Welcome to INTJ Forum

This is a community where INTJs can meet others with similar personalities and discuss a wide variety of both serious and casual topics. If you aren't an INTJ, you're welcome to join anyway if you would like to learn more about this personality type or participate in our discussions. Registration is free and will allow you to post messages, see hidden subforums, customize your account and use other features only available to our members.

Lili

am I an intj ? Please help

Posted (edited)

Hey , I am. Lili 

I went through a lot of things in my life , I am now a very different person too 

6years ago , I was surely an intx

But I changed a lot due to things happened on high school

I don't know what I have become but I do know that I hate myself now so much, back then I was told the reason Im alone is me , so I changed , opened up way too much that I dont know myself anymore , I feel fake , and I am disgusted by the way I have become but I am trying so hard to return to the old me (I really am ) which tricky in college but I am now on the way to return (not fully ) but I succeeded in many things except with certain ppl 

I have these specific traits , I do belong to a lot of categories so I am really confused plz do tell me what am I ? I am becoming more like the old me every day , these traits are the only thing left of the old me and I treasures them so much as they are the realest thing to me and the starter for my way back journey 

1 I am a SEVERE minimalist ( I thought it was a disease) I love simplicity

2 I get distracted easily 

3 I cannot multitask (CANNOT )

4 I get frustrated in terms of work more than friendship/relationship

5 work has always been. No 1 

6 I was top of my class always hard worker

7 I may be insensible except in things about me

8 I am very selfish (VERY)

9 I ignore ppl I am interested in (I think showing interest is a weakness )

10 I am very stubborn to a point of self harm

11 I think we all gonna die anyway , and everything is useless

12 I used to think with hard work , everything is achievable 

13 I love a band member(bts) V , who is ENFP but I get frustrated as he has so much potential and doesn't develop and he is one of  the reason of my recent depression periods ( which is rare cuz I rarely care about ppl let alone a person I never met (I fear I am projecting) 

14 I'm very honest , but lately I dont harm ppl as before 

15 I always always want to create a perfect Me ( seeking a change ) but look where that got me ?!!! 

16 my work used to be spikes , Cruz once I am interested I am In

17 I am either obsessed or not interested 

18 I am an extreme person 

19 get me interested and leave it to me 

20 I am a STALKER like if someone/something is interesting or I have a point of view , I will collect all info and all proofs ..

21 I hate to depend on anyone , or to be in an inferior position , I don't take orders well 

22 I hate some ppl with no reason and I question myself for it (but I believe they are cocky ?!)

23 I used to have top grades but lately I don't Cuz Im ruined by kpop 

24 I'm not good under stress 

25 I love technology but Im majoring in medicine 

26 I have a lot of similarities with intp 

27 I fear failure , hate it , 

28 I have scenarios inside my head but lately I tuned down a little bit and settled with one answer "I don't know" 

29 it is weird but I always have a list of rules to my life that I updated when needed like a routine I should always follow and a bad habit I should quit (to serve the idea of making a perfect me ?) THIS IS SO ME GUYS LIKE HEKL SINCE I WAS IN KINDERGARTEN !!!!

30 I suck at showing affection 

31 over thinking kills me 

32 I used to give an aura of "don't approach" which I changed 

33 I don't trust ppl at all, maybe I am too wounded 

34 I sometimes need others affection 

35 I surround myself with stable ppl

36 I work alone but I tend to learn by working rather than reading 

37 I love literature and poetry 

38 I HATE commitments 

39 I get bored easily 

40 I'm really moved by stories of success ..like suffering and succeeding , like I really do 

41 all the things I say are misunderstood , somehow it always have another meaning 

42 I like to be appreciated (but don't we all)

43 I don't fit in ..at all not now not then

44 I have no friends but I have colleges 

45  I used to hate loneliness but now I treasure it 

46 I am exhausted by the fakeness of ppl and world 

47 I tend to want to impress the others A LOT , but I'm not sure I care about them (totally doesn't make sense) 

48 I am known as a good argumentative cuz I play with words and I'm sarcastic and I always have info about what I am talking about 

49 I used to love sport specially swimming but now I am to lazy 

50 I don't listen , I may pretend to listen ( which is me most of the time ) but actually I am not listening , like I have to be interested to listen , most of the time I tend to make plans or scenarios or think in my mind 

51 I have a really hard time to focus lately 

52 I love neutral colors in dressing ( I'm really simple) I hate all these rainbow or mixed things 

53 I get really jealous 

I don't know what am I , and I honestly don't take these tests seriously , sorry cuz there are a lot of things not being measured ...like state of mind , your previous circumstances ...

I feel like I don't belong to any category while my sis thinks I am a borderline between intp and intj (they said that can't be so?.) 

Please do help me figure out this , I just need to return to the old me I feel like a fake person right now 

I am now in a depressed state so no , I don't know if I m returning to the old me or entering a new period of depression 

Thank u for reading my long article !!

Edited by Lili

There is so much here and I generally say yes. I am fake for the sake of progress, always ignore depressing feelings because I think they don't get you anywhere. You have intuitives styles of questioning, "What's the point of everything...it's all monotony." I don't think a perceiving style is very possible, you sound like a depressed perfectionist. 

I am a depressed perfectionist but what does that  make me ? An intj?

INFP are the idealistic 

And omg u said it exactly " fake for the sake of the progress " ..what does that make me ?? 

Both you and your sister seem fairly sure that you're an INT of some sort. So, I suggest eliminating all the I, N and T clutter and just focusing on the J/P dimension.

6 hours ago, HankMorgan said:

Both you and your sister seem fairly sure that you're an INT of some sort. So, I suggest eliminating all the I, N and T clutter and just focusing on the J/P dimension.

But I'm not that sure and she isn't an expert at all ..I'm new to these things ,

What do u think tho ? Based on what I said ? 

The results are back. You are indeed a four letter acronym.

7 hours ago, Tactical Panda said:

The results are back. You are indeed a four letter acronym.

What does that even mean? I'm an intj? 

11 hours ago, Lili said:

But I'm not that sure and she isn't an expert at all ..I'm new to these things ,

What do u think tho ? Based on what I said ? 

Probably INT.

Read this and see which section you relate to more: Please login or register to see this link.

Where is brainstorm? :smart:

Is there really a need to conform to the category? 

...... added to this post 1 minute later:

4 hours ago, Lili said:

What does that even mean? I'm an intj? 

Its called humor with a tint of sarcasm

51 minutes ago, Knox said:

Where is brainstorm?

Oh my god, don't you dare summon him.  

On 18/6/2017 at 0:11 AM, Lili said:

I have these specific traits

Yes, you have these specific traits, that unfortunately for you, don't tell us much about how you process informations, and about your pattern of thinking, which is what the MBTI seeks to establish.

The fact that you're depressed is also another element to take in consideration; Mental health is crucial if you want to correctly assess your personality type, and since MBTI tests don't take mental disorders in consideration, the results of those (shitty, in the 99% of cases) tests, should be taken with a grain of salt, especially in your case.

Edited by Neus

1 hour ago, Neus said:

Yes, you have these specific traits, that unfortunately for you, don't tell us much about how you process informations, and about your pattern of thinking, which is what the MBTI seeks to establish.

The fact that you're depressed is also another element to take in consideration; Mental health is crucial if you want to correctly assess your personality type, and since MBTI tests don't take mental disorders in consideration, the results of those (shitty, in the 99% of cases) tests, should be taken with a grain of salt, especially in your case.

Yeah I know , I am stuck , but what to do ? .I just have to accept that I don't have a type for now , I actually headed to this test to find away to deal with my depression (it is not a disease tho , the thing I have more like a chronic state of mind ) but i didn't know it was the other way around ,

Thanks for ur time !! 

I am an INTJ and I can relate to your points that you listed. You indeed might be an INTJ. Maybe take the test few more times? 

Here are things that help me if I am depressed:

-watching comforting movies that make me cry because it feels cathartic to cry for me

-go for a long walk in nature

-journaling about your feelings/making sense out of them/ understanding their root 

-being productive/focusing on some goal that you have such as academic one or some of your own creative projects

-talk with someone who understands you 

-reading articles about depression and finding out what resonates with you

-meditate 

-exercise and eat healthily : this is a big one. It is a simple way to get back on track. I tend to overlook this one because I forget about the Si aspect of life but it is actually very important for your wellbeing.

I know that I get depressed if I don't have a direction and if I don't work on my goals for long periods of time.

If nothing of this helps, seek therapy and be patient. Depression sometimes can be situational or in a certain period of your life and it can be eliminated quickly but sometimes it takes patience and time. 

Also if the reason of your depression is self loathing learn to accept yourself and work towards loving and appreciating the character traits that you have. You are unique and you don't have to be anyone else. If you pretend to be someone who you're not you Won't be happy in your relationship. It is easier said than done, but I guess, just put things in a perspective and make learning to love yourself your goal.

Edited by INTJ-123

2 hours ago, INTJ-123 said:

I am an INTJ and I can relate to your points that you listed. You indeed might be an INTJ. Maybe take the test few more times? 

Here are things that help me if I am depressed:

-watching comforting movies that make me cry because it feels cathartic to cry for me

-go for a long walk in nature

-journaling about your feelings/making sense out of them/ understanding their root 

-being productive/focusing on some goal that you have such as academic one or some of your own creative projects

-talk with someone who understands you 

-reading articles about depression and finding out what resonates with you

-meditate 

-exercise and eat healthily : this is a big one. It is a simple way to get back on track. I tend to overlook this one because I forget about the Si aspect of life but it is actually very important for your wellbeing.

I know that I get depressed if I don't have a direction and if I don't work on my goals for long periods of time.

If nothing of this helps, seek therapy and be patient. Depression sometimes can be situational or in a certain period of your life and it can be eliminated quickly but sometimes it takes patience and time. 

Also if the reason of your depression is self loathing learn to accept yourself and work towards loving and appreciating the character traits that you have. You are unique and you don't have to be anyone else. If you pretend to be someone who you're not you Won't be happy in your relationship. It is easier said than done, but I guess, just put things in a perspective and make learning to love yourself your goal.

I have to say a lot of things here do make me feel better 

-Yeah indeed I watch movies to make me cry especially those about struggles and accomplishments or those I can relate too but I haven't cried since a really long time and I'm trying really but I can't bring myself to cry , tears just don't come out 

-I know their route ,my feelings , I guess I at least know not all the reasons but parts of them 

- yeah , I'm indeed tryina talk to someone who I guess they understand me in this forum (that makes me so much better)

-yeah  lately i lost  10 pounds and I became too skinny , I just don't feel like eating at all really and I'm dizzy most of the time 

-I quote u "being productive/focusing on some goal that you have such as academic one or some of your own creative projects"

Another quote "I know that I get depressed if I don't have a direction and if I don't work on my goals for long periods of time." 

Well accurate , that is exactly the reason I am depressed , I am not productive at all , and I can't force myself to keep going , at all , like I don't work on my goals  , I have tests coming up and I can't even read a thing  about any subject ,I began to procrastinate and then panic under pressure ,  I used to have really high grades but now I don't (it may sound silly to some , everyone has his own priorities ) but to me , i t is my no1 priority and I feel helpless and I can't keep going or push myself anymore , I just need to push myself but I can't help it 

- thanks for ur advice , I know for now it may not be a disease , more like a chronic state of mind but I do need something , I know how depression can be severe and I know that I'm heading to it right now , I just feel anxious all the time , I'm not comfortable at all in my situation and I also feel numb (I don't know how to put it ) 

I just needed a way to keep going I guess .

Thanks for ur time !