Welcome to INTJ Forum

This is a community where INTJs can meet others with similar personalities and discuss a wide variety of both serious and casual topics. If you aren't an INTJ, you're welcome to join anyway if you would like to learn more about this personality type or participate in our discussions. Registration is free and will allow you to post messages, see hidden subforums, customize your account and use other features only available to our members.

Overanalyzer

Do most INTJs consider themselves demisexual?

207 posts in this topic

I've never heard of this term till today and read it on another MBTI forum where it concerned INTJs primarily.

I've seen too many different definitions of demisexuality to use it to describe myself, but often don't have intense sexual attraction towards someone until I have formed an emotional or intellectual connection. But, I lack the asexual tendencies you find in most definitions of demisexuality.

I'm personally not one although I would consider myself to be a borderline demisexual based on the page below. I still feel attraction through personality and appearance so that would be considered primary attraction. My sexual attraction to somebody starts increasing rapidly based on the emotional connection I have to them. The definition below says that sexual attraction is formed through an emotional connection with somebody and not off such things as appearance, personality and wealth (primary sexual attraction). Being a psychology major I've heard this word thrown around a few times but it's not something commonly referenced in the psychological community.

This is the link I was using: Click Here

At first I was going to state that I didn't think demisexual applied to me, but the more I read about it, the more I feel as though it may. I wasn't aware of this term until you mentioned it, thank you.

I had to search "demisexual". Definitely not me. I'm more likely to find someone sexually attractive until they talk and ruin the fantasy.

I had to search "demisexual". Definitely not me. I'm more likely to find someone sexually attractive until they talk and ruin the fantasy.

The same. However, sexual attraction and girls' smartness are relatively independent from my point of view.

Hm. There's actually quite a bit to that, for me. There's definitely an.. inclination. It's more a question of comfort than anything else.

---------- Post added 12-24-2011 at 09:40 PM ----------

Actually, yeah - that occurs as well.

I score low on the I and J side, but the answer is emphatically 'no.'

When it comes to personal gratification, I would say no, but in terms of intimate relationships, yes.

When it comes to personal gratification, I would say no, but in terms of intimate relationships, yes.

Does this mean experimentation?

That looks a lot like me. I am not limited by race, age, gender etcetera. My limitation is that I need to feel love for the person, or I just won't feel any sexual attraction to them. The evolution of attraction for me starts with becoming interested in someone as a person. I find their ideas and experiences interesting, and as time passes, I'll decide if I'd like this person to be in my life. If I do want that - then I may very well develop romantic feelings for them and only after that has happened do I see them as sexually attractive.

That looks a lot like me. I am not limited by race, age, gender etcetera. My limitation is that I need to feel love for the person, or I just won't feel any sexual attraction to them. The evolution of attraction for me starts with becoming interested in someone as a person. I find their ideas and experiences interesting, and as time passes, I'll decide if I'd like this person to be in my life. If I do want that - then I may very well develop romantic feelings for them and only after that has happened do I see them as sexually attractive.

Insightful, what kind of ideas/experiences would be interesting enough to be attractive?

Insightful, what kind of ideas/experiences would be interesting enough to be attractive?

That could encompass a lot of different things. My current GF, as an example, exhibited very in depth understanding of physics (more so than my self, though I am but an amateur), philosophy, ethics, history and social sciences. That started my attraction for her. With time, I also discovered other traits, like well developed empathy, compassion, a blatent disregard for conventional "life goals" (such as money, status, etcetera), and a very strong will. That did it for me, I fell in love and hence - developed sexual attraction for her. I remember vividly that I did not feel any sexual attraction towards her the first time we met, but obsessed over her once I fell in love with her.

Would all those things without her being involved in it, not initially but gradually, grow to possibly be of interest to you or does it have to be done prior to meeting you?

Would all those things without her being involved in it, not initially but gradually, grow to possibly be of interest to you or does it have to be done prior to meeting you?

Not sure what you're asking here.

Err, all those things she was interested in, if she didn't have them initially, but grew to be interested in ethics, philo, etc, would you still find her attractive?

Or if that makes sense, if she developed intrerests as you got to know her that she didn't prior to meeting you, could you see yourself attracted to her overtime/gradually?

I have sexual attraction in absence of a relationship, but I don't engage in sex without having a healthy connection with the other person.