Welcome to INTJ Forum

This is a community where INTJs can meet others with similar personalities and discuss a wide variety of both serious and casual topics. If you aren't an INTJ, you're welcome to join anyway if you would like to learn more about this personality type or participate in our discussions. Registration is free and will allow you to post messages, see hidden subforums, customize your account and use other features only available to our members.

Selene

What was the last movie you saw?

3,872 posts in this topic
Really? I was hugely disappointed by the intrusion of cliche and sentiment into Haneke's usually sterile world. Dream sequences...really??

The horror unfolding in surrealistic space (always familiar yet strange) painfully recognizable to anyone unfortunate enough to withstand the slow dying of a loved one. Beneath dry stolid exterior, nightmare sequence was the only betrayal into George's state of mind. Psychic projection of sheer terror, or wish-fulfillment even. As a prophetic device, foretells the exact same method he will use to end her life.

Manipulative (classic Haneken) plot machine, yes. Cliché, no because the execution remains clinically true to subject matter hand, explicates another level of meaning without ridiculous alterations to the plausibility of events. Aesthetically superior imo, on par with Rosemary's Baby and Lynchian nightmares (except in lower density). Depends on what you glean from it, no right or wrong in qualitative judgement on this.

Argo and it was really amazing. It was the only Oscar nominee I was able to see!

Argo and it was really amazing. It was the only Oscar nominee I was able to see!

Just saw it. It was all sorts of wonderful. I was surprised by how effective the suspense was; much better in its execution than any of the officiated "suspense" and "thriller" films in my opinion.

My wife and I saw Safe Haven tonight. It's not the kind of movie I would see by myself, but I had fun going with her.

This weekend saw Jagten (The Hunt) and Quartet. Both were good, although quite different.

This weekend saw Jagten (The Hunt).

Ugh... I've been waiting for this for the longest of time. :(

It was fantastic. Not going to spoil it for you with details, but very good, if heavy.

It was fantastic. Not going to spoil it for you with details, but very good, if heavy.

I trust that Mads Mikkelsen did a really good job as lead. Sadly, it won't be coming to the theaters where I'm at, shall have to wait for DVD.

I am interested in watching this one, the trailer is so awkward....:laugh:

Just finished watching the sequence to "The Girl with a dragon tattoo" entitled "The Girl who played with fire". It provides a more indepth view of the first movie. Highly recommend it.

Edited by PRBori

The Monolith Monsters, Universal Studios, 1957, Starring Grant Williams and Lola Albright.

Edited by psykhe
forum rule #4

Skyfall. Pretty limited in scope for a bond flick. Daniel craig was more daniel craig than james bond - he was very lazy, seemed like he couldn't care less. Do we really need to have bonds "human side" and "unresolved childhood trauma" described to us. Decent but overrated.

I just rented and watched the Man with the Iron Fists. Pretty good in the old Black Belt Theater kind of way.

Tinker Tailor Solder Spy. Well worth watching. It's an exercise in subtlety and the squalor of being a spy. Even though the cast was all-star, Tom Hardy wasted everyone with his performance.

Hellraiser 9, the newest one, whatever it's called. It sucked balls.

Les Miserables

The production was quite good, and portions that did not make sense on stage made a lot more sense on film.

The wife was sick so I was stuck in. We caught Men in Black III. It was remarkably enjoyable... great story for an aged movie franchised that's warmed-over for a third time.

The Road to El Dorado. It wasn't as epic a film as I had thought when I was younger.

Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol.

Just needed a mindless, plot-driven movie after an exhausting work week.

Tinker Tailor Solder Spy. Well worth watching. It's an exercise in subtlety and the squalor of being a spy. Even though the cast was all-star, Tom Hardy wasted everyone with his performance.

Book was better. (As usual.) But yeah, I agree about Hardy.

I watched Here Comes the Boom with my kids this morning.