Welcome to INTJ Forum

This is a community where INTJs can meet others with similar personalities and discuss a wide variety of both serious and casual topics. If you aren't an INTJ, you're welcome to join anyway if you would like to learn more about this personality type or participate in our discussions. Registration is free and will allow you to post messages, see hidden subforums, customize your account and use other features only available to our members.

castalia

Guys getting boners just from hugging?

70 posts in this topic

Guys, have you ever gotten an erection when a girl hugged you?

Let's assume that you are sitting next to her and she starts to hug and touch you in a friendy way. Do you get aroused if you find her attractive? Have you ever had to use the bathroom to hide your arousal or take "care" of yourself?

How common is this with guys?

I've never had this happen, and I have never heard of it happening to another guy, except over the Internet.

Hasn't really happened. I think it could if I let myself dwell on the attraction and the expectation that I'm going to enjoy having her close to me.

A hug where there is an anticipation of sex afterwards, or a mutual air of something kinky happening... is different.

--

I can see it happening to certain kinds of guys that are more easily aroused and who are letting themselves enjoy the fact that they desire that woman (different mental attitude)

I can see it happening to certain kinds of guys that are more easily aroused and who are letting themselves enjoy the fact that they desire that woman (different mental attitude)

What type of guys? Nerds? Players?

Woman! I'll tell you! The average 12 year old boy needs more clothing changes than a baby does with diapers. They have multiple erections when they sleep!, wake-up, and multiple while in class. The chance that he has a boner just because that's how the organ works is pretty high. If this guy has a crush on you he probably has had sex with you multiple times in his fantasies and looking at you probably intensified those memories. Hormones, what you gonna do huh. :)

I don't know if my answer counts as I don't get boners, but I've been aroused three times by friendly hugs. I took take "care" of myself afterwards every time. For the first time it happened when I was around 10, then 13 and for the last time (so far) when I was 23. (Nice numerology.)

So, those occasions are quite rare for me, personally.

Woman! I'll tell you! The average 12 year old boy needs more clothing changes than a baby does with diapers. They have multiple erections when they sleep!, wake-up, and multiple while in class. The chance that he has a boner just because that's how the organ works is pretty high. If this guy has a crush on you he probably has had sex with you multiple times in his fantasies and looking at you probably intensified those memories. Hormones, what you gonna do huh. :)

Except that this male friend of mine who is "afflicted" with boners when I hug him is 38, not a teenager.

I popped quite a semi at the dry cleaners the other day just standing next to someone attractive, I then thought "Oh darn!" And started thinking about dead puppies. It's not like I was thinking anything particularly sexual, was only admiring and then biology started doing it's thing. Hugging would have taken it beyond my level of resistance.

I didnt have to go "take care of it" or anything like that.

Except that this male friend of mine who is "afflicted" with boners when I hug him is 38, not a teenager.

Boners = plural? Well if so than you must be quite a catch, or he just always needs to pee when he sees you. I don't know, by the age of 38 one should have control over it by thoughts. I find it really weird thinking about it, maybe you should also remember the rule that boy's and girls can't be friends without one having feelings. It at least applies 99% of the time.

---------- Post added 08-29-2012 at 07:24 AM ----------

It's not like I was thinking anything particularly sexual, was only admiring and then biology started doing it's thing.

It's sometimes hard to be a man. (see what I did there)

I don't know, by the age of 38 one should have control over it by thoughts. I find it really weird thinking about it, maybe you should also remember the rule that boy's and girls can't be friends without one having feelings. It at least applies 99% of the time.

P.S. I have feelings for him too. Just wondering whether this was normal or if there is something wrong with him.

You really can’t blame a guy for getting a boner at awkward or inopportune times. Especially if he’s in contact with someone he’s attracted to. It’s involuntary and it takes a bit of focus to control it that isn’t always available to us in the moment. Getting upset about it is like getting mad at a dog for wagging its tail when he’s happy.

P.S. I have feelings for him too. Just wondering whether this was normal or if there is something wrong with him.

Very normal but your friendly touching will be seen as flirting which can initiate sex, hes just getting ready for when you are.

What type of guys? Nerds? Players?

Nerds who are too involuntarily excited due to lack of experience. Players who enjoy the excitement of being with a woman, and are more focused on the emotions of the experience.

All it really means is that the guy finds you hot - and has shown his hand :p

Let's assume that you are sitting next to her and she starts to hug and touch you in a friendy way. Do you get aroused if you find her attractive? Have you ever had to use the bathroom to hide your arousal or take "care" of yourself?

I guess only the "inexperienced" guys who tend to be like that.

About 6 years ago, I dated a very pervert but shy guy. I didn't do anything, I only sat next to him and I accidentally saw that he wet his pants. After that, I kind of curious what kind of sorcery happened to him, then I started to pay attention to that "area" and it was always wet every time I sat next to him.

Ewww grosss, I wonder what did he think at that time.

I didn't do anything, only sat next to him, no touching at all.

:speechless:

yes, but only with girls i was in love with. Its really funny xD

I didn't do anything, only sat next to him, no touching at all.

:speechless:

Imagine how much he might've been willing to do for you if he felt you were that awesome :p

Several years ago, on one or two occasions when a former coworker would hug me as tight as possible and cling to me for like 10-20 sec. She did that at least once or twice every shift. There was obvious sexual tension between us for a long time (one night she even suggested having sex "some time later"), but we never hung out outside of work or anything.

Yeah, it's not something we control entirely.

Let's assume that you are sitting next to her and she starts to hug and touch you in a friendy way. Do you get aroused if you find her attractive?

Maybe. Depends on what my testosterone level is.

Have you ever had to use the bathroom to hide your arousal or take "care" of yourself?

No. But I have had to adjust my.. posture.

Not very. It's more common with younger guys who have out of control testosterone, especially those who aren't getting any.

Gives another good story behind the line... "Is that a gun in your pocket or are you just happy to see me?"

If there is any blood flow irregularity (read: surge of blood to lower body) you can get a forced erection. Sometimes the way certain pants cut off my circulation I find I get random... Flag half mast?... not to mention suddenly standing up. T.T oh god the awkward situations. It's really annoying when you're wearing light pants or god forbid shorts.

Anyway! It's a pretty easily triggered response, my girlfriend gets excited when she accidently gets me up from say a kiss. Not realizing all she needs to do is bounce up and down >.>;;

Not wearing underwear can increase the chances of awkwardness :p

Imagine how much he might've been willing to do for you if he felt you were that awesome :p

If he felt I was so awesome, he will never dumped me and married another girl. ;)

just being attracted to a gal can be enough to close the valves & fill it up.

i've noticed erections for no reason whatsoever, especially waking up. a hug with sexual tension is a surefire trigger. just talking to a cute japanese nerd gal made me have to wait for an opportunity to adjust when she wasn't looking.