View Poll Results: Are freckles in the other gender positive or not?
I am male, and within limits, I find freckles attractive (a plus) in females 24 26.97%
I am male, and for me it depends on the person (not only the amount) 28 31.46%
I am male, and within limits, I find that freckles make no difference in females 8 8.99%
I am male, and I find freckles unattractive (a minus) in females 3 3.37%
I am female, and within limits, I find freckles attractive (a plus) in males 4 4.49%
I am female, and for me it depends on the person (not only the amount) 11 12.36%
I am female, and within limits, I find that freckles make no difference in males 8 8.99%
I am female, and I find freckles unattractive (a minus) in males 1 1.12%
Gah 2 2.25%
Voters: 89. You may not vote on this poll

Freckles None
Old 04-09-2012, 06:26 AM   #1
Hariar
Member [35%]
sensible (adj.) in agreement with one's own opinion and formulated articulately

The present is not here to stay. Some say it has already passed.
MBTI: INTJ

If you are male, how do you find freckles in females - if you are female, how do you find freckles in males? Is it positive, negative or makes no difference? As always, I am interested in the shallow physical/visual attraction. Replace "attractive" with "plus" and/or "unattractive" with "minus", if more natural

An encyclopedia article I read suggested that freckles are more common in females than males; this might have an impact one way or another.

FYI, there was a
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
on freckles in The Lounge last year, but with a much different approach.

EDIT: Feel free to post pictures, so we get a better idea of what you have in mind.
Hariar is online

Old 04-09-2012, 03:59 PM   #2
Cincinnatus
Core Member [178%]
I'm a high-functioning moron, thank you very much!
MBTI: ENTJ

Originally Posted by Hariar
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
If you are male, how do you find freckles in females - if you are female, how do you find freckles in males?

Oh, that set up is a killer. You know you're going to get something along the lines of "with a cursory glance of the skin," right? Then again, if you don't, I'd be sorely disappointed. Levity. Levity. Levity.

Originally Posted by Hariar
Is it positive, negative or makes no difference? As always, I am interested in the shallow physical/visual attraction. Replace "attractive" with "plus" and/or "unattractive" with "minus", if more natural

I think freckles are a double-edged sword. Most of the time I find them endearing, cute and even sexy. They add more to a woman, when she smiles... provided they are on her face, of course. There's a certain feeling of emotional warmth from them. It's strange. However, I've seen poor souls with so many that their skin looks blotchy. I really prefer to go on a case-by-case basis with this.

Old 04-09-2012, 05:30 PM   #3
Nightmare
Member [29%]
MBTI: INFP

I have absurd freckles and hate them. So I prefer women not have them, as it adds this sense of youh and childishness that I cant quite describe. It is fine on some though.
Old 04-09-2012, 06:26 PM   #4
kasthu
Member [02%]

MBTI: xxxx

I never thought I'd be attracted to someone with freckles until I met the guy I'm currently attracted to... he has freckles on his arms, and it makes no difference to me. I'd find him attractive with or without them.
Old 04-11-2012, 11:35 PM   #5
CaelestisPeste
Core Member [143%]
MBTI: INXP

Depends. Generally, they look cute. I've heard that they start to fade as the person becomes older. Crazy stuff, freckles.
Old 04-12-2012, 02:29 PM   #6
zibber
Restricted [forum rules]

Fuck "within limits".
Old 04-12-2012, 05:54 PM   #7
holdyourhead
Veteran Member [62%]
Some days all I can be fucked to say is "fuck that".

I don't care.

Freckles don't make someone attractive/unattractive to me.
holdyourhead is online
Old 04-13-2012, 07:01 AM   #8
Hariar
Member [35%]
sensible (adj.) in agreement with one's own opinion and formulated articulately

The present is not here to stay. Some say it has already passed.

I don't think I care either, just wanted to gauge the opinions out there - I knew it made a difference to some.

Originally Posted by zibber
Fuck "within limits".

Infinity can be treated as a limit.

Hariar is online
Old 04-13-2012, 07:07 AM   #9
KelvinDjangoTeo
Member [09%]

It's cute IMO.
Old 04-13-2012, 08:39 AM   #10
Uber10
Member [09%]

Just love them freckles. Why would you just say "within limits"

Old 04-13-2012, 04:03 PM   #11
ManOnTheMoon
New Member [01%]
If you are stupid - I hate you.
MBTI: ISFP

Just a few around the nose in summertime is kinda cute. But looking like you've been grit blasted - no no!
ManOnTheMoon is online
Old 04-14-2012, 01:54 AM   #12
ummon
Veteran Member [97%]

Originally Posted by Uber10
Just love them freckles. Why would you just say "within limits"

Those freckles wouldn't look so amazing if it weren't for her hair and eye colors.

Old 04-14-2012, 01:58 AM   #13
zibber
Restricted [forum rules]

Yes they would.
Old 04-14-2012, 02:44 PM   #14
Person056
Member [32%]
"The only thing you can change about someone is how you react to them."
MBTI: INFJ

That picture is ridiculously gorgeous. She doesn't have way too many freckles that are very dark (that is crossing the line in freckles, imo). Maybe if the lighting were the same and her hair was black/brown it wouldn't look too good but black hair and freckles are just as attractive. A nice blue hue for the background is exactly what would be called for.
Old 04-16-2012, 04:28 AM   #15
Pingo
Member [02%]
MBTI: INFP

I am a natural redhead but surprisingly I actually don't have too many freckles on my face anymore (I used to have tons as a kid).

I kind of wish I had them back, because I think they are cute on both genders.
Old 04-30-2012, 06:53 AM   #16
SeverusSin
Member [32%]
"I refer to myself as an intelligent life form because I am sentient and I am able to recognize my own existence, but in my present state I am still incomplete" - The Puppet Master

Freckles are never a bad thing, I personally never find them unattractive. Just like any other natural feature, it depends on how well it works alongside all the other potentially attractive features. I've seen some real cuties with some really nice freckles and I've seen some unattractive women with freckles too. I'd say it depends on the person.
Old 04-30-2012, 07:55 AM   #17
Lilie
Member [29%]
MBTI: INtJ

I've never thought about it. Now that I've thought about it, I still don't care. I don't think I even notice freckles.
Old 04-30-2012, 08:46 AM   #18
Dancingqueen
Core Member [206%]
“They glared at her the way any intelligent persons ought to glare when what they need is a smoke, a bite, a cup of coffee or a piece of ass and all they got was philosophy."
MBTI: iNtJ

I had auburn hair and a face full of freckles as a kid. I hated them! They've left with age and now I miss them. My son has full on bright red hair with no spot on his body left untouched by freckles. It's adorable! I find freckles to be attractive on both women and men.
Old 04-30-2012, 02:46 PM   #19
Polymath20
Core Member [605%]
MBTI: ENTP

Here's an asian girl with freckles, I think it's bordering on too much for her face/complexion, but still attractive.

I have a friend with ancestry from Spain, she has dark hair, dark eyes, and a slightly coppery spanish complexion - also freckles on her nose and cheeks, and it definitely works for her.

Polymath20 is online
Old 04-30-2012, 03:30 PM   #20
Typhon
Member [39%]

Freckles are amazing to me. I haven't encountered a person with freckles and thought "man that's just way too many freckles".

[HIDE="More please"]

[/HIDE]
Old 04-30-2012, 10:48 PM   #21
Fevered Dreams
New Member [01%]

Freckles are cool. It's like you have your own skin pattern, like a leopard. Meooooowwwr!!
Old 04-30-2012, 10:57 PM   #22
Midhiel
Core Member [136%]
Just then, Neville caused a slight diversion by turning into a large canary.
MBTI: InTJ

I have freckles, so I think that I'm slightly biased against them (just because I can imagine myself without them and think it would probably be an improvement). But I don't find them unattractive at all. It definitely depends on the person. (Though I would say I'm not really attracted to people whose freckles prevent you from seeing their actual skin color.)

I'm not physically attracted to women, but I think attractive women look better with freckles than attractive men do. But that's me.