Welcome to INTJ Forum

This is a community where INTJs can meet others with similar personalities and discuss a wide variety of both serious and casual topics. If you aren't an INTJ, you're welcome to join anyway if you would like to learn more about this personality type or participate in our discussions. Registration is free and will allow you to post messages, see hidden subforums, customize your account and use other features only available to our members.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Aya

Blood types and personality

47 posts in this topic

I've found this website where you can check your blood type personality.

http://www.2-4.com/en/

Actually, I've heard of that concept a long time ago and I've received emails about it. Apparently it's a japanese concept.

As for me I just don't know if it is true cause I don't see how we can connect one's personality with his blood type, especially when there is only 4 blood types and a large variaty of personalities.

Still there can be some kind of truth. What do you guys think?

By the way my blood type is O and it is profiled as a Natural leader.

For my case most of the qualities referring to my blood type true.

I don't even know what my blood type is.

I've never tested mine but I know that both my parents are O so I can be nothing but O.

But it is important to know your blood type just in case.

Well mine is O. Here's what I got.

Blood type O:

The Natural Leader

Positive qualities:

Ambitious, Trendsetter, Independent, Loyal, Athletic, Robust, Passionate and Self-confident.

Negative qualities:

Arrogant, Vain, Jealous, Insensitive and Ruthless.

Compatibility:

O is most compatible with blood types AB and O.

Famous people with the same blood type:

Ronald Reagan, Queen Elizabeth II, John Lennon, Paul Newman, Elvis Presley, Gerald Ford, Mikhail Gorbachev, Al Capone.

I guess it's sort of accurate. I'm not really vain or much of a trendsetter, though. I think it's accurate by chance though, because I could fit in just as well with the other three, too.

O type

But I was once told it was the most undesireable blood type personality for a woman. But the best for a man... under the Korean typing system.

Yeah O is the most prevalent blood type and good thing too since they are the universal donor :)

I'm ashamed to say I am of less utility to humanity being the Universal recipient, an AB! I think ABs are cool though cos the Japanese believe they make good head honchos to run corporations etc...also they typically assign AB blood type to all the evil villain manga characters who take over the world...so I guess in conjunction with my INTJ-ness there's no stopping me ;) ...World Domination here I come!!!!!!!

p.s I know people that swear by those blood type diets -not sure about those -but I think the traits assigned are pretty accurate :)

I don't buy it. But I guess I get why they put the blood type of characters in their games now.

Type B. The individualist.

[preview]Positive qualities: Creative, Passionate, Strong, Animal loving, Optimistic and Flexible.

Negative qualities: Wild, Unsociable, Critical, Indecisive, Unpredictable and Unforgiving.

Compatibility: B is most compatible with blood types B and AB.

Famous people with the same blood type: Jack Nicholson, Luciano Pavarotti, Tom Selleck, Mia Farrow, Paul McCartney, Leonardo DiCaprio.[/preview]

I know from friends that blood type is required for job interviews in Japan. The whole personality thing is highly valued there, it seems.

I'm O too. But what connection does it make between blood types and personality? Is it about the chemical composition in our blood or something? Related to the antigen or what?

About 40% of the population has O type, last I read. As far as I'm concerned, 40% is way overblown if you think Os are natural leaders.

Your personality is..

im001.jpg

Blood type A:

The Perfectionist

Positive qualities:

Reserved, Patient, Sensitive, Responsible and Punctual.

Negative qualities:

Obsessive, Stubborn, Conservative and Tense.

Compatibility:

A is most compatible with blood types A and AB.

George H. W. Bush, O.J. Simpson, Britney Spears, Alan Alda, Adolf Hitler, Lyndon B. Johnson, Richard Nixon.

I know this mainly because I'm a blood donor...

Canadian Blood Services web site:

http://www.bloodservices.ca/CentreApps/Internet/UW_V502_MainEngine.nsf/page/Home?OpenDocument&CloseMenu

EdmontonAspie added to this post, 2 minutes and 25 seconds later...

I'm O too. But what connection does it make between blood types and personality? Is it about the chemical composition in our blood or something? Related to the antigen or what?

The connection is a form of divination, still common in Japan.

I suspect that it ultimately goes back to the four temperaments

of ancient Greek medical science. (sanguine, melancholic, choleric, phlegmatic)

Blood type B:

The Individualist

Positive qualities:

Creative, Passionate, Strong, Animal loving, Optimistic and Flexible.

Negative qualities:

Wild, Unsociable, Critical, Indecisive (depends), Unpredictable and Unforgiving.

Blood type AB:

The Rationalist

Positive qualities:

Popular, Sociable, Cool and Controlled.

Negative qualities:

Forgetful, Critical, Indecisive, Irresponsible and Self-centered.

Compatibility:

AB is compatible with all other blood types. (A, B, AB, and O)

John F. Kennedy, Marilyn Monroe, Mick Jagger, Thomas Edison, Jackie Chan.

I'm O, but I wouldn't really call this a test, more of a blood horoscope or something like that.

Crafty deletion there.

Back to topic:

Blood type would have little influence on one's personality, at least not directly. However, the metabolic effects of having a certain blood type, along with the immune efficiencies would be, I presume, influential on temperament which does influence one's personality.

Blood type O:

The Natural Leader

Positive qualities:

Ambitious, Trendsetter, Independent, Loyal, Athletic, Robust, Passionate and Self-confident.

Negative qualities:

Compatibility:

Close. My mother's an AB and we get along well too so I guess there's some truth to this although I wonder how they came to these conclusions just by blood type.

Blood type O:

The Natural Leader

Positive qualities:

Negative qualities:

Compatibility:

Ronald Reagan, Queen Elizabeth II, John Lennon, Paul Newman, Elvis Presley, Gerald Ford, Mikhail Gorbachev, Al Capone.

I am a B and it all seems to fit.

Is this a system with a long tradition in some cultures? By long, I mean 50 years, 20 years?

To me it feels like, as someone else said, a horoscope, or getting my palm read. There is more to blood type than just A,B,O,AB.

I am a B and it all seems to fit.

Is this a system with a long tradition in some cultures? By long, I mean 50 years, 20 years?

To me it feels like, as someone else said, a horoscope, or getting my palm read. There is more to blood type than just A,B,O,AB.

True. My dad is O- and donates blood due to the universal donor thing, whilst my mum was O+.

Blood type O:

The Natural Leader

Positive qualities:

Negative qualities:

Compatibility: