Masturbation None
Old 01-23-2011, 04:58 PM   #1
Luciferus
Member [04%]
MBTI: INTJ

Which function does masturbation satisfy? (I'm assuming Se?)

I've been doing it almost every day since I was 12 years old (mid-20's male now) so I wonder because Se should be like non-existent in INTJ's during first 20 years of life?

Old 01-23-2011, 05:35 PM   #2
katrin
Core Member [191%]
MBTI: INFP

I don't think masturbation has anything to do with the cognitive functions.
Old 01-23-2011, 05:47 PM   #3
Muse
Veteran Member [96%]

If i had to guess, its just a chemistry type thing.
Old 01-23-2011, 05:54 PM   #4
zibber
Restricted [forum rules]

I would guess it's the orgasms.
Old 01-23-2011, 05:55 PM   #5
Latro
Veteran Member [88%]

MBTI: INTP

Seems a bit lower level (no pun intended) than the cognitive functions.
Latro is online
Old 01-23-2011, 05:56 PM   #6
freeeekyyy
Veteran Member [83%]
You Aren't Going to Find Anything in Here

Se is not just satisfied by sex...it's satisfied by skilled manipulation of the physical world. Sex is included in that too, I'm sure. But it's hardly the "sex function." Can you really even call masturbation "skilled," anyway?
Old 01-23-2011, 05:57 PM   #7
katrin
Core Member [191%]
MBTI: INFP

Originally Posted by freeeekyyy
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Se is not just satisfied by sex...it's satisfied by skilled manipulation of the physical world. Sex is included in that too, I'm sure. But it's hardly the "sex function." Can you really even call masturbation "skilled," anyway?

For women, yeah (sometimes).

Old 01-23-2011, 06:08 PM   #8
plotthickens
Core Member [856%]
Don't stick beans up your nose.

It makes the bitchy take a backseat.
plotthickens is online
Old 01-23-2011, 07:04 PM   #9
Beric
Member [33%]

It definitely doesn't satisfy any function I have the need to satisfy, because I've never done it (and never felt the slightest desire to). Of course, while I'm not asexual, I'm definitely a lot less sexual than most males.
Old 01-23-2011, 07:12 PM   #10
dontmesswithme
Core Member [129%]
I can see the good in you, and it's beautiful.
MBTI: INFJ

It's best not to shun such urges when I'm in a funk.
Old 01-23-2011, 07:16 PM   #11
Kisai
Core Member [420%]
Mad, bad, and dangerous to know.
MBTI: XXXX

Originally Posted by freeeekyyy
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Can you really even call masturbation "skilled," anyway?

Certainly. Your quality of experience will improve by learning (or unlearning) technique.

Kisai is online
Old 01-23-2011, 07:18 PM   #12
jerdol
Member [13%]

The functions have to do with cognition, not drives. What function does eating satisfy? That said, an Se-preference stereotype is enjoying interaction with the world more (because preferring to gather details can lead to preferring to get physical more), so in theory Se-dominants could be more likely to work to satisfy their libidos.
INTJs are more likely, perhaps, to want to suppress their drives, because we are very practically oriented. But masturbation being ubiquitous, this preference is not very important.
Old 01-23-2011, 07:20 PM   #13
antistu
Core Member [177%]
Ad finis fidelis

It sounds as though it has become more habit than anything else for you.
Old 01-23-2011, 07:31 PM   #14
zibber
Restricted [forum rules]

Originally Posted by dontmesswithme
It's best not to shun such urges when I'm in a funk.

As Socrates said: "when in a funk, it is time to get funkee".

Old 01-23-2011, 07:35 PM   #15
Dru
Core Member [281%]
Think of me as you think of yourself; another unfinished book on an infinite shelf.
MBTI: INTP

everybody likes to masturbate, so you can't reasonably try to pin it to any one function. if that were possible, then certain types would be hyper-horny and others would be hypo-horny, and that isn't the case. does not compute.
Old 01-23-2011, 07:40 PM   #16
Vulkan
Member [17%]

It's a matter of pleasure, that is all.
Old 01-23-2011, 08:19 PM   #17
Fishism
Member [42%]

It's a matter of plumbing. Gotta clean the pipes!
Old 01-23-2011, 08:56 PM   #18
Favorite Pills
Member [02%]
MBTI: INFJ

Originally Posted by Fishism
Gotta clean the pipes!

I'd meant to ask about this, actually. Guys, when you go for a while without masturbating, do you start to feel it physically? Someone described to me as "feeling like [your] head is about to explode any minute."

Old 01-23-2011, 09:07 PM   #19
Blse
Core Member [125%]
MBTI: ENTJ

LOL, no it's not MBTI related.
Old 01-23-2011, 09:10 PM   #20
Aronnax
Core Member [105%]

Originally Posted by Favorite Pills
I'd meant to ask about this, actually. Guys, when you go for a while without masturbating, do you start to feel it physically?

Absolutely; if I go a while without masturbation or sex, I become high strung and irritable.

Old 01-23-2011, 09:12 PM   #21
cannotseethe
Core Member [309%]
Miss Stomp-On-Men, a.k.a. Dr. Marxist-post-modernist-feminist-heterodox-economics-prayer-circle-vodoo-priestess
MBTI: eXXX

Guys, when you go for a while without masturbating, do you start to feel it physically?

I believe it's called semen poisoning. And no, I don't think it has much to do with Se.

Old 01-23-2011, 09:32 PM   #22
GrnEyz
Core Member [305%]
The worst is over now...  and we can breathe again...

Originally Posted by cannotseethe
I believe it's called semen poisoning. And no, I don't think it has much to do with Se.

DSB... Dreaded Semen Back-up... avoid at all costs...!

Old 01-23-2011, 09:35 PM   #23
Beric
Member [33%]

I'd meant to ask about this, actually. Guys, when you go for a while without masturbating, do you start to feel it physically? Someone described to me as "feeling like [your] head is about to explode any minute."

Seeing as I never have, and I'm a virgin, this cannot be an overarching statement. IMO it's just used either by guys who want to have an excuse for an addiction/mindless pleasure. If you're addicted to something and then you suddenly don't have it, you feel pretty bad, yes. Or you could just avoid the addiction entirely and focus on something that gives you long-term pleasure and fulfillment, rather than wasting time on the short-term.

Old 01-23-2011, 09:46 PM   #24
Sk8ordude
Veteran Member [67%]

I never really notice any physiological changes if I forget to whack for a while, but then again I'm one that can forget to whack for awhile. If you get withdrawals perhaps you have developed a psychological addiction to the whack.
Old 01-23-2011, 09:58 PM   #25
pistachio
Member [04%]
MBTI: Intj

Originally Posted by Beric
Seeing as I never have, and I'm a virgin, this cannot be an overarching statement. IMO it's just used either by guys who want to have an excuse for an addiction/mindless pleasure. If you're addicted to something and then you suddenly don't have it, you feel pretty bad, yes. Or you could just avoid the addiction entirely and focus on something that gives you long-term pleasure and fulfillment, rather than wasting time on the short-term.

Perhaps the reason you feel this way has to do with semen poisoning? I doubt that your schedule is so tight that masturbation is getting in the way of your plans for long-term pleasure. Actually, I am genuinely curious now as to what it is that you are striving so hard to have that you don't even have time to spank the monkey.. Should I start now or is it too late?

OH. And do you ever have wet dreams? Those could be a huge time saver because you can "clean your pipes" in your sleep! That way you can spend all of your time on LONG-term fulfillment without having to even worry about semen poisoning. Although you may spend an awful lot of time changing your bedsheets. I suppose you could just stick your junk in a baggy every night.
It would be a necessary precaution.
We may be on to something...