Welcome to INTJ Forum

This is a community where INTJs can meet others with similar personalities and discuss a wide variety of both serious and casual topics. If you aren't an INTJ, you're welcome to join anyway if you would like to learn more about this personality type or participate in our discussions. Registration is free and will allow you to post messages, see hidden subforums, customize your account and use other features only available to our members.

Dionysos4

Hello (Aspiring Diplomat)

Posted (edited)

Hi,

I am an INTJ who is studying an MA in Russian politics (my BA was in history and classics). I am just a few months away from joining the workforce – diplomacy, if everything goes well. 

My purpose here is to get a general feeling of how fellow INTJs adapt to the shift from being students to being workers. I realise that my career choice of diplomacy may seem odd considering that it means regular human interaction, however I am highly ambitious and am willing to put myself outside of my own comfort zone if it means that my goals can be accomplished. Eventually – in 10 to 15 years time – I want to be a politician.

I am looking forward to interacting with you all, I know that I have much to learn. Who better to have as mentors than fellow INTJs?

See you around!

Edited by Dionysos4
Change Title

welcome to the forum : ]

Hope you enjoy your time here.

You sound very "diplomatic".  Don't let our bluntness ruin you!

2 minutes ago, Monte314 said:

You sound very "diplomatic".  Don't let our bluntness ruin you!

Ha ha, don't worry about that! A diplomat needs to be able to be blunt when the occasion calls for it. I am quite blunt with friends and family anyway – there's no point in hiding your opinions to loved ones behind euphemisms and niceties. That way, when I do give a compliment, or a criticism, they know that I mean it.

Family member wanted to be diplomat too ... related a little welcome to the forum.