Welcome to INTJ Forum

This is a community where INTJs can meet others with similar personalities and discuss a wide variety of both serious and casual topics. If you aren't an INTJ, you're welcome to join anyway if you would like to learn more about this personality type or participate in our discussions. Registration is free and will allow you to post messages, see hidden subforums, customize your account and use other features only available to our members.

animado

Hello

Hi, thought I'd introduce myself. I'm a 20 year old female INTJ... I'm currently earning my undergrad in music theory, and I hope to one day get my doctorate and be a professor. I only quite recently started researching MBTI stuff, and discovered my INTJ identity. I'm looking forward to using the forum and getting to know you all! :)

Welcome to the forum, I hope you enjoy your time here.

I think you'll find some people here as interesting as yourself....welcome!

New myself....hope to find some type discourse that will keep my brain up and running.

katbird added to this post, 2 minutes and 28 seconds later...

I'm currently earning my undergrad in music theory, and I hope to one day get my doctorate and be a professor.

Good luck, Doctor. Keep the momentum going....

Greets professor-to-be animado.

Jump in, make some posts, we're a friendly bunch around here :)

*prepares mind sapping device* This brain looks juicy :sneaky:

Likewise, my dream is also to be a professor. But for now its academic slave labour, though I haven't much qualms with that. You will find many like-minded people, animado.

Welcome! ;D

Hmm I'm currently vacillating between Biology and Music, but there's still quite a long time before I have to decide. Good luck to you anyways! And out of curiosity, which instrument(s) do you play?

Thanks for the nice welcome, everyone : )

Hmm I'm currently vacillating between Biology and Music, but there's still quite a long time before I have to decide. Good luck to you anyways! And out of curiosity, which instrument(s) do you play?

Nice to see another musician on here! : ) I'm a violist, but can get by on violin, and play piano at about an intermediate level.

What do you play? Biology and music sounds like a lot of work, but I've heard from a lot of professors and musicians that it's a really smart idea to double major in something like bio or a foreign language along with music, just incase the music plans don't work out. So it sounds like you're on the right track : )

Ok, you can use the forum just make sure you put it back where you found it - some folks around here get pretty ticked off when things get messed up.

Hey, I AM a professor... It's the best!

I was a little surprised that an INTJ would be into music as an academic pursuit until I noticed it was not performance music, but music theory. Cool!

Welcome to the forum. Music theory? That sounds like an interesting field of study.

That's awesome, Monte! I can't wait to spend the rest of my life in the academic world :)

Music theory is very intj. It's all about analysis and finding patterns and relationships in the way music is created. It's fun, but a very unpopular major.

That's awesome, Monte! I can't wait to spend the rest of my life in the academic world :)

Music theory is very intj. It's all about analysis and finding patterns and relationships in the way music is created. It's fun, but a very unpopular major.

I was once into conducting to the point I had conflicts with my parents. I remember digging into music theory books. Glad to hear that it is very INTJ, as I plan to take music courses as, at least for sure, electives. :)

Edit: Never mind about my type, I am just poorly role-playing out of temporary boredom.

What do you play? Biology and music sounds like a lot of work, but I've heard from a lot of professors and musicians that it's a really smart idea to double major in something like bio or a foreign language along with music, just incase the music plans don't work out. So it sounds like you're on the right track : )

Oh, I've tried my hand on the violin a few years ago but it didn't work out there. But I'm going for my piano diploma soon, far too soon :scared: Not that good on the clarinet, but it's tolerable, at least. And thanks for the academic advice too :)

Hi animado, welcome to the forum and I envy you, I wish I stayed in school, good luck to you!!!