Idiosyncrasies of attraction None
Old 02-07-2009, 11:50 AM   #1
Zilal
Member [23%]

MBTI: INTJ

I think I might have started a thread like this a couple years ago already, but since there are lots of new people on the forum, and it's fun, I'll start another one.

There are other threads going about what body types we're attracted to. But what are the little things--any kind of things--that you find attractive in the opposite (or same) sex? Could be big breasts, okay, but it could be glasses, or long fingers, or a pillowlike stomach. A dry sense of humor or a speech impediment.

It's cool to hear people talk about things we might possess ourselves but never thought of as attractive.

Old 02-07-2009, 12:09 PM   #2
playthestatic
Member [04%]
I play the static with the noise in my head, and let the sound surround everyone.

Interesting. Let's see - I do have a thing for nice hands. Well-defined knuckles and wrists, not necessarily slender but non-stubby fingers, well-proportioned fingers. I'd say these are things that add to attractiveness, I wouldn't find someone attractive if they had lovely hands but unattractive everything else.

Originally Posted by Zilal
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
a pillowlike stomach.

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reminds me of the time I took a nap using this guy's stomach as a pillow (which just gave me a mental image of me lying on this bloody, gastric-juice secreting organ). The guy is certainly attractive, but I can't say that it is his stomach that gives me the wibbles.

Old 02-07-2009, 12:27 PM   #3
HeyZeus
Member [07%]

Good skin, hair, teeth. Universal genetic positives. Fit body, or semi-fit indicates food & snacking not #1 priority/alternative to happiness. Not looking for supermodel skinny--that's no fun. Women with bony arses will (ok, "may theoretically") be the first to die off after the Apocalypse, but a good diet and relative fitness are indicators of self-respect (fine line between self-respect and vanity? I've experienced vanity--not good). Plus, exercise just pushes out angst and irritation better than anything else, including these drugs they give every kid whose mind wanders at school these days. My mind wandered in class--thankfully, I was left undiagnosed.

Anyway, a person that appears to have awareness of other peoples' motivations, again, as an opposite of vanity and self-absorption. I like slowing down and communicating. I do not have fixed thoughts about the universe. An ability to detect subtle sarcasm and satire is prerequisite for deeper attraction with me.

In conclusion, key turnoffs are vanity and self-absorption.
Old 02-07-2009, 12:33 PM   #4
rara avis
Core Member [163%]
MBTI: INTP

Strong eyebrows are nice.

I do like long fingers - my dad told me when I was little that they're a sign of nobility and intelligence. I think I bought it on some level. :D

Faces that crease nicely. I sometimes like frown lines between the brows, and crows feet are kind of cool, and some people actually manage to get very cool creasing when they smile.

Not make-or-break material, just some stuff I thought of.

Feet that are longer than mine. Very attractive, lol.
Old 02-07-2009, 12:38 PM   #5
Vagrant
Core Member [162%]
Bananaphone. Boop boop boo-doo-ba-doop!

I used to use sarcasm as an indicator to whether I found a girl attractive or not. Now I'm a lot more hesitant about that.

There's a certain hair texture, that's difficult for me to describe, that I always find attractive.

Feet that are longer than mine. Very attractive, lol.

My ENFP best friend always refers to my feet as clodhoppers.

Old 02-07-2009, 12:59 PM   #6
Dresha
New Member [01%]

I can't believe you mentioned glasses - I'm a goddamned sucker for glasses, let me tell you. For some reason it'll turn a 6 into a 9 immediately. Maybe it's the librarian/teacher fantasy, or maybe glasses just tend to perv me out a little bit.
Old 02-07-2009, 01:17 PM   #7
playthestatic
Member [04%]
I play the static with the noise in my head, and let the sound surround everyone.

Originally Posted by Dresha
For some reason it'll turn a 6 into a 9 immediately.

The very first thing that occurred to me when I read that sentence was that it had something to do with 69.
*hunts for net to fish brain out of gutter*

Old 02-07-2009, 01:28 PM   #8
Dresha
New Member [01%]

Originally Posted by playthestatic
The very first thing that occurred to me when I read that sentence was that it had something to do with 69.
*hunts for net to fish brain out of gutter*

Ahh yes, but the numbers fit together so nicely, don't they?

Old 02-07-2009, 01:32 PM   #9
Mina
New Member [01%]

- Glasses
- Long, thin fingers
- Slightly crooked teeth
- Treasure trails :P
Old 02-07-2009, 01:51 PM   #10
dalidaisy
Core Member [136%]
Don't burn the day...

intensity in their gaze
Old 02-07-2009, 02:08 PM   #11
Harmony
Core Member [173%]
Harmony is easier to achieve when you stop trying to control every thing and every one.
MBTI: ENFP

Arm muscles (and not like big muscly arms only... I like em all!)
Tattoos
Long Brown or black hair
Broad shoulders

That's just to name a few off the top of my head.
Old 02-07-2009, 02:12 PM   #12
playthestatic
Member [04%]

Originally Posted by Kymbirleigh
Arm muscles (and not like big muscly arms only... I like em all!)

Oh my god, ditto. Well-defined arm muscles do have the ability to turn me into some kind of squealing fangirl. Rare breed among INTJs, I know.

Old 02-07-2009, 09:13 PM   #13
Shoeless
New Member [01%]
The worker bees can leave. The drones can fly away. The queen is their slave.

- A nice butt, the kind which just makes you want to spank it.
- How she can meet The Look, yes, THAT Look, without immediately cowering in fear.
- Strong character and believes in the things that she does.
- Has a passion for something, it doesn't matter what that 'something' is...as long as it's not a passion for doing something morally wrong.

I guess in a way, the qualities within a woman are what attracts me most. Beautiful women with almost perfect bodies are everywhere; it is harder to find one who is just as beautiful on the inside. Also, a woman with a passion is just too darn sexy for me to resist. My defenses crumble like castles made of sand
Old 02-07-2009, 09:26 PM   #14
pocohauntus
Member [29%]

Knuckles. Yes.
Old 02-07-2009, 09:38 PM   #15
loosefanbelt
Core Member [174%]
[WARNING]
For Being Passive-Aggressive
MBTI: INFX

Twinkle in the eye.
Old 02-07-2009, 09:47 PM   #16
une fille
Member [09%]

MBTI: INxJ

Originally Posted by rara avis
Faces that crease nicely. I sometimes like frown lines between the brows, and crows feet are kind of cool, and some people actually manage to get very cool creasing when they smile.

Make that two, please.

Lean muscle is attractive, imo.
This might be strange, but I like guys who have very apparent veins in their arms.

Old 02-07-2009, 09:57 PM   #17
intjdude
Member [19%]

Knuckles?

How about a skinny girl with a lisp, a stutter and pointy nipples.
haha...
Old 02-07-2009, 10:08 PM   #18
Maayan
Member [27%]
An avocado is the fruit of Queens, coffee is the King of beans. The ducks go quack.
MBTI: ENFJ

I'm going to sound like a total suck-up for saying this, but I'm attracted to the INTJ gaze. I don't find it attractive... I'm not used to that kind of intensity and I find it disconcerting... but I still want to look into it. It's really unique and special.

Otherwise, I like seeing people's shadows come out, even if it's just for a moment. It's like being in on a really cool secret.

I like really strong, direct voices, and when you can tell that someone had to learn to make that voice sound nice, and he or she they thought it was important to do that.

I appreciate good eyebrows. My grandmother strings eyebrows by profession, and I'm really impressed when women have a good shape that looks like it just grew like that naturally.

This is a little more personal, but I'm very attracted to someone who sees right through me and who wants me to improve. It makes me sad and happy at the same time.

Warm and encouraging professors, or people who act like them, are one of my favorite things in the world. It's like the perfect combination of a real friend and a mentor. One of my favorite professors in the world tries so hard to be outgoing and fun and to share knowledge, and that's exactly what I need to take in the knowledge. He puts his arm on me when he talks to me, and he addresses me with a tone of respect, and he lights up when I come to visit him in his office and chat. I think he's so great, and it makes me so relaxed and happy that he feels the same way about me.
Old 02-07-2009, 10:16 PM   #19
SongofSeptember
Member [14%]

The little things, in no particular order.

Originally Posted by Shoeless
- How she can meet The Look, yes, THAT Look, without immediately cowering in fear.

--though it'll be a 'he' in my case.

2. Hair. I don't know what it is, the style, the texture or whatever, but there's just one type that gets me.

3. I have a thing for attractive back/shoulder muscles. Shame you can't really tell unless he starts stripping, in which case I'd have to test #1. Also like big hands with long fingers.

4. Teeth. The toothpaste-commercial kind.

5. Personal hygiene.

Old 02-07-2009, 10:25 PM   #20
Medicine Man
Member [04%]

When a girl calls me my nickname, which is simply a slight derivation of my real name. Its a nice way of saying, "I like the feeling of familiarity between us, and I want it to continue".
Old 02-07-2009, 10:26 PM   #21
rara avis
Core Member [163%]

Originally Posted by Maayan
...I like seeing people's shadows come out, even if it's just for a moment. It's like being in on a really cool secret.

Oh, that's a good one.
When you get a flash of honest reality from someone, and there's actually something there.

Old 02-07-2009, 10:29 PM   #22
Harmony
Core Member [173%]
Harmony is easier to achieve when you stop trying to control every thing and every one.
MBTI: ENFP

Originally Posted by une fille
Make that two, please.

Lean muscle is attractive, imo.
This might be strange, but I like guys who have very apparent veins in their arms.

Nope, not odd! I forgot about that, but I am fascinated with very apparent veins!

And now I'm disappointed! I haven't seen a guy with that lately!!!

Old 02-07-2009, 10:42 PM   #23
rara avis
Core Member [163%]

My veins become very apparent in my hands and forearms if I eat salt. (It's kind of weird, actually.)

Nice to meet you, Kymbirleigh.
Can I buy you ...some potato chips?
Old 02-07-2009, 11:01 PM   #24
Vagrant
Core Member [162%]
Bananaphone. Boop boop boo-doo-ba-doop!

Originally Posted by rara avis
My veins become very apparent in my hands and forearms if I eat salt. (It's kind of weird, actually.)

Nice to meet you, Kymbirleigh.
Can I buy you ...some potato chips?

XD

My veins are quite visible on my feet and hands if you're paying attention. Elsewhere, however, they're quite invisible.

Old 02-07-2009, 11:10 PM   #25
mikebob
New Member [01%]

MBTI: intj

I value things like acceptance and an encouraging attitude. If she's got that and she's cute and she's actually interested in me then I'm in trouble. If she's got all those things and a wit quicker than mine then I'm likely in the market for a ring.