Welcome to INTJ Forum

This is a community where INTJs can meet others with similar personalities and discuss a wide variety of both serious and casual topics. If you aren't an INTJ, you're welcome to join anyway if you would like to learn more about this personality type or participate in our discussions. Registration is free and will allow you to post messages, see hidden subforums, customize your account and use other features only available to our members.

ShadowX26

Cocky, Overconfident, Sarcastic, Smart Ass

54 posts in this topic

People frequently use these words to describe me. How about the rest of you?

Sarcastic, Cynical, Smart, Genius, Scary (good diction, SongofSeptember), Insensitive, Quiet

Hmm...

Against the context of my forum peers, unusual would probably be the best choice.

Strange, stoic, stubborn, straight, toughtful, closed, close minded, square headed, scary, silent, caustic. Generally people notice my ordered part and think I'm just that.

My behaviour tends to vary depending on whom I am dealing with. As a result, some descriptions are in striking contrasts.

Common (both people who know me well and who don't): stubborn, inflexible, rigid, driven, complex, smart(-ass), pun-loving (NOT fun), organized (heh, my binder is hell well organized) random, loves patterns, reserved, quiet, hard-to-get-to-know, serious, determined, weird, unusual, close-minded (only with the ones who don't have common denominators..)

Ones to whom I opened my mind to describe me as: disorganized, relaxed, leisurely (esp. my parents), last-minute, absent-minded, forgetful, self-doubting, open-minded, inquisitive

Haha, was called these many times when i was a student. Now, I'm slightly more mature and people generally describe me as "confident". I don't think any of the above are uncommon for us.

sir, professor, Mr. Monte, kurios...

... and, of course, "Hey, you...."

My behaviour tends to vary depending on whom I am dealing with. As a result, some descriptions are in striking contrasts.

Common (both people who know me well and who don't): stubborn, inflexible, rigid, driven, complex, smart(-ass), pun-loving (NOT fun), organized (heh, my binder is hell well organized) random, loves patterns, reserved, quiet, hard-to-get-to-know, serious, determined, weird, unusual, close-minded (only with the ones who don't have common denominators..)

Ones to whom I opened my mind to describe me as: disorganized, relaxed, leisurely (esp. my parents), last-minute, absent-minded, forgetful, self-doubting, open-minded, inquisitive

You have just described my favorite INTJ to the letter. :suspicious:

calm, quiet, strange, happy, smart, anti-social

loud, confident, serious, unconventional, intimidating, smart, anti-social.

I am also described as being very quiet, unless I am around close friends. Some people also say that I am boring because I don't take part in their conversations. When someone asks me something I will usually respond with: "I don't know" or "I don't care", because more than half the time I am probably not listening to what they are saying.

People frequently use these words to describe me. How about the rest of you?

Oh yeah. I'm an abrasive, smart ass, dork, weird, unfun, stubborn, arrogant ass. But they love me for it.

I think. :laugh:

kubrickfan added to this post, 3 minutes and 6 seconds later...

When someone asks me something I will usually respond with: "I don't know" or "I don't care", because more than half the time I am probably not listening to what they are saying.

Yeah that's where people call me an ass.

Hmm, the one I get most often is probably callipygian.

To many of the above, I will add private/secretive...word choice depends upon whether they like me or not.

Friends who have known me for years and heard my opinions on a wide range of subjects still claim to know nothing about me. By this, they generally mean that I am too intellectually based and emotionally detached for their taste.

To which I respond....well, duh!

Which distracts them by making them laugh, and circumvents prying. Makes a neat circle.

Sarcastic, smart ass, heartless, souless, anti-social, reserved, snobbish, weirdo, nerd, quiet, a brick wall

The worse thing I have ever been is "such a nice person".

That was uncalled for.

Heck, I call MYSELF a smart ass, proudly. Much better than a dumb ass.

Heck, I call MYSELF a smart ass, proudly. Much better than a dumb ass.

I totally agree with this.

..I don't really get called things or described, but I imagine a few of those could apply to me. The worst thing I was ever called was probably "unoriginal".. (which was only once)

Other than that, I just get weird.

..I don't really get called things or described, but I imagine a few of those could apply to me. The worst thing I was ever called was probably "unoriginal".. (which was only once)

I would hate being called unorginal. That jerk.

supercalifragilisticexpialadocious

I hear it every day.

Aloof

Calm

Rational

Intelligent

Cold (I don't think I'm cold. I'm told that the most.)

Direct

Enigma

Snob

Untouchable

Proud, obnoxious, smart-ass, quiet, dark, strange, odd, rushed, confident, unique, wise, quiet, stubborn...

I get brash/arrogant rather than overconfident, which is appropriate. I also often get: thoughtful, reserved, intense, eccentric, cold, intimidating, too serious.

Oops I forgot "judgmental". Huge. Also "intelligent" or variations of that.

Only thing I get are hints of being a loner and constant thinker, iconoclast, stubborn, odd, great ego, mysterious, evasive, theoretical, arrogant, lost in time, emotionless, calm, silent, closed, remote, out of my mind, unconventional, cynical. I usually thank them for pointing out the obvious.

I don't get direct answers often since everybody are too scared to say anything. :devilish:

When I occasionally make a mistake to become too friendly (drunk) they really start to throw insults into my face: charming... it would only took 20 seconds of silence and deadly serious eye-contact for them to run into dark corner. But usually I am to drunk (=nice) to do such a thing. :(