Welcome to INTJ Forum

This is a community where INTJs can meet others with similar personalities and discuss a wide variety of both serious and casual topics. If you aren't an INTJ, you're welcome to join anyway if you would like to learn more about this personality type or participate in our discussions. Registration is free and will allow you to post messages, see hidden subforums, customize your account and use other features only available to our members.

vonpop

Extroverted Intuition

Is your extroverted Intuition really good? I use it a lot when I'm somewhere standing. For ex. When I am in the house at night I imagine if someone breaks in through this door then I'll go out this window.

Posted (edited)

As an ENTP, my extroverted Intuition is naturally very good.

I am energized by new and intriguing possibilities and ideas, and I am as much energized by sharing ideas and brainstorming. I am good at reading between the lines, and at discerning the motivations behind the actions of people.

I am flighty. I shift my mind, my perspectives, my hobbies and my interests, very, very easily, which is definitely one of my biggest flaws, since I often feel like I will never achieve something in my life.

And these, are just some details of my Ne. I could write about my Ne all day long.

Edited by Neus

Posted (edited)

3 hours ago, vonpop said:

Is your extroverted Intuition really good? I use it a lot when I'm somewhere standing. For ex. When I am in the house at night I imagine if someone breaks in through this door then I'll go out this window.

I don't know if it's good, but I prefer thinking that way most.   I like to put things in front of me and visually analyze what the hell is going on and then come to a conclusion.  So I love lists and statistical data.  I also love evidence or physical proof.

I'm not so good at internally processing such data as the Ni's are. 

So in music, for me to write a song, I need to have all the tracks laid out in front of me and then I'm able to sculpt the sounds into a deeper meaning, what not.  In the beginning of song writing, I often do not know where the music's going to lead to or know what the dynamics will be until I've got enough of a clue as to what direction the song's mood is flowing towards.  

By contrast, some musicians have the song in their head and just jot it out.  I usually, start off by just playing around until some kind of melody or chord sequence sounds meaningful.

Then I record it.  Then, I listen to it and try to figure out what would acomodate that...etc. etc.

A common thing with Ne is just putting something out there and then sculpting the idea until it's finished or makes sense.

I often get criticized or misunderstood by people who think I'm bullshitting or not on schedule but once I've got all elements of an idea, then the work's fast, easy and efficient and I catch up very quickly.  People with driving or common sense personalities often have issues with me at first because they just "do things" where I develop and gather, formulate the idea first, and then produce it.  I don't just "do it" because if I took that approach, I wouldn't fundamentally know which direction to go without a foundation of understanding.

Edited by ENFPEACE

55 minutes ago, ENFPEACE said:

I often do not know where the music's going to lead to or know what the dynamics will be until I've got enough of a clue as to what direction the song's mood is flowing towards.  

Ah, everything you say I can recognize myself in too. I have this approach as well with making art now that you mention it. I have a super basic idea and while I'm working on it I get all sort of extra inspiration and ideas and it begins to take form itself. I also have difficulty writing stories where I plot everything out in the beginning. The story writes itself and then gets stuck LOL. 

For internal processes, I gather info externally and then write down my internal processes for I have it lined up and gathered and then new ideas and connections form while analyzing the data I pulled out of myself based on the knowledge I gathered externally first.

I'm not sure what else Ne is supposed to do else, but I'm good with ideas and brainstorming too, makin connections in a broader context. Being very quickly distracted in all possibilities, strong and lively imagination. 

Ooh haha me too, I always start out with something general, just start moving in a direction, and then the form begins to take and I'm like, "Aha! Look at this! It's gorgeous!"

That goes for drawing, sculpting, anything. I'm beyond terrible at making something specific in my head, it's way better to just focus on the general aspect and let the details come as inspiration.

23 minutes ago, MissJ said:

Ah, everything you say I can recognize myself in too. I have this approach as well with making art now that you mention it. I have a super basic idea and while I'm working on it I get all sort of extra inspiration and ideas and it begins to take form itself. I also have difficulty writing stories where I plot everything out in the beginning. The story writes itself and then gets stuck LOL. 

For internal processes, I gather info externally and then write down my internal processes for I have it lined up and gathered and then new ideas and connections form while analyzing the data I pulled out of myself based on the knowledge I gathered externally first.

I'm not sure what else Ne is supposed to do else, but I'm good with ideas and brainstorming too, makin connections in a broader context. Being very quickly distracted in all possibilities, strong and lively imagination. 

Ne's a lot like sculpting.  You start with something in front of you and then turn it into concept.  As the concept develops in front of you, you then see the direction and the vision it turns into.

Ni's I think are the opposite, they draw in ideas and sculpt within the framework of thought.

Where Ne's prefer visuals to create, Ni's prefer to visualize in order to create.

Posted (edited)

What's intriguing with high Ne users (especially with ENxPs) is that we are the most likely to mistype ourselves. We don't see ourselves realistically and we find really difficult to not consider other MBTI types, often thinking how them can fit us.

Edited by Neus

59 minutes ago, Neus said:

What's intriguing with high Ne users (especially with ENxPs) is that we are the most likely to mistype ourselves. We don't see ourselves realistically and we find really difficult to not consider other MBTI types, often thinking how them can fit us.

I never had doubts I am ENFP, but I do have that problem with enneagram types. 

Ne without an anchor is a liability, not an asset.

17 hours ago, Kprog said:

True. The information we have and its quality is very important. Otherwise intuition is no different from a schizophrenics trying to figure out what the volcano god want from him.

Posted (edited)

18 hours ago, Kprog said:

Any cognitive function without an anchor is more a liability than an asset.

Edited by Neus