kriss
New Member [01%]

MBTI: INTJ

Who are the INTJs from LAw and Order?

Old 07-01-2008, 03:13 PM   #102
pseudonymous
New Member [01%]

What type of fictional characters are you usually drawn to & for what reasons? This includes books, TV-series, movies, videogames etc.

I like the quiet thinking brainy intellectual loner types
who can take charge without being pompous,
who prefers to be in the background but can rise to the situation when push comes to shove,
who takes into consideration the advice or opinions from others in their decision process,
who does not put up with crap from anyone,
who have strengths and weaknesses but are capable & self-confident
… oh yeah, and can fix things & loves gadgets would be a bonus
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Some of my favorite fictional characters are:
Captain Jean-Luc Picard (Start Trek TNG)
Ellen Ripley (Alien)
Gil Grissom (CSI Las Vegas)
Fox Mulder (X-Files)
Max Guevera (Dark Angel)
Charlie Epps (Numb3rs)
Abraham Whistler (Blade)

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 07-01-2008, 06:03 PM   #103
SShack
Core Member [125%]
"Let us cavort like the Greeks of old! You know the ones I mean."
MBTI: ENTP

I wonder if heroes/villains will change as generations change and shift? Boomers are very much ESFX dominated and so their heroes tend to be. That could also explain why we end up with so many introverted/thinky villains for contrast. As the tech/computer culture grows, I see (though actual introverts may disagree) less cultural issues with introverted thinkers and we're seeing more "positive" interpretations of their types.

Extending Quisitor's Disney analysis, look at what Pixar movies have become. I just saw "Wall-E" over the weekend, and while it didn't have a formal villain, the "bad guy" in the film could essentially be defined as mass dumbed down culture and lack of "thinking." The critic in "Ratatouille," while a thinking introvert, represents sensor conformity, probably ISTJ. "Conformity" is becoming a villain, not in the '60s hippie sense, which was just a different kind of conformity, but the whole S-style conformity.

(Aside to Quisitor, per our discussion of Disney, I found a quiz online to determine which Disney character you were. I took the test and ended up being the Genie, which if I recall, was the only ENTP Disney character I could think of. I'll see if I can't find the quiz again and post a link on the appropriate thread.)
Old 07-01-2008, 08:55 PM   #104
PHS Philip
Veteran Member [91%]
I'll see you on the dark side of the moon
MBTI: iNtP

I think that most of the characters I'm drawn to, I'm drawn to because I'm me, and it's not really related to type.
  • Vimes, Granny Weatherwax, Death, and Tiffany in the Discworld books are some I like a lot.
  • Ender is another character I really like.
  • In the Mars books, I like Nadia and Sax a lot, and Frank to a lesser extent.
  • Even though she's totally irrational, I can't help but find Luna in the HP books to be awesome.
  • I like Ged in the Earthsea books.

As you can see, a lot are not exactly in line with my type. A few S's, an (extreme) INFP, although I guess they're all, or nearly all, I's, and lots of T's.
Old 07-02-2008, 11:40 AM   #105
Brilliance
Member [04%]
Leave me a message if you'd like... My profile is a rather barren page.
MBTI: INTj

Crocodile from One Piece is an INTJ imo, just fits so perfectly.
Old 07-03-2008, 07:19 PM   #106
Linwenilid
Member [25%]

I don't know if it's been mentioned, but I think Artemis Fowl, from the Artemis Fowl series makes a pretty good INTJ, and not of the creepy kind, although he *is* presented as a criminal mastermind, an anti-hero, if you want. And he's pretty cool, and I was kind of infatuated with him for a while, even though he starts the series as a twelve-year-old (shut up :P). On second thought, I was infatuated with the author's style of writing, not the character.

As for who am I drawn to, I can't really catalogue characters I'm interested in, although I am partial to those with issues: I used to love (and partially understand) Bree Van De Kamp because it was self-obvious that, underneath that pristine and controlled exterior lay a huge load of issues like a ticking bomb, waiting to explode. Another example: Helga G Pataki, from Hey Arnold! (I watch a lot of cartoons, they're psychologically interesting) . The reason? She's this huge package of issues waiting to be explored. She's not naturally bossy, only afraid of being hurt and hides it behind a tough exterior. The difference with, say, Cindy Vortex, from Jimmy Neutron (*cough*) is that she *is* naturally bossy, and that's just boring.

Then again, characters who show their issues in a way-too-obvious... erm, way, like Curly from Hey Arnold!, or Sheen from Jimmy Neutron are boring because there's nothing to figure out there... which takes me to the probable pattern I follow to like characters: I seem to like the ones that need me to figure them out. [/ramble]

; I thought it was decided when it came to Mr. Darcy.
Old 07-03-2008, 08:13 PM   #107
Haphazard
Member [28%]
I Am The Rain On Your Parade.
MBTI: ISTP

Would anybody be willing to type the characters from Pheonix Wright: Ace Attorney? I'm willing to bet that Phoenix is an ENFP.
Old 07-05-2008, 02:07 AM   #108
hum
Member [05%]
MBTI: INfj

one letter: L
Old 07-05-2008, 02:48 PM   #109
Haphazard
Member [28%]

Originally Posted by hum
one letter: L

No. He's INTP.

Old 07-05-2008, 10:22 PM   #110
blckprljinju
Member [08%]
MBTI: XXXX

Mr. Darcy from Pride & Prejudice = INTJ.
Old 07-06-2008, 04:09 AM   #111
Erika Redmark
Member [15%]

I haven't read the whole book yet, but Elinor from Sense and Sensibility might be too. Clearly T–it's in the title, after all ^_^–and I, at least.
Old 07-07-2008, 04:44 AM   #112
blckprljinju
Member [08%]

I generally fall for characters that are the opposite of me... like the prince in Prince & Me, James Bond, whatever... the suave, handsome men who are able to act like they're fully in control of any social setting, and those who can act on impulse (like love confessions and things... without thinking too much about it and getting the girl).

simply because... I am horrible at being impulsive or social. So i am usually amazed at their abilities to be so open or their appearances as being so open with others. I can't really name names... because I never remember them...
Old 07-08-2008, 02:38 AM   #113
bricklayer
Member [10%]
MBTI: Xxxx

I have a thing for Dr. Lector. In a scary way I can relate.
Old 07-08-2008, 04:40 PM   #114
Liason
Member [41%]
Humans are naught but meaningless glimmers; temporary and beautiful flickers. ~Liason

gotta admit, I like the masochistic and slightly psychopathic characters. an example would be lelouch from code geass if anyone's heard of it.
Old 07-08-2008, 06:18 PM   #115
Haphazard
Member [28%]

Originally Posted by Liason
gotta admit, I like the masochistic and slightly psychopathic characters. an example would be lelouch from code geass if anyone's heard of it.

<3

I've heard him typed as ENTP, actually. If you get away with wearing what he does, you have to be an ENP of some sort.

Old 07-08-2008, 07:44 PM   #116
Linwenilid
Member [25%]

I've been thinking, and McGyver qualifies as an INTJ. Another one could be Malcom, from Malcom in the Middle, and I'm sure I had another character in mind, but I can't remember right now.

Question: should we offer explanations as to how we arrived at this conclusions?
Old 07-12-2008, 03:11 AM   #117
D for Demure
New Member [01%]

MBTI: INXX

Im not an expert by any means, since i recently took this test. These are characters i can identify with, and like. Arbiter from Halo is cool. V in V for vendetta is the man. Jack Nicholson's character in As good as it Gets. Mr. Darcy. Riddick in Pitch Black. Wolverine. Clive Owen in Closer.

They just seem to focused and in control of who they are. They don't feel pity for people or themselves. They are strong, independent and more strong. They can get by without anyone.
Old 07-18-2008, 03:12 PM   #118
sbella
New Member [01%]

Originally Posted by Haphazard
<3

I've heard him typed as ENTP, actually. If you get away with wearing what he does, you have to be an ENP of some sort.

... ENTP? Haha, what. He practically screams INTJ to me, what with being a master strategist & everything. Lulu is definitely a J, not to mention he does not seem particularly E other than when he knows exactly what he is talking about & in charge.

Hm. You know who seems very ENTP, though? Lloyd.

And for the lulz:
It's little Lulu~ :'D

Old 07-18-2008, 04:55 PM   #119
Haphazard
Member [28%]

Originally Posted by sbella
... ENTP? Haha, what. He practically screams INTJ to me, what with being a master strategist & everything. Lulu is definitely a J, not to mention he does not seem particularly E other than when he knows exactly what he is talking about & in charge.

Hm. You know who seems very ENTP, though? Lloyd.

And for the lulz:
It's little Lulu~ :'D

<3 Lloyd.

I could see Lulu as an INTJ (he seems more INTJ than Light Yagami) -- the only problem then would be the costumes. It could be an inferior Se thing (I've always wanted to wear this... hehehe) and nobody's bothered to call him out on it yet.

Old 07-19-2008, 03:33 AM   #120
sbella
New Member [01%]

Lloyd is awesome.

Yeah, I suppose. Thing is [I]everyone[/I ]wears strange-looking costumes in Code Geass. And INTJs aren't really known for their incredible sense of style to be begin with (I'm sure there are exceptions, but you know). :')

What type would you guys reckon Rolo is...?
Old 07-24-2008, 04:52 PM   #121
Pouthas
New Member [01%]

I have doubts about Stewie Griffin as an INTJ. What about Brian Griffin?
Old 07-24-2008, 07:18 PM   #122
Kisai
Core Member [439%]
Mad, bad, and dangerous to know.

Baron Klaus von Wulfenbach from the Foglio's Girl Genius webcomic.

He rules Europe, but not because he wants too, but because it would devolve into chaos if he stopped. He's the pique of brusqe civility normally, but flips out in a rage when pressed too hard. He's also one of the most brilliant minds in a world where mad scientists are not uncommon and his special talent is the ability to understand anyone else's work, improve upon it, and assimilate it into his own work.
Old 07-24-2008, 08:16 PM   #123
hypervel
Member [02%]

Lester Burnham, American Beauty.
Col. Jack D. Ripper, Dr. Strangelove

P.O.E.!!!!
Old 07-27-2008, 07:25 PM   #124
Kuroyue
New Member [01%]
MBTI: ISTJ

I generally fall for the smart, silent (elite?) types.

I could never be able to tell what personality type a person/character is. How do you people dissect personalities like that? Do tell.

Out of curiosity, what would type(s) would Oliver Twist and Louis Wu (from Larry Niven's Ringworld, if anyone's read it) be?
Old 07-28-2008, 01:57 AM   #125
Linwenilid
Member [25%]

Originally Posted by Pouthas
I have doubts about Stewie Griffin as an INTJ. What about Brian Griffin?

Brian? Nah. He seems too "rules of society" to be an NT; I see him more as an SP or SJ, especially considering he's the one trying to knock some sense into Peter's idiotic ideas. And Stewie, he does seem too reactive to be an introvert, but no doubt he's an NT, probably an ENTX?

Tags
celebrity typing