Welcome to INTJ Forum

This is a community where INTJs can meet others with similar personalities and discuss a wide variety of both serious and casual topics. If you aren't an INTJ, you're welcome to join anyway if you would like to learn more about this personality type or participate in our discussions. Registration is free and will allow you to post messages, see hidden subforums, customize your account and use other features only available to our members.

CrudeHypothesis

Women's Gap Between Thighs

About the gap between women's thighs:   91 members have voted

1. 1. About the gap between women's thighs:

• I'm male and I like the gap a lot.
    • I'm male and I like the gap very much.
    • I'm female and I don't get a say.

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
216 posts in this topic

What do you think of the gap between women's thighs?

photo.JPG

Not all women, I mean hot women. (P.S. These are not my thighs)

Nope, the only thigh gap that is attractive is the tiny triangle underneath the cameltoe. That long wide gap lower down is just characteristic of skinny thighs to me, not attractive. Someone chime in and correct me...

How did you got the possession of this photo?

Are you stalking girls for their thigh gap shot's?

(PS: I think nothing of the gap,leg's are nice to look at and all that,but it's not the first thing i notice)

Once heard the phrase "never trust a woman, whose thighs don't meet in the middle'.... made me chuckle, if for no other reason, gave me more poise to think of multple reasons why....

How did you got the possession of this photo?

Are you stalking girls for their thigh gap shot's?

(PS: I think nothing of the gap,leg's are nice to look at and all that,but it's not the first thing i notice)

lol, I just typed in "gap between thighs" in Google image search and picked the one that closest represented what I was trying to convey; it's really handy when you need to quickly find a photo of almost anything.

I think it looks really good, but then again I have some issues with looking skinny.

I too thought you were talking about the diamond shaped gap beneath the pudendum.

Women's legs are further apart from each other because somewhere in their life a baby has to come through. They say a women with wide hips is good for childbearing, we are talking about the bone structure and not excess weight that widens the hips. With wide hips and a healthy weight the gap usually is wider and I assume it triggers some natural instinct in men . I think the unique shape a women has, is very beautiful.

Women's legs are further apart from each other because somewhere in their life a baby has to come through. They say a women with wide hips is good for childbearing, we are talking about the bone structure and not excess weight that widens the hips. With wide hips and a healthy weight the gap usually is wider and I assume it triggers some natural instinct in men . I think the unique shape a women has, is very beautiful.

Agrees 100%

When present even in a relaxed posture while standing in normally-active women, it is indicative of extremely low bodyfat and usually indicates some kind of eating disorder.

Modern media=win that all ya'all think it's normal.

it is indicative of extremely low bodyfat and usually indicates some kind of eating disorder.

First part perhaps, second part...no.

When present even in a relaxed posture while standing in normally-active women, it is indicative of extremely low bodyfat and usually indicates some kind of eating disorder.

An eating disorder can result in low body fat, but that doesn't mean low body fat is indicative of an eating disorder.

Haha, here also! On sherdog there was this big picture thread only of attractive female thighgaps. I used to have a big thing for it, but not so much anymore.

Fucking hell Plot, you just have to hate on ANYTHING men like. I can show you picture of girls that aren't underweight that have a big gap, quite fat girls even probably.

You kinda just expect plot to hate on anything men like. In fact, you start threads about stuff men like just to get plot to counterbalance it out ;)

Ok, I would agree that the photoshopped plastic-faced pictures you see in the media aren't normal.

But a gap between the thighs indicating "extremely low" body fat and an eating disorder? That's just plain ridiculous and insulting. Your first link actually is meant to show that skinny people don't always have eating disorders, and that "healthy-looking" people don't always not have them.

The girl in the OP's picture looks perfectly healthy to me. I also happen to have a gap between my legs. My bodyfat is somewhere between 20% and 25%, and I absolutely don't have an eating disorder.

Although I have to say, I had to actually stand up to see if I had one because I've never even noticed/thought about this before. Just shows you that somewhere out there someone judges/find attractive/finds ugly ever part of the anatomy. Next we'll have a thread on how whether or not your earlobe attaches to the face is attractive or not and its implications.

Are those supposed to be some sort of defense of your claim? Links to tumblrs and a news article about tumblrs? No one ever claimed women with eating disorders don't have the "gap". You said " [it] usually indicates some kind of eating disorder" - which is just plain wrong.

Oh, lord. You are the king of able-bodied white boys. Admittedly these aren't quite as bad as the grown-up version, but ever so incessant and spirited.

Edited by zibber
Actually I guess it would be "prince".

I too thought you were talking about the diamond shaped gap beneath the pudendum.

YES, this is what I was referring to.

....What? It's indicative of the exact opposite. If your thighs touch in a standing relaxed position, there's normally a problem with body fat, and it's not the attrition of it. Unless by standing in a relaxed position you mean with their legs crossed, then, yeah might be a problem.

Ok, I would agree that the photoshopped plastic-faced pictures you see in the media aren't normal.

But a gap between the thighs indicating "extremely low" body fat and an eating disorder? That's just plain ridiculous and insulting. Your first link actually is meant to show that skinny people don't always have eating disorders, and that "healthy-looking" people don't always not have them.

The girl in the OP's picture looks perfectly healthy to me. I also happen to have a gap between my legs. My bodyfat is somewhere between 20% and 25%, and I absolutely don't have an eating disorder.

Although I have to say, I had to actually stand up to see if I had one because I've never even noticed/thought about this before. Just shows you that somewhere out there someone judges/find attractive/finds ugly ever part of the anatomy. Next we'll have a thread on how whether or not your earlobe attaches to the face is attractive or not and its implications.

My apologies, I wasn't quite clear enough. The picture in the OP and the commonly accepted idea of "thigh gap" indicates a clear space while standing in a relaxed posture from the pudendum straight down to the knees. This is not the same as a triangle under the pudendum. Fat stored on women's hips and thighs is especially high in long-chain polyunsaturated fatty acids and other yummy things, essential for making smart children.

http://huntgatherlove.com/content/why-women-need-fat Human women are unusual in the first place by how fatty we are. A slim woman can have a body fat percentage of 30%. A chimpanzee female has a body fat percentage around 5%. In this metric, we are closer to whales or polar bears than other primates. The fat is usually concentrated in the buttocks, breasts, thighs, and hips. Studies have shown that the average man finds fat in these areas particularly attractive.

What is this fat for? Interestingly, women tend to lose the fat in these areas as they have children even if they gain weight overall and have plenty to eat. The lose correlates to the number of children a woman has. Lassek and Gaulin found that most of this fat seemed to be lost during nursing. During this period, an average woman eats less than she needs and instead seems to use up this lower body fat.

Why is this happening? It doesn't make sense that women would be just using this fat to give the baby extra calories, because otherwise they would eat more.

Turns out that there is something in this fat tissue that the developing infant brain really needs. The human infant brain is unusually large and it's not just hungry for calories, it's hungry for fat. In particular it's hungry for DHA, the immediately usable form of omega-3 fatty acids that has been found to be crucial for optimal infant brain development.

Unfortunately, the diets of most American women only provide half of the DHA that a pregnant woman and her infant need. Another type of omega-3 fatty acid, Alpha Linoleic Acid (ALA) can be converted to DHA, but this conversion varies (though interestingly pregnant women have upregulated conversion and the placenta also has the ability to push DHA "uphill" creating a higher level of DHA in the infant's blood than in the mother's) and can be down-regulated by excessive omega-6 in the diet.

The authors theorize that towards the end of the pregnancy, a woman eats less in order to foster utilization of her own fat tissues that are rich in DHA. The fat in the hips, buttocks, and thighs has more DHA than the fat in other parts of the body. This DHA has been accumulated over many years, starting in infancy.

I read a frightening Facebook conversation I witnessed in which a girl was bragging about how her thighs didn't touch, another girl mentioned that she was so mad that her thighs kept touching even though she had gotten "thin.". Like this question on Paleohacks, many women find that weight seems to come off everywhere but the thigh/buttock/hip region where the gluteofemoral fat lies. This can be frustrating in a culture where slimness everywhere but the breasts is desired. But seen in the light of the importance of this fat, it makes sense why the body resists mobilizing this fat when weight is lost and many women can't achieve the thinness they want in this region without getting so thin everywhere else that they are dangerously overweight or their ribs are showing. These women don't have "lipodystrophy," they are normal women whose bodies are trying to remain functional in a world where our body ideals have become dysfunctional

The authors own research that suggests that women with more of this important fat have smarter children.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTK0l7fouHGt7h4Ziz9A1ClLsgStFQdJEyXbfuJrqrP6xZyZmElbw << See the difference? >> images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSv3ElSLS4nwQ9EiMMK68I3B2nZJKyuyqScotrviXI6-DNGpJfJ

Storm, If you do have that large thigh gap + no ED, then you are in a very small minority.

First off, there are two kinds of thigh gap.

First, the super skinny, probably (not always, but often) too skinny "thighs not touching at all" type of thigh gap exhibited here: http://x2a.xanga.com/555e32f310d34276832957/z220563897.jpg

and second, the oh, so popular in Anime triangular thigh gap, where the thighs do touch, but there's a space at the top, that's so popular in Japanese culture that there's a name for it in Japanese, exhibited here: http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/2011/10/thigh-gap-27.jpg?w=500&h=394

The difference is in both the amount of muscle AND the amount of fat present in the thigh area. Some women have the second type of gap even when chubby. It can be healthy, and according to some, it's created when a woman naturally holds her pelvis in a position that creates the most pleasure for men during sex. Whether or not that's true, I've no idea, but the hypothesis would explain, at least in part, why it's so popular in Anime.

The second type, I think can be attractive (though, I'm a heterosexual female, so I don't know if men think the same way), but the first, I usually think "She'd look SO much better if she were to build some muscle on her inner thighs and eat a cheeseburger every now and again." IMO, roundness and fullness is attractive on a female body. That's not the same as chubbiness, but instead having a good balance between body fat and muscle. Basically she doesn't jiggle when she walks, her arms stop waving when she does, but she also doesn't look like she might blow away if your dog sneezes in her general direction.

Edited by Coralaisly

I guess I never thought about this before. Both are nice, as long as it is proportional to the hips and the rest of the body. But this talk of gap-having women having an ED is bullshit. Some people are fatter, some are thinner. Value judgments about the person are not required.