Welcome to INTJ Forum

This is a community where INTJs can meet others with similar personalities and discuss a wide variety of both serious and casual topics. If you aren't an INTJ, you're welcome to join anyway if you would like to learn more about this personality type or participate in our discussions. Registration is free and will allow you to post messages, see hidden subforums, customize your account and use other features only available to our members.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mindlink

Enfj trust

28 posts in this topic

Depends on what kind of trust. Could you be more specific?

You'd better make sure you can recognize a lie.

Eeeeek. Hmm. Trusted how? With what they say? Or with something you have to say?

They are still human, thus flawed. Like everyone else some are honest/trustworthy and some are social climbers

there is also such a thing as type pidgeonhole-ing and paranoia! you are talking about a specific ENFJ, aren't you?

Edited by dorkymagentle
spelling error

Yes a specific Enfj i didn`t get an answer about a few threads back.

Not from this forum but in real life.

---------- Post added 03-05-2013 at 08:42 AM ----------

Depends on what kind of trust. Could you be more specific?

Generally

The two that I have met, overall I would say no. I would not emotionally invest in this type of person. They are extremely likable and know how to manipulate very well; even without them consciously doing so. They are not long term and seem egotistical. Not all ENFJs, just the two I met and the ones I have interacted with online. A totally subjective experience.

Happy,genuine, positive,uplifting,supportive,energetic

i don't know but i guess i met someone in the past.

he used to sing the "brothers,brothers" song.

but looks like he was the worst singer ever.

if I'm right about him being an ENFJ

then my answer is no but the possibility still remain.

Eeeeek. Hmm. Trusted how? With what they say? Or with something you have to say?

They are still human, thus flawed. Like everyone else some are honest/trustworthy and some are social climbers

I was never implying that they might be .....defected or mean or ugly or whatever.....I`d just love to meet more with whom i could connect and not be screwed over.

Oh! I said eek because I have been screwed over multipul times by enfjs. But I'm one and I'd like to think I wouldn't do that.

I tell them too much and they use it to their advantage. I also have a bad "bad people" detector, so I'm not sure how you'd detect it

*scratches his head* I`ve never been screwed over by an Intj.....

---------- Post added 03-09-2013 at 01:47 PM ----------

Ignored maybe,but not screwed over.

Wow...ENFJ screwing over other ENFJ's....never thought about that

Can Enfj`s be trusted?

ehhhh, depends.

One of the main problems is they tend to be very good at making people feel warm and welcome. All people. This can inadvertently cause problems when they don't realize the person is taking it as a sign that they are really into them or that they are trying to really establish something of depth.

It all depends on how assertive or flaky they are as they have a hard time distinguishing or asserting boundaries. One ENFJ I knew and got close to just wasn't assertive and so when I tried to establish something a bit deeper kind of would get super flaky and a bit emotionally manipulative instead of kind of making what she wanted clear. I would get mad at her flakiness until I just kind of gave up and realized that she really didn't like me overly much or want something of depth but was overall just to afraid or timid or whatever to tell me or really assert herself.

Another ENFJ friend I have is a bit better, more assertive and a bit more socially aware I think. She's one of my best friends and is simply because she'll make sure to check in on me every once and a while out of the blue to see how I'm doing and to talk to me about stuff if need to. And I do the same for her.

As for how to tell the difference between the two I'd say you just have to give things a bit of time. Judge them a bit on how much they follow through as whether they realize it or not they can have the bad habit of saying things in the moment without really thinking them through. It always kinds of brings up the old adage to me: Don't make promises while you're happy. They can do it at times and not realize the implications.

I've been dating one for 6 months and still ask myself this question every day :s I guess only time will tell. I have no proof or evidence to suggest otherwise..... yet