Welcome to INTJ Forum

This is a community where INTJs can meet others with similar personalities and discuss a wide variety of both serious and casual topics. If you aren't an INTJ, you're welcome to join anyway if you would like to learn more about this personality type or participate in our discussions. Registration is free and will allow you to post messages, see hidden subforums, customize your account and use other features only available to our members.

Bisclavret

Most common and least common MBTI Type by gender

Based on your experiences so far, what is the most common MBTI types/Temperaments that you've encountered in men and the least common? Likewise, what is the most common types that you've encountered in women and the least common?

Here's an idea (these are my observations actually):

Men

Most common: ST (i.e. ESTP)

Least common: NF (i.e. INFJ)

Women

Most common: SJ (i.e. ESFJ) & SP (i.e. ESFP)

Least common: NT (i.e. INTJ) & ST (i.e. ISTP)

The goal of this exercise is to pick up on trends that you've noticed in regards to prevalence of MBTI functions and personality types by gender. It would be interesting if we discussed, say, why the T dynamic is, at least at first glance, more prevalent in males and the F more prevalent in females. Why the N is so rare on a whole would also be a worthy matter to discuss after you've submitted your observations.

Note: Everything listed herein is anecdotal and not meant to be taken as absolute truth.

Based on experiences alone...

Men

Common - ISTP or ISTJ

Uncommon - INFJ (1)

Women

Common - ISFP

Uncommon - INFJ (1) since I know two INTJ women for some reason.

Here's a table of Estimated Frequencies of the Types in the U.S. that also includes separate male and female frequencies.

The numbers were compiled by the CAPT (owner of the MBTI) and, according to this page, are based on "a variety of MBTI results from 1972 through 2002, including data banks at the Center for Applications of Psychological Type; CPP, Inc; and Stanford Research Institute (SRI)."

Some people say Exxx people because they're louder, but they're not more common.

ISTJ for males, and ISFJ for females apparently based on the article. Personally, I've noticed that females were regularly IxFJ, and males xSTx.