Welcome to INTJ Forum

This is a community where INTJs can meet others with similar personalities and discuss a wide variety of both serious and casual topics. If you aren't an INTJ, you're welcome to join anyway if you would like to learn more about this personality type or participate in our discussions. Registration is free and will allow you to post messages, see hidden subforums, customize your account and use other features only available to our members.

Luciferus

Masturbation

77 posts in this topic

Which function does masturbation satisfy? (I'm assuming Se?)

I've been doing it almost every day since I was 12 years old (mid-20's male now) so I wonder because Se should be like non-existent in INTJ's during first 20 years of life?

I don't think masturbation has anything to do with the cognitive functions.

If i had to guess, its just a chemistry type thing.

Seems a bit lower level (no pun intended) than the cognitive functions.

Se is not just satisfied by sex...it's satisfied by skilled manipulation of the physical world. Sex is included in that too, I'm sure. But it's hardly the "sex function." Can you really even call masturbation "skilled," anyway?

Se is not just satisfied by sex...it's satisfied by skilled manipulation of the physical world. Sex is included in that too, I'm sure. But it's hardly the "sex function." Can you really even call masturbation "skilled," anyway?

For women, yeah (sometimes).

It definitely doesn't satisfy any function I have the need to satisfy, because I've never done it (and never felt the slightest desire to). Of course, while I'm not asexual, I'm definitely a lot less sexual than most males.

Can you really even call masturbation "skilled," anyway?

Certainly. Your quality of experience will improve by learning (or unlearning) technique.

The functions have to do with cognition, not drives. What function does eating satisfy? That said, an Se-preference stereotype is enjoying interaction with the world more (because preferring to gather details can lead to preferring to get physical more), so in theory Se-dominants could be more likely to work to satisfy their libidos.

INTJs are more likely, perhaps, to want to suppress their drives, because we are very practically oriented. But masturbation being ubiquitous, this preference is not very important.

It sounds as though it has become more habit than anything else for you.

It's best not to shun such urges when I'm in a funk.

As Socrates said: "when in a funk, it is time to get funkee".

everybody likes to masturbate, so you can't reasonably try to pin it to any one function. if that were possible, then certain types would be hyper-horny and others would be hypo-horny, and that isn't the case. does not compute.

Gotta clean the pipes!

I'd meant to ask about this, actually. Guys, when you go for a while without masturbating, do you start to feel it physically? Someone described to me as "feeling like [your] head is about to explode any minute."

I'd meant to ask about this, actually. Guys, when you go for a while without masturbating, do you start to feel it physically?

Absolutely; if I go a while without masturbation or sex, I become high strung and irritable.

Guys, when you go for a while without masturbating, do you start to feel it physically?

I believe it's called semen poisoning. And no, I don't think it has much to do with Se.

I believe it's called semen poisoning. And no, I don't think it has much to do with Se.

DSB... Dreaded Semen Back-up... avoid at all costs...!

I'd meant to ask about this, actually. Guys, when you go for a while without masturbating, do you start to feel it physically? Someone described to me as "feeling like [your] head is about to explode any minute."

Seeing as I never have, and I'm a virgin, this cannot be an overarching statement. IMO it's just used either by guys who want to have an excuse for an addiction/mindless pleasure. If you're addicted to something and then you suddenly don't have it, you feel pretty bad, yes. Or you could just avoid the addiction entirely and focus on something that gives you long-term pleasure and fulfillment, rather than wasting time on the short-term.

I never really notice any physiological changes if I forget to whack for a while, but then again I'm one that can forget to whack for awhile. If you get withdrawals perhaps you have developed a psychological addiction to the whack.

Seeing as I never have, and I'm a virgin, this cannot be an overarching statement. IMO it's just used either by guys who want to have an excuse for an addiction/mindless pleasure. If you're addicted to something and then you suddenly don't have it, you feel pretty bad, yes. Or you could just avoid the addiction entirely and focus on something that gives you long-term pleasure and fulfillment, rather than wasting time on the short-term.

Perhaps the reason you feel this way has to do with semen poisoning? I doubt that your schedule is so tight that masturbation is getting in the way of your plans for long-term pleasure. Actually, I am genuinely curious now as to what it is that you are striving so hard to have that you don't even have time to spank the monkey.. Should I start now or is it too late?

OH. And do you ever have wet dreams? Those could be a huge time saver because you can "clean your pipes" in your sleep! That way you can spend all of your time on LONG-term fulfillment without having to even worry about semen poisoning. Although you may spend an awful lot of time changing your bedsheets. I suppose you could just stick your junk in a baggy every night. :idea: It would be a necessary precaution.

We may be on to something... :cheesy:

Edited by cannotseethe
removed flaming/trolling (rule 1)