Welcome to INTJ Forum

This is a community where INTJs can meet others with similar personalities and discuss a wide variety of both serious and casual topics. If you aren't an INTJ, you're welcome to join anyway if you would like to learn more about this personality type or participate in our discussions. Registration is free and will allow you to post messages, see hidden subforums, customize your account and use other features only available to our members.

errrzarrr

Pros and Cons of being an Introvert

26 posts in this topic

This is To all the MBTI types. Introverteds, extroverteds, INTJs and non-INTJs, Rationals, Idealists, whatever you are share what you think:

Pros and Cons of being an Introverted

Just try to put the same amount of points of both, Pros and Cons. Just for the equilibrium's sake. Nothing more.

Pros.

-More stability: the important things are carried within, where it is difficult for the external world to reach them so there is less worrying about loosing status or similar things

-Wherever you go, you carry most of your world with you.

-You can be happy with few things

-As your internal world is rich, you can give value to poor external stimuli (finding the interesting side of non interesting things)

Cons

-Misunderstandings due to poor comunication. You are more likely to be seen as something you are not. Most of the times it doesn't really matter, but sometimes you pay a price.

-You may fail to enjoy some interesting external stimuly because of internal problems or lack of attention.

-Things around you are always somewhat unsatisfaying since they fail to meet your standards.

-Sometimes internal factors may lead you to huge errors in analyzing external world.

Pro:

- Less rampant hypocrisy (more analytical of self)

- Better at operating by themselves.

Con:

- Less friends

- Inclined to feel lonely or isolated

Pro -not dependent on People

Con-Can't blend in good

Actually, I sometimes blend in a little too well. I can be almost invisible to people.

Based on my experience:

Pro: More contemplative and insightful.

Con: Less outgoing.

Pro: You can think for yourself and stand on your own.

Con: 75%+ of the remaining population doesn't.

Pros: Not co-Dependant

You don't need others to entertain you.

Thinking for yourself

Cons: misunderstood

being ignored

never quite knowing how to connect with the population at large

people assume that there is something wrong with you

Pros: tend to be thin

Cons: you forget to eat ...rofl

LOL i made those up, but anyone willing to validate them?

Invalidate actually, a number are overweight because they eat a convenient diet and find exercise boring.

Invalidate actually, a number are overweight because they eat a convenient diet and find exercise boring.

Hmm...then my pros and cons may be for a different characteristic.... T and F?

well i am thin, usually dont forget to eat though:popcorn:

Pro: self-awareness/realization, intuition

con: misunderstanding

No, a couple of the members here have stated they are overweight. I think it's more a matter of personal habits.

Like, I eat the worst food possible (think Burger King once a day). But that's because I use it all up with skateboarding or mental energy. I haven't gained any weight at all, because I work it off.

Now if anybody ate the same diet I do, but didn't skateboard, you could sure as hell bet they would be fat.

Ironically, I find my body desiring after food that nutritionally is best for me at the time. I noticed about a month after I started learning how to skateboard, that the only food I actually wanted to eat was fast food. Checked my weight, and lo and behold, I had dropped 10-15 lbs. So I recognized that my body was trying to make up for that lost weight.

No, a couple of the members here have stated they are overweight. I think it's more a matter of personal habits.

Like, I eat the worst food possible (think Burger King once a day). But that's because I use it all up with skateboarding or mental energy. I haven't gained any weight at all, because I work it off.

Now if anybody ate the same diet I do, but didn't skateboard, you could sure as hell bet they would be fat.

But maybe INT's generally put energy towards things they love and... I don't know.

Overweight introverts come out come out where ever you are. :suspicious: :(

(sorry for offending people it's not my intention, this parenthetical addition is me practicing F)

hullolife added to this post, 2 minutes and 37 seconds later...

P.S. that's cool vagrant...our bodies are smarter than we think wowowow :D

Pros: Independence, more insight, cool subjective inner world, really interesting thoughts

Cons: Social flaws, difficulty fitting in, timidness, misunderstandings

Pros: A complex inner world of thoughts that never stop evolving into new thoughts, No exhaustion from too much negative social experience.

Cons: Less expressive in physical world, gets less attention even if smarter than everyone else because isn't willing to assert it louder and clearer then the competition.

Pros: Independent of others, Excellent Contingency Planners and Problem Solver, Great Analyst, Organized and focus on meeting specific goals within specific timeframe, Persistent, Goal Oriented, Highly Intelligent, Fast Learners, Great at analyzing personal issues and making the necessary re-structure steps to work on them for career and financial enhancements mainly...(be nice if I could break out of the I to solve the social aspects outside of work) , interesting way of viewing the Big Picture and processing thoughts on areas of interests...

Cons: Less likely to enjoy social gatherings, feeling of loneliness, often mis-understood by others, limited friends outside of the work environment, hermit or hibernating behavior, difficulty fitting in social environments outside of work related events, lack of interest on common topics for the other types (i.e., sports, news, politics, movies, entertainment,etc.) not associated with self-enhancements or career goals

Pros:

- ability to make independent decisions

- not reliant upon others

- good at problem solving

- great critical skills

Cons:

- trouble enjoying and being comfortable at social gatherings

- inability to 'get out of our heads' and just enjoy things

- prone to loneliness

Pros:

1) If I compare myself to couple of ENTJs I know, it would seem that I get a lot more things done. Especially things that require time, patience and long-term commitment. They usually just end up talking "how it would be nice to do this and that" and never get to it. I guess they don't like so much doing things alone and are trying to get other people involved (which is often hard, especially in the long run).

2) I think introverts have a lot more time on their hands because we don't have to load our social batteries (at least not so often). Extroverts "waste" a lot of personal time by hanging around in all kinds of get-togethers and thus have less time for themself.

Cons:

1) Extroverts have it easier in almost all situations just because they get along with people better than introverts. You can get far just by being social. We introverts actually have to be competent.

WoW! lots of participation and lots of interesting posts to read. But hey I only see I's posting, this thread is for everybody. E's, I's, INTJ's and non-INTJs... So I hope to see other types posting their opinions.

Ok here is a nice summary of what everyone has said so far :)

Pros:

• More stability: the important things are carried within, where it is difficult for the external world to reach them so there is less worrying about loosing status or similar things

• Wherever you go, you carry most of your world with you.

• You can be happy with few things

• As your internal world is rich, you can give value to poor external stimuli (finding the interesting side of non interesting things)

• More understanding.

• Less rampant hypocrisy (more analytical of self)

• Better at operating by themselves.

• Not dependent on People

• tend to be thin (some people)

• ability to make independent decisions

• not reliant upon others

• good at problem solving

• great critical skills

• Independent of others, Excellent Contingency Planners and Problem Solver, Great

• Analyst, Organized and focus on meeting specific goals within specific timeframe, Persistent,

• Goal Oriented, Highly Intelligent, Fast Learners, Great at analyzing personal issues and making the necessary re-structure steps to work on them for career and financial enhancements mainly...(be nice if I could break out of the I to solve the social aspects outside of work) , interesting way of viewing the Big Picture and processing thoughts on areas of interests...

• Pros: A complex inner world of thoughts that never stop evolving into new thoughts, No exhaustion from too much negative social experience.

• Independence, more insight, cool subjective inner world, really interesting thoughts

• self-awareness/realization, intuition

• More contemplative and insightful.

• More enlightened.

• You can think for yourself and stand on your own.

• Not co-Dependant

• You don't need others to entertain you.

• Thinking for yourself

Cons:

• Misunderstandings due to poor comunication. You are more likely to be seen as something you are not. Most of the times it doesn't really matter, but sometimes you pay a price.

• You may fail to enjoy some interesting external stimuly because of internal problems or lack of attention.

• Things around you are always somewhat unsatisfaying since they fail to meet your standards.

Sometimes internal factors may lead you to huge errors in analyzing external world.

• Less life.

• Less friends

• Inclined to feel lonely or isolated

• Prone to because unfit hermits.

• Can't blend in good

• you forget to eat ...rofl (some people)

• trouble enjoying and being comfortable at social gatherings

• inability to 'get out of our heads' and just enjoy things

• prone to loneliness

• Less likely to enjoy social gatherings, feeling of loneliness, often mis-understood by others, limited friends outside of the work environment, hermit or hibernating behavior, difficulty fitting in social environments outside of work related events, lack of interest on common topics for the other types (i.e., sports, news, politics, movies, entertainment,etc.) not associated with self-enhancements or career goals

• Cons: Less expressive in physical world, gets less attention even if smarter than everyone else because isn't willing to assert it louder and clearer then the competition.

• Social flaws, difficulty fitting in, timidness, misunderstandings

• misunderstanding

• Less outgoing.

• Less engaging.

• 75%+ of the remaining population doesn't.

• Misunderstood

• Being ignored

• never quite knowing how to connect with the population at large

• people assume that there is something wrong with you

Pro - Can easily keep ourselves occupied.

Con - Can get easily exhausted in social situations.