Welcome to INTJ Forum

This is a community where INTJs can meet others with similar personalities and discuss a wide variety of both serious and casual topics. If you aren't an INTJ, you're welcome to join anyway if you would like to learn more about this personality type or participate in our discussions. Registration is free and will allow you to post messages, see hidden subforums, customize your account and use other features only available to our members.

Malkavia

Fictional characters you are in love with

418 posts in this topic

I saw the opposite thread so I decided to make this one!

What are some characters you truly adore in fiction? Film, Gaming, Books, it doesn't matter.

Recently I've played the game Dragon Age and fallen in love with one of the characters (Alistair). The part is well voiced and I like his script.

I also have a strange obsession with Bellatrix from the Harry Potter series.

From Dragon Age I like Leilandra the best. An idealist who believes in the power of stories to change human beings makes me soften my cold, rational heart.

I don't like anyone from Harry Potter except for Dumbledore.

I like Guts from Berserk. I'm jealous that he gets to feel emotion so intensely and lives just beyond the grasp of the reach of Fate.

I like Kenpachi Zaraki from Bleach.

I enjoy and identify with most mad scientists. I like Klaus von Wulfenbach from Girl Genius, R. A. Rotwang from Metropolis, Herbert West from Reanimator.

I like Kenpachi Zaraki from Bleach.

I like Zaraki, Byakua, and non-pussy Ichigo.

Zaraki is a bit frustrating though...theoretically, if he would just take off the stupid eye patch and learn to use his sword (by that I mean shikai and bankai), the series would have been over hundreds of episodes ago. In fact, Soul Society and Hueco Mundo would probably cease to exist.

Don Vito Corleone (The Godfather I & II, film and novel)

Terry Malloy (On the Waterfront)

Pop Doyle (On The Waterfront)

Atticus Finch (To Kill a Mockingbird, film and novel)

Scout Finch (To Kill a Mockingbird, film and novel)

Dill Harris (To Kill a Mockingbird, film and novel)

Cordelia (King Lear)

Cal Lightman (Lie To Me)

Johnny Sacrimoni (The Sopranos)

Micahel Vronsky (The Deer Hunter)

Will Smith (The Fresh Prince of Bel Air)

Phil Banks (The Fresh Prince of Bel Air)

Hillary Banks (The Fresh Prince of Bel Air)

1.Pam (the office)

Runners up:

Dr. Cameron (House) -Her attraction to Dr. Chase is a turn-off

Monica (friends)- I really hate this show, but Courtney Cox is damn hot, and I like the quirkiness of the character; being an OCD clean freak earns serious brownie points.

Several characters from Harry Potter.

...Eh, can't think of any others.

Sawyer - Lost

Gil Grissam - CSI

Captain Jack Sparrow - Pirates of the Carribean

Dexter - ....well, Dexter

Niles Krane - Frasier

Charlie Harper - Two & a Half Men (he constantly cracks me up - but I'd hate to date him!)

John Bender - The Breakfast Club

:)

I don't watch a whole lot of TV, but Dean Winchester and Sawyer from Lost, are definitely at the top of the list.

Batman (The Dark Knight, Batman the Animated Series, Batman Year One, The Long Halloween, etc.)

Boba Fett (Star Wars Universe)

Andrew Ryan (BioShock)

There are a bunch from different anime series, but I can't think of them at the moment.

Joker and Two Face from The Dark Knight as well.

Edit: Oh, and GLaDOS and Companion Cube from Portal!

Edited by ConstableCuddle

1. Darth Vader
  2. The Terminator
  3. The Borg
  4. Sauron
  5. The Daleks
  6. James Bond Villains

Has anyone noticed that Hollywood tends to demonize logical-analytical thinking? Is this a pro-emotion campaign of some kind where the intellect must be made into an enemy? I'm not sure I get it.

When I was 14 years old I was in love with a HP character for almost two years. It's very embarrsing to look back at that period of my life. I aren't in love with him anymore and I don't understand why I ever was. It was Remus Lupin, lol. I think I thought he was so nice, serious, quietely and just a good company for me. He probably was...

Now I'm in love with several historical figures. I don't think they really count for this topic, but I know them from a fiction book about them. Let's say my avatar is one of them and his boyfriend the other. :laugh: I first read about them in a fiction book by Floortje Zwigtman, lol. Very nice books about a homosexual boy in the Victorian era., though they're only in dutch, german and I think swedish.

Nice love life do I have, don't you think so? Actually it's very sad, desperate, futureless and just impossible. :laugh:

Edit: Oh, how could I forget... I am or was (I don't know actually) also in love with Lestat de Lioncourt from the Vampire Chronicles by Anne Rice. The books I mean, not the movies! And I also like Marius and Armand, but I don't think I'm in love with them.

R. Daneel Olivaw (The Robot Novels by Isaac Asimov)

Dr. Gregory House/Dr. Perry Cox (similar enough that I could go with either)

Sherlock Holmes

Kryton (Red Dwarf)

Ra's al Guhl (Batman Begins and Batman: The Animated Series)

HK-47 (Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic)

And since I love Star Trek so much, I'll just give it its own section:

Data (TNG)

Odo (DS9)

Spock (TOS)

Worf (TNG)

I love Michiru Kaioh in Sailormoon, but more as an idol or someone that I relate to

her relationship with Haruka..

also Hotaru Tomoe (Saturn)

Both Michiru and Hotaru are very stylish ;-)

a tiny bit of Ami

I also like Nuuskamuikkunen and Fillyjonk in Tove Jansson's Moomintroll stories (Moominvalley in November). Maybe even Mymble

Mr. Tod by Beatrix Potter

Maetel in Galaxy Express 999

and not a specific character but the quintessential 'woman' /spirit seen through all of the collected works of designers Yohji Yamamoto, Marni and Sonia Rykiel.

Good question... I have a man-crush on Lucas Davenport from John Sandford's novels, I love the concept behind Layla Miller from the X-Factor comics, and Jadzia Dax of the Star Trek: Deep Space 9 fame will always remain my favorite female character...

Edited to add: The Mayor and Willow from Buffy the Vampire Slayer; Lorne from Angel.

Edited by Night Runner

I have a big, massive girl crush on Mrs Coulter from Philip Pullman's His Dark Materials trilogy; and also on Madame Merle from Henry James' the Portrait of a Lady.

As far as the boys go... I've always had a soft spot for Harry Haller (Steppenwolf).

Artemis Fowl. His intellect and his uncanny ability to predict outcomes and those blazers he wears. It's completely swoon-worthy.

1. Batman (Any batman Character Voiced by Kevin Conroy or Written by Jeph Loeb)

2. Javert (Les Miserables)

3. Dr. Cox (Scrubs, he makes me feel happy inside, and is possibly more emotionally screwed up then me :))

4. Mal Reynolds (From the show Firefly and movie Serenity)

5. Lord Goring (From Oscar Wilde's and Ideal Husband)

6. Jim from the Office

7. The Man with No Name (Clint Eastwood Trilogy)

8. Major Richard Winters (Band of Brothers, he's a personal hero of mine but I like the way Damien Lewis portrayed him in the mini-series.)

I have a big crush on Ceily Booth from "Bones". Also, I have a thing for Dr. House, and Chase from "House". I like Chuck Bass from "Gossip Girl" also Blair Waldorf. Also The Mentalist guy, Patrick Jane.

From books, Severus Snape (I'm not sure if I like the real one or Alan Rickman from the movie, better), Ben from the Ellie Haskell Mysteries, Gilbert Sullivan from Ann of Green Gables, and I LOVE Artimus Fowl! I'm always a fan of a mean/hero- type.

Artemis Fowl. His intellect and his uncanny ability to predict outcomes and those blazers he wears. It's completely swoon-worthy.

Good taste! I also like Arty very much, though I think I like Foaly more, because of his sarcasm and intelligence.

Severus Snape is also a very nice character. :) I think he's really brilliant.

I have this list of fictional characters/historical persons I liked on my wall. As a kid, I would hold them up as heroes I looked up to with the idea that just 'cause they're fictional/dead doesn't mean they are any less admirable.

one would be Lelouch Lamperouge

Fenchurch from Hitchiker's Guide to the Galaxy (fourth book)

River Tam from Firefly series/Serenity

man crush on Mr. Darcy (as played by Colin Firth)

Fictional characters:

TV: There can be no other choice, Xena and her "friend" Gabrielle..can you say medieval ménage à trois?

Book character: Ender

Movie character(s?): Geena Davis as Samantha Caine/Charly Baltimore in The Long Kiss Goodnight