Welcome to INTJ Forum

This is a community where INTJs can meet others with similar personalities and discuss a wide variety of both serious and casual topics. If you aren't an INTJ, you're welcome to join anyway if you would like to learn more about this personality type or participate in our discussions. Registration is free and will allow you to post messages, see hidden subforums, customize your account and use other features only available to our members.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dorkymagentle

i just saw avatar for the second time and decided i would do a type analysis of the characters! heeeheeeee

jake sully - intj

the spiritual leader lady (enfj or infj, we don't see enough of her to tell) says to him 'we try to teach the skypeople, but it is hard to fill a cup which is already full" and he says "I assure you that my cup is empty"

also, the Na'vi language has the word 'see' to have the connotation of meaning not only see but to understand, which is like intuition, and he learns the forest ways very fast.

and everyone keeps telling him he wasn't trained and he couldn't do it, but he went and got lost in the forest and figured his way out.

his blue cat girlfriend - isfp

she has the competitive nature and shyness and earthiness. intj-isfp is relation of activation accorting to socionics.com, so it would make sense for them to fall in love very fast.

the war guy with the scar on his head - entj

plant scientist - entp

cool pilot girl - estp

norm(na'vi nerd) - istj

brown haired guy who gives orders and <3z unobtainium (lol that name!) - estj

navi warrior who always wants to kill jake sully - istp

Interesting analysis.

I just somehow dont think Jake is an INTJ. Or, if he is, it isnt how his character is "supposed" to be, being a Marine and all.

Or perhaps Im seeing the INTJ's on a different manner. He did seem more militant than calm/judging, for me. And more like a "feeling" type, doing a lot of things on the spur of the moment, without some advance planning.

I'd call Jake ISTP, maybe xSTP even. I agree that his girlfriend is ISFP.

Note that socionics is altogether separate from MBTI, and has significantly different theories from it. The INTJ is MBTI is closest to the INTp in socionics, for example. So don't rely on it for MBTI arguments.

Jake seems more INFX to me. An INTJ might be single-minded in his goal to accomplish the mission, everything else be damned. Jake does not strike me as that type.

i just saw avatar for the second time and decided i would do a type analysis of the characters! heeeheeeee

jake sully - intj

the spiritual leader lady (enfj or infj, we don't see enough of her to tell) says to him 'we try to teach the skypeople, but it is hard to fill a cup which is already full" and he says "I assure you that my cup is empty"

also, the Na'vi language has the word 'see' to have the connotation of meaning not only see but to understand, which is like intuition, and he learns the forest ways very fast.

and everyone keeps telling him he wasn't trained and he couldn't do it, but he went and got lost in the forest and figured his way out.

his blue cat girlfriend - isfp

she has the competitive nature and shyness and earthiness. intj-isfp is relation of activation accorting to socionics.com, so it would make sense for them to fall in love very fast.

the war guy with the scar on his head - entj

plant scientist - entp

cool pilot girl - estp

norm(na'vi nerd) - istj

brown haired guy who gives orders and <3z unobtainium (lol that name!) - estj

navi warrior who always wants to kill jake sully - istp

I didn't see anything to make me suspect he's intuitive, and if you really think an INTJ would make jokes about how stupid they are, then you haven't been around here long enough. :p

I would type Sully as an xSTP, not sure whether he'd be an E or an I. The only character in the movie that even remotely strikes me as an INTJ is the corporate manager in charge of the operation, that gets deported at the end.

Characters have to have depth to be able to even begin to try to type, and there was no depth to this movie.

I'd call Jake ISTP, maybe xSTP even. I agree that his girlfriend is ISFP.

Note that socionics is altogether separate from MBTI, and has significantly different theories from it. The INTJ is MBTI is closest to the INTp in socionics, for example. So don't rely on it for MBTI arguments.

well, socionics is a different thing, but it does analyze the mbti types. i don;t think that all of their archetypal relations work the same pattern for each type, but i have seen two intj isfp couples, in all my time of thinking about mbti, who were truly on fire.

---------- Post added 01-07-2010 at 03:24 PM ----------

yeah, there really wasn't much depth. but i like how this movie (along with wall-e) functions as a way to teach (brainwash? :P) kids to be environmentalists and to value native cultures and not to be greedy people who will blow stuff up to obtain unobtainium!

yeah, there really wasn't much depth. but i like how this movie (along with wall-e) functions as a way to teach (brainwash? :P) kids to be environmentalists and to value native cultures and not to be greedy people who will blow stuff up to obtain unobtainium!

Ohhh..how we killed our green mother. Earth was a complete paradise before those crazy agriculturists got tired of starving to death...

Is it called 'unobtainium' because the humans were 'unoble' to 'obtain' it?

(You saw the movie twice and were unable to remember the names of the characters?)

well, socionics is a different thing, but it does analyze the mbti types. i don;t think that all of their archetypal relations work the same pattern for each type, but i have seen two intj isfp couples, in all my time of thinking about mbti, who were truly on fire.

No, it really doesn't. Socionics is a completely different theory that just happens to have similar words.

I liked their blue skins, their bones made of carbon fiber, their "matrix plugs" and, obviously, their tails!

I wonder why not all humans would want to go to pandora and become one of the na'vi, haha.

Is anyone else tired of seeing every random fictional character or historical figure with even the remotest admirable quality being called an INTJ (as only INTJs have positive qualities, after all) even when they do not bear the slightest resemblence to an INTJ archetype?

Is anyone else tired of seeing every random fictional character or historical figure with even the remotest admirable quality being called an INTJ (as only INTJs have positive qualities, after all) even when they do not bear the slightest resemblence to an INTJ archetype?

I know one-liner agreement is supposed to be in rep comments, but this is relevant to to the thread I think:

Yes.

Weird thing in this case is that it came from an xNFP, not an INTJ.

Seconded. Its excusable to be a letter off, though.

Jake Sully is ISTP, though. He took a looooong process to change his loyalties. But Ni is tertiary. It took him three months to realize that the Na'vi didn't want beer or blue jeans.

---------- Post added 01-07-2010 at 05:54 PM ----------

I wonder why not all humans would want to go to pandora and become one of the na'vi, haha.

I was wondering what the heck was in the other parts of the galaxy that were so interesting that no one paid attention to humanoid intelligent life.

I was wondering what the heck was in the other parts of the galaxy that were so interesting that no one paid attention to humanoid intelligent life.

Other humanoid intelligent life?