Welcome to INTJ Forum

This is a community where INTJs can meet others with similar personalities and discuss a wide variety of both serious and casual topics. If you aren't an INTJ, you're welcome to join anyway if you would like to learn more about this personality type or participate in our discussions. Registration is free and will allow you to post messages, see hidden subforums, customize your account and use other features only available to our members.

elegantlyme

INTJ Music

Is there any kind of music that you feel really fits this personality, or even certain songs that seem to really encompass the charteristics of an INTJ?

i'm in a dark electronica phase? bear in heaven is really sounding good to me these days.

It might just be me, but Psychedelic Rock seems to fit very well into how I, personally, think and feel. Its ordered, musically, but sounds so odd and distant in a way.

No. Due to age differences of INTJ, I think that would be impossible.

Is there any kind of music that you feel really fits this personality, or even certain songs that seem to really encompass the charteristics of an INTJ?

I don't think there's a particular genre that fits the type necessarily, but generally speaking music which is very abstract and rhythmically complex seems fitting.

I detest the notion of genre as anything other than a categorization system. I would think the ideal INTJ music would be anything that can be analyzed, or is worth the effort of analysis. I can't claim to be qualified to analyze music to any serious depth, but what is the point in listening to something if it doesn't make you think? Anyway, songs that sound formulaic, and artists that are pandering to the masses don't do much for me.

Oh, Boléro is great fun. The right recording & environment and it can really sneak up on you. I have an LSO performance that routinely catches me off guard in my car. :) On the opposite end of the spectrum (devastating surprise) - would be this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2KT8bJoIRHM&feature=related

Uhmm I'd be surprised if there is an INTJ-genre, but for the record I'm very fond of 70s and 80s rock.

Oh, both silicon212 and runrabbitrun linked to classical music, so I'll do the same.

I heard this from TV http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xir-5oAWxXE&feature=related

and I can't stop listening to the last part (06:45 - ...). Normally I don't listen to this type of music but this one is mesmerising I think.

Edit: I've not typed myself as INTJ (see profile) so exclude me from your survey. :)

Uhmm I'd be surprised if there is an INTJ-genre, but for the record I'm very fond of 70s and 80s rock.

Oh, both silicon212 and runrabbitrun linked to classical music, so I'll do the same.

I heard this from TV http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xir-5oAWxXE&feature=related

and I can't stop listening to the last part (06:45 - ...). Normally I don't listen to this type of music but this one is mesmerising I think.

Edit: I've not typed myself as INTJ (see profile) so exclude me from your survey. :)

I like 70s and 80s rock as well, that's what I spend most of my time listening to. Songs I really like include (but in no way are limited to):

Jacob's Ladder / Huey Lewis

Night Owls / Little River Band

The Flyer / Saga

Too Much Time on my Hands / Styx

Almost all ELO

Why Me / Planet P Project

this one

All INTJs listen exclusively to The Who's "My Generation" on a loop.

I like 70s and 80s rock as well, that's what I spend most of my time listening to. Songs I really like include (but in no way are limited to):

Jacob's Ladder / Huey Lewis

Night Owls / Little River Band

The Flyer / Saga

Too Much Time on my Hands / Styx

Almost all ELO

Why Me / Planet P Project

this one

I especially liked "Night Owls", and the one @ Youtube was great! The rest was definitely okey, but I prefer a bit more "rock". :)

My all-time favourite band is Dire Straits.

(Tunnel of Love. Live '86)

(Down to the Waterline. Live '79)

(Single Handed Sailor. Live '79)

Those are probably my top 3 Dire Straits's songs.

My music preferences include everything from groove and psychedelic rock to classic rock, hard rock and any form of genre that can be classified as "Metal" from Heavy to Black to Death ;)

When I'm not listening to those I particularly love certain genres of Electronic dance music. My favorites would be Hardstyle and Trance. Gotta love the Boom Boom Bass.

....Sorabji, Bartok, Sibelius, Satie, Shostakovich, G. Gould & Elaine Comparone?

....Walker Brothers, B. Eno, Harold Budd, Fred Frith, Morricone & A. Corelli?

....Coldworld, Burzum, Joy Div., Gang of Four, Clash & Talk Talk?

I really don't know, having wasted a vast portion of my life's limited time listening to years worth of music, I have never found music in my talents (Gardner et al.); so one becomes relegated to the status of a vagrant listener, commercial unit, a post-battle ear sliced from a counted body, or a poetaster only worthy of aesthetic derogation.

I do respect and value the Western musical tradition, however. Music, at the level of my experience of the predicament of INTJ type personality tendencies, is of one that is primarily interesting as a cultural category in textual theoretical treatments.

In recent years, I have deprioritized my time in the space of music under the influence of Gardner's theory of intelligences. Although the associative motivation of ambient distractions is gone, a refreshing focus and intensity returns to other more nascent aptitudes.