Welcome to INTJ Forum

This is a community where INTJs can meet others with similar personalities and discuss a wide variety of both serious and casual topics. If you aren't an INTJ, you're welcome to join anyway if you would like to learn more about this personality type or participate in our discussions. Registration is free and will allow you to post messages, see hidden subforums, customize your account and use other features only available to our members.

iuniperus

Fictional INFPs

33 posts in this topic

I know Remus Lupin is an INFP. I'm thinking Tess from Tess of the D'ubervilles possibly could be one... Can anybody think of anymore?

My favorite fictional INFP is Calvin from Calvin and Hobbes.

I'd wager that Snow White and most other Disney princesses onward are INFPs, along with Luke Skywalker.

I'd wager that Snow White and most other Disney princesses onward are INFPs, along with Luke Skywalker.

If so, very idealized INFPs...

The Disney Princesses always annoy me as they're too sickly sweet and there seems to be nothing to them. ^^

My favorite book is "The Idiot" by Dostoevsky part because I felt to identify so much with Prince Myshkin. When I was introduced to typology and I read about the suggested fictional INFPs I was surprised I did not find his name.

Michael Jackson

Ewww! :yuck:

I think we may have covered this already somewhere? I would add:

- Anne of Greene Gables

- Emily of New Moon

- (Most other L.M. Montgomery heroines)

- Beth, from Little Women?

- Kathleen Kelly, Meg Ryan's character in You've Got Mail?

- Evan Taylor/August Rush, Freddie Highmore's character in August Rush?

- Sabrina Fairchild, from Sabrina (Either Audrey Hepburn or Julia Ormond)

- Kate, from LOST?

What about Peter Parker/Spider-Man? I'd say he's more likely an INFP than INTP; he's very values-oriented.

And has anyone ever seen the movie May? I'd say the title character is an INFP (with INFJ as a second).

J.D. from Scrubs.

Also, I don't think Remus Lupin's an INFP. He's a planner.

Amélie? She could easily be INFP.

Definently NFP. Don't know about the I, as her energy is directed outward.

I think that Lupin is an INTJ not not an INFP as some suggest. He uses his head. He doesnt let fear i.e emotions rule him. He's also a planner and makes quick decisions..he doesn't leave things open ended. Do you agree with me?

Edited by JustThinking

Luke is more ISFP, but yeah Belle from Beauty and the Beast is most definitely INFP.

For a realistic portrayal as opposed to a contrived stereotype, Tim (Martin Freeman) from The (UK) Office.

Edited by davai

My favorite book is "The Idiot" by Dostoevsky part because I felt to identify so much with Prince Myshkin. When I was introduced to typology and I read about the suggested fictional INFPs I was surprised I did not find his name.

Myshkin is an alter-ego of the author, who is an INFJ. They often posses a messiah complex.

I think that Lupin is an INTJ not not an INFP as some suggest. He uses his head. He doesnt let fear i.e emotions rule him. He's also a planner and makes quick decisions..he doesn't leave things open ended. Do you agree with me?

He is an INFJ because he acts as a counselor to people and guides them. Since he's people-oriented, he is a feeler type.

Amélie? She could easily be INFP.

INFJ.

Edited by Cryann

Ewww! :yuck:

I think we may have covered this already somewhere? I would add:

- Anne of Greene Gables

- Emily of New Moon

- (Most other L.M. Montgomery heroines)

- Beth, from Little Women?

- Kathleen Kelly, Meg Ryan's character in You've Got Mail?

- Evan Taylor/August Rush, Freddie Highmore's character in August Rush?

- Sabrina Fairchild, from Sabrina (Either Audrey Hepburn or Julia Ormond)

- Kate, from LOST?

Good list. Kate from Lost is ISFP, though. Classic SP, reckless and having to be in on all the action.

Edited by BobbitSneazer

From TV, Raj from The Big Bang Theory and Beth from The Walking Dead both seem like INFPs to me.