Welcome to INTJ Forum

This is a community where INTJs can meet others with similar personalities and discuss a wide variety of both serious and casual topics. If you aren't an INTJ, you're welcome to join anyway if you would like to learn more about this personality type or participate in our discussions. Registration is free and will allow you to post messages, see hidden subforums, customize your account and use other features only available to our members.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MsUnderstood

Hello everyone - it's wonderful to be here!

Greetings everyone - I'm home!

I found this site via www.intjcentral.com - which I found by accident when trawling the internet looking for some explanation and purpose to my life.

I'm feeling quite lost at the moment, I feel very misunderstood and thought I would try and find out more about us INTJ's to help me understand myself - I didn't realise that, relatively speaking, there were so few of us. That would explain why most people seem not to know how to relate to me - unless I really am just a reclusive, sarcastic, opinionated weirdo.

What a breath of fresh air it is to have discovered these sites today - I am not alone - hurrah!

I think I am a kind and caring person (if a little, ok very, impatient at times), but I was recently told that I am unapproachable and confrontational, which is certainly not intentional on my part. I'm interested to know if any of you have experienced problems with relationships with colleagues/friends etc and being misunderstood. It seems as though the person I think I am is not what is coming accross to others - either they don't or can't understand me and it's making me question myself and the type of person I am.

Is it me, or is 98% the world full of shallow, overly-passive wimps that cannot assert themselves and are happy to 'make do' in life, or am I just an agressive, frustrated, over-the-top perfectionist?

statistically, more like 76.312%

but we make the top 23.798%, which is actually the better half anyways

well, welcome

Is it me, or is 98% the world full of shallow, overly-passive wimps that cannot assert themselves and are happy to 'make do' in life, or am I just an agressive, frustrated, over-the-top perfectionist?

Enneagram 1? Have a good time. :)

Welcome to the board! I have not been called confrontational because I am not much on confrontation especially when I am out of control of it. Though I can relate to being called unapproachable. Two of my co-workers who have been ganging up on me for months at my job and say I am gloomy and unapproachable. I am actually just introverted. They also called me overemotional. I guess they don't recognize frustration from being a crybaby. I certainly am not overemotional. I thought this was funny considering one is a drama queen and completely shallow and the other one is bitter and single and does mind talking bad about the people she calls her friends behind their backs.

Wow - thanks for your replies.

Ooooh, I love statistics. I seem to be in a minority though, as everyone on the forum so far seems to be pretty smart by my standards. Is it possible that I can still be a real INTJ without college smarts?

I had wondered what an Enneagram was, I had only heard the term today for the first time. I shall investigate that with interest - much appreciated sriv.

Thank you too, replicant. I have first hand experience of staff ganging up on me, in most of my jobs actually. I am quite open to the fact that I may need to reflect on the way I am, but can someone give a girl a break and actually tell her the problem? I long for the day when someone can approach me with some honest, well constructed feedback, rather than a frustrated uncontrolled rant. If only someone would reach down deep, grab hold of their preverbials and actually approach me, they would see that I cam be a perfectly reasonable and dare I say it, nice person.

sriv - I think you may have been spot-on with your diagnosis.

sriv - I think you may have been spot-on with your diagnosis.

The paragraph I quoted earlier was THE description of enneagram 1. Lol, I couldn't have missed it. :cheesy:

What can I say? I'm an open book - but people dont often bother to read the fine print :smart:

Ahahahaha. OMG. I was just reading intjcentral.com and was laughing out loud (in my head). ;D

Ahahahaha. OMG. I was just reading intjcentral.com and was laughing out loud (in my head). ;D

It is great isn't it! I had been feeling really down and confused and when I read it I literally did scream for joy and laugh out loud.

And that all lead me here... hallelujah!

Love your avatar. It looks like you sound.

Does it really? Fabulous! Thanks ;D

Nothing wrong with being a reclusive, sarcastic, opinionated weirdo, kinda just makes you one of the gang around here ;D

Welcome superwoman.

Welcome home. I'm new too and all of the above you described. I feel like I already know you.

Nope...it's not you!

Welcome.