Welcome to INTJ Forum

This is a community where INTJs can meet others with similar personalities and discuss a wide variety of both serious and casual topics. If you aren't an INTJ, you're welcome to join anyway if you would like to learn more about this personality type or participate in our discussions. Registration is free and will allow you to post messages, see hidden subforums, customize your account and use other features only available to our members.

squarebox

Mechanical keyboard?

42 posts in this topic

Is anyone into mechanical keyboard?

As an INTJ, I always looking for something better. I found and fell in love with mechanical keyboard.

I like mechanical keyboard. Keys to pressing like before, but make click instead of nothing.

Cause -> effect. Like god.

IBM Model M 1388032

IBM-M1388032.jpg

Edited by bobabrowncoat

I don't know what a mechanical keyboard is but mine looks just like the picture above, except with windows buttons. Didn't have anything else at the time and it doesn't bother me at all now. It's just what you get used too.

I have a Steelseries 7G. It looks pretty plain. Kinda looks like shit actually, but it's the best keyboard I've ever used.

Steelseries-7G.jpg

Here are some pictures of mine.

Nyan2.jpg

Nyan1.jpg

skullkeycap.jpg

Awesome.jpg

Disapproval.jpg

INTJ makes me appreciate high-quality stuff more... I know that some will find it unnecessary or illogical to spend so much on a keyboard.

I wanted a keyboard without the lettering, but the ones I found are priced higher than the one I bought. Where do you buy the keycaps? Are they for Cherry MX switches?

I wanted a keyboard without the lettering, but the ones I found are priced higher than the one I bought. Where do you buy the keycaps? Are they for Cherry MX switches?

You can purchase blank keycaps from WASDkeyboards if you're in USA.

The other keycaps are from a Mass/Group buy.

Yup, they are all for MX switches.

There's a community just for keyboards called geekhack.org

Be careful when you visit, it's a money pit...

My boyfriend recently got a mechanical keyboard, and it's magical to type on. I'm going to buy one in the next few years, once I'm out of uni and in a stable place where I can use a desktop.

I sort of want to go for an all pink and white thing...

http://www.vendio.com/stores/E-sports-Gaming-equipments/item/mechanical-keyboard-plu/plu-87-mechanical-gaming-keybo/lid=18974443

Wow. That's... pink.

...it's magical to type on.

People underestimate how good a keyboard can be. I don't think they've really had any other choice though. Mechanical keyboards are so rare and have to be tracked down.

---

I wanted a keyboard with the red switches instead of blue just so it would be quieter. I'd like to try it out first, though.

My keyboard is almost worn out. I didn't know about mechanical keyboards, but now I am nerd-lusting after one. I like the keycaps. What is the price range?

Man, very l33t keyboards. Used to have a Unicomp Endura Pro that uses IBM buckling-spring mechanical keyswitches, but eventually sold it because it was too much resistance to handle.

Now using an older generation white Apple keyboard that's non-mechanical, and softer to the touch that I'm content with. The Apple Extended Keyboard II was incredible and liked its mechanical feeling better. I think it used Alps keyswitches, and they're also used in other higher-end keyboards.

My keyboard is almost worn out. I didn't know about mechanical keyboards, but now I am nerd-lusting after one. I like the keycaps. What is the price range?

Keyboard range from $99-$299

The unique keys range from $0.5 to $200++ per key.

i'm always on the lookout for a model m. used to have a bunch but not anymore. best keyboard ever, though my $3 one i bought online has lasted 3 years now.

I've a Unicomp model M remake. I really like the springs, the feedback it gives when I write. And yes I'm a geekhack member aswell.

I don't know why, but when I clicked on this thread I was kind of expecting a discussion on Steampunk-type keyboards. What you guys are talking about are "regular keyboards." LOL...

steampunk-keyboard-kit-2.jpg

couldn't you just, err, rub the lettering off? fingernails are free!

It makes me feel important when I type away on my clickey keys! *tap tap tap* :D

couldn't you just, err, rub the lettering off? fingernails are free!

Some keyboards have a protective layer on top of the letter printing. So you would have to scrape through that layer first, thereby changing (ruining?) the feeling of the keyboard.

I have two keyboards, a mechanical for playing video games and another one that I use for typing normally.

The one I use for typing is a Dvorak keyboard, and the mechanical is standard layout.

I loved my IBM Type M. Sadly, I no longer have it and haven't found a replacement. I am currently using a Dell/LiteON USB keyboard with large keys and it works OK, but I miss that tactile click of the Type M.