Welcome to INTJ Forum

This is a community where INTJs can meet others with similar personalities and discuss a wide variety of both serious and casual topics. If you aren't an INTJ, you're welcome to join anyway if you would like to learn more about this personality type or participate in our discussions. Registration is free and will allow you to post messages, see hidden subforums, customize your account and use other features only available to our members.

sbella

INTJs & Fictional Characters

146 posts in this topic

I typically fall in love with my exact opposites. The warm, kind & affectionate characters. Those "healers"; characters so ready to appear fragile, vivid or alive. Vibrantly weak at times, yet they seem to manage whatever life throws at them, sharing their strength with others no questions asked. They give me... fuzzy feelings? It's as if I have this need to console them.

Except, I am not sure how I would handle them in real life. Weakness annoys me. I like to see reality as it is, and I don't understand people who live their lives constantly sacrificing themselves for others.

At the same time I would like to meet such a person.

Perhaps fiction really is the only place I can actually accept someone like that existing. Strange and confusing as it all sounds.

What type of fictional characters are you usually drawn to & for what reasons? This includes books, TV-series, movies, videogames etc.

Second question, for fun:

What characters do you feel posses INTJ traits?

In films/fiction I go for the bizarre, weird, absurd, twisted, extraordinary: bad boys, artists, brilliant autistic professors, villains, pyromaniacs with a sensitive streak, messed-up rockstars...anything out of the ordinary, basically. Why? I don't really want to go there. :p

Not so much in real life, though I do have a thing for P.

meredith grey. grey's anatomy... I think for the same reasons you metioned. its the fragile thing. I find the same thing in real life too. I also have a strange attration to girls who already have a boyfriend... I think I believe their boyfriends arent good enough, and I am. kind of James Bond actually. lol.

I usually love the sarcastic, slightly bastardly characters that aren't truly evil, but aren't warm and fluffy on the outside either.

Usually I like characters that have weird backgrounds or behaviour. Makes them kind of special

I usually love the sarcastic, slightly bastardly characters that aren't truly evil, but aren't warm and fluffy on the outside either.

Han Solo? lol. I love these characters as well, but I've never really 'hit it off' with Solo. I like villains too. Strangely, I'm drawn to characters like the young Tom Riddle and Gabriel Grey. I love Luke as well. He makes me want to give him a hug.

What type of fictional characters are you usually drawn to & for what reasons? This includes books, TV-series, movies, videogames etc.

I like the witty characters who uses irony, puns and sarcasm. They aren't that nice, but deep down there's a heart of gold. I like villains as well, but I probably wouldn't like them in real life. I love those with a 'cute' personality. Like I said before, Luke Skywalker. He's just so innocent sometimes.

Hannibal Lecter, Voldemort, Mr. Darcy, Emperor Palpatine, Stewie Griffin um... I'm sure there's a lot more. Can't think right now.

Everybody on this forum should read Catch-22. I love every character in that book, because they all add to the madness and intensity of the story.

Yossarian is my favorite though, and i'm pretty positive he's INTJ (although he has a strong internal F) He's the sarcastic, clear minded center of a military camp full of insanity.

Ditto to the "cold outside, warm heart" types.

Second question, for fun:

Juan Cabrillo - Clive Cussler's Skeleton Coast. Every time I read that book, I think just how much like an INTJ he is. Plus, he is captain of a high-tech, heavily armed ship of freelance covert operatives . . . How cool is that!?!?!?!?

I like Miranda in Sex and the City. She's strong, sassy, independent, maybe a little judgmental at times, but she knows she's smart and competent and isn't about to let some bogus sentimentalism or stupid societal rules dictate otherwise.

One character I identified with a lot was the narrator in the novel "We need to talk about Kevin". anyone ever read it? I was torn between objectively recognizing her as an unsympathetic person, and subjectively identifying with her so much that it made me a bit uncomfortable in retrospect. (Except for the part where she has a kid who shoots up his school... thankfully I don't... though it probably helped reinforce my lack of desire to have kids).

I also adore most of the characters from The West Wing, but in particular, Josh Lyman and CJ Cregg.

I love the atypical heroes, the more like myself the better. Which is why I love FFVIII so much. I'm attracted to action, suspense or horror games/movies, but whenever I sit to watch/play one of them, I dearly hope I don't get a dumb character. I don't care if he's strong, fast and the best shooter alive. If he can't put two and two together, I'll despise him and will dearly hope he dies saving someone else, preferably someone smarter.

Squall Lionheart, obviously. Rebecca Chambers, from Resident Evil 1 and Zero, strikes me as an INTJ with a low T and a low I. She's logical, determined and self-confident, and she's not as naïve as she seems.

I like the cold, unemotional, mysterious, and intelligent types that are neither good nor evil, but they are capable of doing both to achieve their goals. I also love it when they are highly skilled in comparison to other characters. This is basically the INTJ character and even though I am one, I still love it. ENTJ characters are awesome too.

INFP for Colin Firth's Mr. Darcy!!!

Coming in second are the Rhett Butler types.

OH WAIT! INTJ's won't know who those people are. Hmmm. Sorry, I don't watch TV a lot. I like House from House. I like Larry the Cable guy (because I think the character is a brilliant idea, and brilliant and funny are both sexy) . I like me some Jon Snow from Geore RR Martin's "A Song of Ice and Fire" series.

I'd have to say the semi-major character who's the sarcastic clown. Hence my username :P. For example, in the movie Covenant, I liked Reid Garwin.

I like characters like myself. Mainly, characters who walk about alone, but they have so much behind they're background that no one knows about. They go on their daily lives by their own agenda and appear to be nothing out of the ordinary, but when you discover more about them, you know they are nothing like anyone else, they have supreme power and capabilites.

For instance, Light Yagami from Death Note and the red head (forgot his name, but y'know, the main character- I believe it's Ichigo?) from Bleach.

Coming in second are the Rhett Butler types.

*smacks head* How did I EVER forget to mention dear ol' Rhett?

For instance, Light Yagami from Death Note and the red head (forgot his name, but y'know, the main character- I believe it's Ichigo?) from Bleach.

Hmmm. I agree wholeheartedly about Light being INTJ - I'd say L (the original) is an ISTJ/INTJ mix (I don't think we're given enough observation of his thought processes to make a solid call on that) too.

Ichigo is more of an INFP, in my opinion. Ishida (the Quincy guy with his white outfit and bow/arrow) fits the INTJ bill almost stereotypically.

I'd have to say Dark Schneider from the manga/anime Bastard!! I was even tempted to name one of my kids, Darshu, years later. He was the ultimate evil/vulnerable hero. He was either extremely evil or extremely angelic, but a funny, naughty, lovable bastard for sure!

Definitely, Firth's Mr Darcy.

What about Heathcliff of Wuthering Heights?

I'm not "drawn" to book characters because there aren't really any good INTJ girl descriptions out there (that I've read).

Then again, anyone know of any?

I'm not "drawn" to book characters because there aren't really any good INTJ girl descriptions out there (that I've read).

Then again, anyone know of any?

Smilla Jasperson in Peter Hoeg's "Miss Smilla's Feeling For Snow"...

and Dagny Taggart in Ayn Rand's "Atlas Shrugged" - I like her character although I loathe the book.

Also Bellis in China Mieville's "The Scar" is quite INTJ-y

Than there were the cartoon characters. I had a crush on Schroder from Charlie Brown. And I liked that one guy's hair (the blonde with the AWFUL swirly bangs - yeah, I was six, and I liked that) from Ghost Busters.

I liked Hannibal Lecter. Also the old hard boiled private eye types, like Sam Spade.

Hmmm. I agree wholeheartedly about Light being INTJ - I'd say L (the original) is an ISTJ/INTJ mix (I don't think we're given enough observation of his thought processes to make a solid call on that) too.

Ichigo is more of an INFP, in my opinion. Ishida (the Quincy guy with his white outfit and bow/arrow) fits the INTJ bill almost stereotypically.

L was definitely an N, he pulled stuff out of nowhere. There is no way anyone who is close to an S type could do that. I think Ichigo is an ISFP, he shows no signs of intuitive thought, and often never thinks deeply about things, he just does them. Ishida is def an INTJ, although I think his character is rather annoying at this point.

Would anyone think that Dexter Morgan, from Showtime's Dexter, is an INTJ?