Can ISTPs and INTJs get along? None
Old 09-26-2011, 03:49 PM   #1
MyWord
New Member [01%]

MBTI: xNTx

ISTPs and INTJs can be really good friends. They both are logical and people of reason. So, their thoughts have a lot in common. But I don't think this implies that they can be in a good relationship with each other. ISTPs tend to be more adventurous, which INTJs aren't. Also, ISTPs may appear to be inactive at times, but physical activities form a very important part of their lives, which, most of the times, are of least concern to INTJs.

Old 09-26-2011, 03:52 PM   #2
Dru
Core Member [281%]
Think of me as you think of yourself; another unfinished book on an infinite shelf.
MBTI: INTP

INTJs aren't adventurous?
Old 09-26-2011, 03:58 PM   #3
Zsych
Core Member [479%]
MBTI: XNTX

INTJs adventurous... not very much in terms of physical activities I think.
Zsych is online
Old 09-26-2011, 04:20 PM   #4
MyWord
New Member [01%]

Originally Posted by Dru
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
INTJs aren't adventurous?

No, especially the INTJs with a very dominant J.

Old 09-26-2011, 04:22 PM   #5
Dru
Core Member [281%]
Think of me as you think of yourself; another unfinished book on an infinite shelf.
MBTI: INTP

LOL... stereotypes.
Old 09-26-2011, 04:31 PM   #6
MyWord
New Member [01%]

Why don't you explain yourself?
Old 09-26-2011, 04:59 PM   #7
idoj
Banned

MBTI: INTJ

Originally Posted by Ijz
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

So you've never felt the love of an ISTP....hmmm....

We are probably the people standing amongst the crowd, looking determined, self-confident, serious yet aloof, radiating freedom, and you have no idea what makes that person tick. That's us.

I've been dating an ISTP for 8yrs!!! When, I first saw his confident stride I turned to a friend and said "I'll take that one."

He's a doll; the most responsible beautiful man, with tons of integrity. They have a pessimism that you have to fight on occasion or it will swallow everything up; however, they are great listeners. Guardians of what they chose to love. You have to be very patient. They can be beyond aloof! It takes a while, for them to figure out that they are even, in love. Mine waited until we broke-up b/c he appeared disinterested... A week later I got an email that said "Call me please. You need to meet my mom b/c I don't think I'm o.k. My stomach hurts all the time and I can't sleep or eat. I think I need you around?" He was 34 and had never intoduced his mom to a woman he was dating b/c they'd never ranked high enough... This occured 2 years in.
He did need me and I needed to learn patience and that I needed others

They take time but don't require a lot of watering. I love mine

Old 09-26-2011, 05:14 PM   #8
shytiger
Member [22%]

My wife is ISTP. We've been married 12 years. She is very beautiful. Dynamite in a small package.
Old 09-27-2011, 04:44 AM   #9
True Rune
Core Member [212%]
Dying is as pointless as living.
MBTI: INTx

One of my good friends is an ISTP. INTJs and ISTPs both like individual sports (should an INTJ choose to participate) and are individualistic. Most ISTPs I know are not intellectual, but if the ISTP is older they will have a lot to teach the INTJ.

Relationship wise, ISTPs are not emotional and will respect your space. A lot of "chill girls" I imagine are ISTP and those girls are ideal for men.
Old 09-27-2011, 05:05 AM   #10
Kisai
Core Member [439%]
Mad, bad, and dangerous to know.
MBTI: XXXX

I have dated an ISTP for a year, and I found her terribly dull. This isn't to say she wasn't physically adventurous, she sailed boats. But mentally and sexually adventurous she certainly wasn't. I was also terribly annoyed by finding out about emotional problems a week afterwards and not communicating her needs until much, much later after I've proverbially tracked mud in the house without wiping my feet.
Kisai is online
Old 09-27-2011, 05:42 AM   #11
Imagineering
Veteran Member [53%]
MBTI: xxxx

I don't see why not. They have the same interaction style and get mistaken for each other all the time.

---------- Post added 09-27-2011 at 12:43 AM ----------

Source :
Old 09-27-2011, 05:12 PM   #12
ArcanusDiabolus
New Member [01%]

Originally Posted by Kisai
I have dated an ISTP for a year, and I found her terribly dull. This isn't to say she wasn't physically adventurous, she sailed boats. But mentally and sexually adventurous she certainly wasn't. I was also terribly annoyed by finding out about emotional problems a week afterwards and not communicating her needs until much, much later after I've proverbially tracked mud in the house without wiping my feet.

I completely agree with that. I'm also dating an ISTP, very solid on her stances, very opinionated and she's not the greatest in bed. She likes privacy and secrecy and also tends to be very critical sometimes.

Old 09-28-2011, 01:03 PM   #13
Stealthjelly
Member [12%]
You see nothing, hear nothing. You check again, still nothing. When you turn again, the Stealthjelly will be right there behind you, wobbling as it looks right at you. *wobble*

My best friend of about 15 years is an ISTP. We often talk on subjects nobody else will dare to discuss with me in the candid, un-pc way I like to do so. Subject such as government, economy, politics and current social trends. It goes along the lines of him easily seeing what's wrong with things, and me coming up with possible solutions for those issues, and from there we sort of feed on each others ideas and views in a very constructive, fun kind of way.

Yes, INTJ's and ISTP's can be friends quite easily, in the right circumstances.
Old 09-28-2011, 09:31 PM   #14
blackLieutenant
Veteran Member [90%]

Yup, I get along with intj women quite well. I never met an intj guy in real life though. But from what I've seen online, it could go well.