School None
Old 05-01-2012, 09:56 PM   #1
omega2
New Member [01%]

MBTI: INTJ

Although this has almost definitely come up before, what were your grades in school or college, and what type are you?

I'll start off with me: I'm INTJ and my high school grades were average. I had the natural intelligence to do really well without trying in classes like math and science, and to do okay in classes like english and history, but I put no effort towards studying or retaining details.

My grades ranged from high Cs to medium As, mostly around the high B range.

Another question which seems overlooked: What do you consider good grades?

I consider good grades as As. Grades don't really show intelligence though.

Old 05-01-2012, 11:14 PM   #2
Autumnleaf
Core Member [279%]

High school As and Bs with a couple Cs.
College mostly As with a couple Bs.
Grad school As and Bs with a couple Cs.

Grades can show a combination of effort and intelligence depending on the grading criteria.
Old 05-01-2012, 11:31 PM   #3
lancelot
Member [41%]

My grades in High school were terible I think I had C- overall.

Honestly I learned almost nothing in High school.

When I was in High school no one suggested I go college.

Jr. College was much better, I excelled in language courses. I was an A student in Chinese and ASL.

Later at the University my undergraduate work was only a B- overall.

I was accepted into a Graduate program Ed. Psych. because I scored high on a scholastic exame.

Before I dropped out I was getting As and Bs.

I think good grades are important, I did very little work as an undergraduate student.

I had classmates who worked much harder than me; for some reason they still couldn't grasp the concepts in some of the linguistic courses.
Old 05-02-2012, 12:18 AM   #4
theiceman
Member [42%]
"Everything you put faith in is a mockery of the truth. Safety is a lie, peace is an illusion, and love is transient. The seeds of corruption will grow in the hearts of all humanity.

High School: I had my ups and downs. Mostly A's and B's but I tried my senior year and had a 5.4 GPA.
College: GPA would be a 4 if I didn't have a few inept teachers.
Grad School: Not in it yet, I'm guessing it won't be too hard. It's situational depending on where I go.
Old 05-02-2012, 12:26 AM   #5
PRBori
Core Member [145%]
Knowledge is Power!!

High School - Mainly As and Bs while on the mainland, Bs and Cs back home due to pressure at home and skipping class to relax the mind at the beach... bad I know.

TechSchool - Top of class

College - N/A. Never attended college
Old 05-02-2012, 05:30 AM   #6
eagleseven
Core Member [218%]
MBTI: XNTJ

Top of the class in highschool. Middle-of-the-road B student in college.
Old 05-02-2012, 05:52 AM   #7
stoopidkitty
Member [08%]

Top 8% of the graduating class in high school. Considerably worse in college, mostly due to lack of effort and motivation.

In general, anything less than a solid B is crap.
Old 05-02-2012, 08:39 AM   #8
warweasel
Member [09%]

High school... graduated in the lower, probably 25%. Failed the entire 11th grade, cuz I didn't give a shit. In English & history classes pulled mostly As, occasional B. Everything else D or F. No interest at all.

Never went further that HS as structured learning/classrooms are not compatible with me and I have no interest in a "well rounded education". I just want to know what I want to know & have no interest in knowing things for the sake of being well rounded.
Old 05-02-2012, 09:43 AM   #9
Warrior
Core Member [331%]

All As in high school. I was the valedictorian of my class with a 100% score (we used a 100 point system, not a 4 point system). My score would have been much higher, but the new computer system would not allow scores higher than 100.

All As as an undergraduate in college.

I got one B+ in graduate school. I completely misunderstood one problem on a test. That stunk.
Old 05-02-2012, 01:22 PM   #10
koakuma
Veteran Member [52%]

Gymnasium (age 16-19) I got mostly A's, and some B's. Middle score 18,5 of 20. I was in the top 10 among 200-300 students and I got a 30 euro scholarship for having good grades. I enjoyed having good grades, but didn't always like the attention it gave.

Now I'm in university and you can get "fail", "pass" or "pass with distinction". I mostly have the latter, but I'm happy for all the "pass" I get too. As soon as I stopped wanting the highest grade, I started to score the highest. We had a marketing strategy exam about a month ago and I was the only one among 150 students who scored full points on the last "big" question on the exam. That felt pretty awesome.

I think I semi-studied. My family thinks that I studied really hard, but I just read the books and notes and did what it told me to do. I don't always get why it was so hard for some when there were specific guide-lines saying "do this, do that". I just did this and that, and ta-daa, got high grades.

What I am most happy about is that I can look back at my years in school and be proud of myself and my accomplishments. The scores doesn't matter THAT much. The thing that matters the most is that I enjoyed doing it all. Life's good.
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 05-02-2012, 02:34 PM   #11
Sethis
Member [23%]
MBTI: iNTj

One of the 2-3 top students in school (~19,4/20) and about average (at best) in university. I'm in med school and apparently it is all about memorizing. Not exactly my strength. I sometimes lose my patience.
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 05-04-2012, 06:36 PM   #12
Midhiel
Core Member [136%]
Just then, Neville caused a slight diversion by turning into a large canary.
MBTI: InTJ

I make all As. School is really all I've got going for me.
Old 05-04-2012, 11:17 PM   #13
Antares
Core Member [211%]

High School: As and Bs, with a few Cs and one D. Overall: 3.57
College: All As, except for one B, taught by an entirely inept and fickle professor and I learned nothing. Current Cumulative: 3.78
Old 05-05-2012, 07:26 PM   #14
Axion004
Member [28%]

Middle school : I think I had a B average besides A grades in math and science.
High school: I graduated a little over a 3.0 GPA. I don't know if this was immaturity or because I lived in my head and I didn't really care about the process involved with getting high grades in the school system- I could have been more serious and got better grades.
College: I went from a 3.9 GPA freshman year down to a 2.7 sophomore year back up to around a 3.6 GPA. My grades fluctuated and I graduated with around a 3.4 cumulative average.

Like someone else has posted on this site- Grades do not mean much in the ever increasing years of human life. The thing I found the most useful in school was learning about math, physics, computer science, astronomy, and writing(Although I am not a very good writer even though the school system apparently awarded me with an A in these classes and I still don't understand which words should be capitalized/not capitalized in my sentences).

Originally Posted by Midhiel
I make all As. School is really all I've got going for me.

Read a book(or 30) on the side
. I majored in economics and read much more about astronomy and learned much more about astronomy even though my major was economics.

Old 05-06-2012, 11:50 AM   #15
topquark
Member [24%]

I got A or A* grades in all the official high school exams. There were probably a few lower grades on certain assignments, but I don't remember.

In university I struggled to stay above average for the first two years, then pulled up my grades in the third and fourth year to graduate with a 1st.

I scraped a pass in my grad school exams then dropped out.