Welcome to INTJ Forum

This is a community where INTJs can meet others with similar personalities and discuss a wide variety of both serious and casual topics. If you aren't an INTJ, you're welcome to join anyway if you would like to learn more about this personality type or participate in our discussions. Registration is free and will allow you to post messages, see hidden subforums, customize your account and use other features only available to our members.

Mogura

What is/was your favorite coming-of-age film?

Coming-age-films are those which capture adolescent feelings, first love and romance, and the school experience. These films seem to endure for ages, given their timeless and common themes, and that generational groups will attach themselves to or identify with a particular film or set of films.

Examples of such films include Gregory's Girl, Sixteen Candles, and Cinema Paradiso. But there are many, many more.

So what is/was your favorite coming-of-age film?

Cabin Boy, Freddy Got Fingered, or Meet the Feebles. Or probably Up in Smoke, most likely.

Most people see The Craft as a horror but I personally consider it a great COA flick.

Mogura, I automatically get an "F-" for "what is your favorite" questions, but here are a couple of coming of age films that come to mind (loved Cinema Paradiso and The Graduate):

City of God/Cidade de Deus, Pather Panchali, My Life as a Dog/ Mitt liv som hund

Wo ai ni mommy, Billy Elliott, American Beauty, Boyz in the Hood, Persepolis, Late Spring/Banshun, Salaam Bombay!, Machuca... I could go on but I've already earned my F.

Do you have a favorite or favorites?

So many good ones.

Fast Times at Ridgemont High comes to mind. So does, I Know What You did Last Summer. The Lion King is up there too.

The Big Chill. Almost went with The Silence of the Lambs.

Mogura, I automatically get an "F-" for "what is your favorite" questions, but here are a couple of coming of age films that come to mind (loved Cinema Paradiso and The Graduate):

City of God/Cidade de Deus, Pather Panchali, My Life as a Dog/ Mitt liv som hund

Wo ai ni mommy, Billy Elliott, American Beauty, Boyz in the Hood, Persepolis, Late Spring/Banshun, Salaam Bombay!, Machuca... I could go on but I've already earned my F.

Do you have a favorite or favorites?

City of God was pretty excellent..forgot about that one. :thumbsup: