payment information, we save enough information from your card to so it can be linked to your payment information in Stripe or PayPal. INTJ Forum does not store your full credit card number or have access to this information. Your credit card number and full payment data is stored by Stripe or PayPal. You may find their privacy notice links here: https://stripe.com/privacy and https://www.paypal.com/us/legalhub/privacy-full.
2. HOW DO WE PROCESS YOUR INFORMATION?
We process your information for a variety of reasons, depending on how you interact with our Services, including:
- To facilitate account creation and authentication and otherwise manage user accounts. We may process your information so you can create and log in to your account, as well as keep your account in working order.
- To save or protect an individual's vital interest. We may process your information when necessary to save or protect an individual’s vital interest, such as to prevent harm.
3. WHAT LEGAL BASES DO WE RELY ON TO PROCESS YOUR INFORMATION?
We only process your personal information when we believe it is necessary and we have a valid legal reason (i.e., legal basis) to do so under applicable law, like with your consent, to comply with laws, to provide you with services to enter into or fulfill our contractual obligations, to protect your rights, or to fulfill our legitimate business interests.
**If you are located in the EU or UK, this section applies to you.**
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and UK GDPR require us to explain the valid legal bases we rely on in order to process your personal information. As such, we may rely on the following legal bases to process your personal information:
- Consent. We may process your information if you have given us permission (i.e., consent) to use your personal information for a specific purpose. You can withdraw your consent at any time.
- Legal Obligations. We may process your information where we believe it is necessary for compliance with our legal obligations, such as to cooperate with a law enforcement body or regulatory agency, exercise or defend our legal rights, or disclose your information as evidence in litigation in which we are involved.
- Vital Interests. We may process your information where we believe it is necessary to protect your vital interests or the vital interests of a third party, such as situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person.
**If you are located in Canada, this section applies to you.**
We may process your information if you have given us specific permission (i.e., express consent) to use your personal information for a specific purpose, or in situations where your permission can be inferred (i.e., implied consent).
In some exceptional cases, we may be legally permitted under applicable law to process your information without your consent, including, for example:
- If collection is clearly in the interests of an individual and consent cannot be obtained in a timely way
- For investigations and fraud detection and prevention
- For business transactions provided certain conditions are met
- If it is contained in a witness statement and the collection is necessary to assess, process, or settle an insurance claim
- For identifying injured, ill, or deceased persons and communicating with next of kin
- If we have reasonable grounds to believe an individual has been, is, or may be victim of financial abuse
- If it is reasonable to expect collection and use with consent would compromise the availability or the accuracy of the information and the collection is reasonable for purposes related to investigating a breach of an agreement or a contravention of the laws of Canada or a province
- If disclosure is required to comply with a subpoena, warrant, court order, or rules of the court relating to the production of records
- If it was produced by an individual in the course of their employment, business, or profession and the collection is consistent with the purposes for which the information was produced
- If the collection is solely for journalistic, artistic, or literary purposes
- If the information is publicly available and is specified by the regulations
INTJ Forum uses Invision Power Service cookies to store information for the functioning of the Invision Power Service software running at INTJ Forum, including but not necessarily limited to Forum settings toggled by the user (if any) and the ability to login to INTJ Forum. Users can disable the Invision Power Service cookies set by INTJ Forum via their own browser settings, or by managing preferences in local programs such as Norton Internet Security. However, this is likely to alter the user's ability to interact with INTJ Forum. For example, it is not possible to login to INTJ Forum without enabling the Invision Power Service software running at INTJ Forum to set cookies.
6. HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION?
Personal information located in your account settings or profile will be removed when you remove it or request we remove it. Old personal information may routinely be removed once its no longer needed, but we have no specific timeframe for doing this. We may keep content you willfully submit to the forum indefinitely, as this is not considered personal information.
7. HOW DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION SAFE?
We have implemented appropriate and reasonable technical and organizational security measures designed to protect the security of any personal information we process. However, despite our safeguards and efforts to secure your information, no electronic transmission over the Internet or information storage technology can be guaranteed to be 100% secure, so we cannot promise or guarantee that hackers, cybercriminals, or other unauthorized third parties will not be able to defeat our security and improperly collect, access, steal, or modify your information. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, transmission of personal information to and from our Services is at your own risk. You should only access the Services within a secure environment.
8. DO WE COLLECT INFORMATION FROM MINORS?
We do not knowingly solicit data from or market to children under 18 years of age. By using the Services, you represent that you are at least 18. If we learn that personal information from users less than18 years of age has been collected, we will remove that content and deactivate the account.
9. DO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS GET SPECIAL PRIVACY RIGHTS?
No, we do not meet the criteria for a business that needs to comply with the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA). INTJ Forum never sells anyone's personal information. We're open about the personal information we collect and all members can view this information at anytime, regardless of residency.
10. DO VIRGINIA RESIDENTS GET SPECIAL PRIVACY RIGHTS?
We may update this privacy notice from time to time. The updated version will be indicated by an updated "Revised" date and the updated version will be effective as soon as it is accessible. We encourage you to review this privacy notice frequently to be informed of how we are protecting your information.
12. HOW CAN YOU REVIEW, UPDATE, OR DELETE THE DATA WE COLLECT FROM YOU?
You have the right to request access to the personal information we collect from you, change that information, or delete it. To request to review, update, or delete your personal information, please visit: [https://intjforum.com/settings/account-security/](https://intjforum.com/settings/account-security/). Note that for server security, this does not include deleting our server logs and IP addresses. Those are routinely deleted after a period of time or once they are no longer needed. We do not use targeted advertising or sale the personal data of our users, so regulations concerning those issues do not apply.