Welcome to INTJ Forum

This is a community where INTJs can meet others with similar personalities and discuss a wide variety of both serious and casual topics. If you aren't an INTJ, you're welcome to join anyway if you would like to learn more about this personality type or participate in our discussions. Registration is free and will allow you to post messages, see hidden subforums, customize your account and use other features only available to our members.

insane

Do MBTI types affect depression?

I am an ITSJ who is currently going through some dramatic events, which do have me depressed. I have noticed (within myself) that any compliments received at the moment are not taken at face value, rather they are critically analysed. Is this typical of ITSJs, or is this extended onto other Myers-Briggs personality types?

INTP- nit pick to death...then explains in detail....over and over again....INTJ's will want to be shot then to deal with all that....don't take others opinions seriously....

so if this way when stressed then you are prob an ISFJ.....

Depression affects type more than type affects depression. Types will express it differently, and depression/stress typically lead people into their shadow types. Shadow types have been discussed several times, and I'd link you if I weren't feeling lazy. Try a search and feel free to PM me if you need help finding the threads.

could you be so kind as to link me? Shadow types sound like an intersting theory

That information was alot of help, and answered my initial question. Cheers!