Welcome to INTJ Forum

This is a community where INTJs can meet others with similar personalities and discuss a wide variety of both serious and casual topics. If you aren't an INTJ, you're welcome to join anyway if you would like to learn more about this personality type or participate in our discussions. Registration is free and will allow you to post messages, see hidden subforums, customize your account and use other features only available to our members.

SigmaDarkTriad

I have the oppurtunity to travel anywhere in the world for a week. Where should I go?

I live in Canada. My Mom said that she wants to take me on a trip for a week. She said we can go anywhere in the world. I'm an introvert. Asian countries hold no appeal to me. Middle Eastern countries have in the past, but I'm not entirely sure about doing that given the current geopolitical situation. I have wanted to go to Europe in the past. Germany, Austria, and Switzerland certainly arouse my interest as far as Europe is concerned.

I'm leaning towards Iceland at the moment. Flights are relatively cheap where I live. I was reading articles about people that have travelled there and the consensus among all of them is that Iceland is such a beautiful, unique country. Many claim that the landscape gives it the illusion of being on a different planet. Have any of you ever been to Iceland? Do you think it is advisable for me wanting to go there?

What sort of experience are you after? 

12 minutes ago, zonsop said:

What sort of experience are you after? 

I am after a one of a kind experience.

...... added to this post 0 minutes later:

Just now, SigmaDarkTriad said:

Something that isn't too warm but distinctive from Canada.

How about... Chefchaouen or Cappadocia or Santorini and neighbouring islands or, I know you said not Asia, but Heilongjiang is quite a unique place to visit too.

39 minutes ago, zonsop said:

How about... Chefchaouen or Cappadocia or Santorini and neighbouring islands or, I know you said not Asia, but Heilongjiang is quite a unique place to visit too.

Wow, I'd never heard of Chefchaouen or Heilongjiang before! I'm glad I clicked on your response. :)

I learn something new here every day....

How about visiting Cuba, see it before it becomes Westernized.

8 hours ago, SigmaDarkTriad said:

Go to Israel and train Krav for a week.  It will be different, though not necessarily better, depending on your perspective, than what is taught anywhere else in the world.

2 hours ago, Warrior said:

Go to Israel and train Krav for a week.  It will be different, though not necessarily better, depending on your perspective, than what is taught anywhere else in the world.

I'm 5ft8, 165lbs and have 25% body fat. I have no Krav Maga experience. I need to get into good physical shape before I do Krav Maga let alone Krav Maga. Do you honestly believe that it would be safe to go Israel right now given what's going on in the countries in close proximity to it?

Bahamas.  Rent a house.  But it should be during a cool season, I guess (maybe between September and April).  I was in Spanish Wells in April.  Best vacation I ever had.  I like it quiet, though.

Posted (edited)

If they're paying go to Thailand ah you don't want to go to an Asian place.

...... added to this post 0 minutes later:

Fuck the Bahamas you can go there cheap on your own lol

Edited by Cak

21 hours ago, SigmaDarkTriad said:

Do you honestly believe that it would be safe to go Israel right now given what's going on in the countries in close proximity to it?

That's why you hang out with the Krav Maga people!  :cheesy:

Seriously, though, I haven't kept track of the local situation there.  I'd go, but yeah, that's always a concern.  A couple people I work with went to Israel on business recently and they didn't have any problems.

Iceland! The country looks amazing. 

3 hours ago, Kricket said:

Iceland! The country looks amazing. 

My thoughts exactly 

Posted (edited)

Iceland sounds like a great place to see. A lot of other european countries and cities have quite a bit of charm too, just stay away from major turist traps like Paris, Rome etc. 

Edited by eminentThymine

On ‎2017‎-‎05‎-‎17 at 3:05 PM, Kricket said:

That looks incredible. However, I was looking at the total costs of hotels, flights, tours etc. and the costs reached $10000. I feel bad for costing my Mother that much so I decided I'm going to go there by myself one day.

...... added to this post 1 minute later:

We're going to San Francisco instead. Anybody hear anything good about that?

Good on you for keeping her finances in mind! I don't know about you, but i am a bit of a foodie and San Fran is supposed to be chock full of good eats. Id check out the highly rated restaurants.

Posted (edited)

North Carolina

from the blue ridge parkway (grandfather mountain, little Switzerland) to the outer banks (Emerald Isle, cape lookout) you can find something and you will not break the bank. Not sure what the exchange rate is but you should compare Canadian to Us and Euro exchanges right now and try to estimate for your travel dates 

asheville

raleigh

and charlotte 

for city experiences. 

Artists and writers love Asheville. 

Raleigh is neat too. 

Charlotte if you got money is full of entertainment and shopping possibilities. 

...... added to this post 50 minutes later:

Id like to see Iceland but I'd need more than a week. Probably 4 days of travel leaving just 3 for sightseeing. Not sure what the travel times are for you. 

On the other hand, we saw almost all of Ireland in that time because it's a small place, and travel was like 12 hours one way iirc. The first day in we rented a car and slept for like an hour in it then hit the road and stayed in hostels or inns all over the place, but we didn't get to linger much in one place.  dingle island and the giants causeway were gorgeous and I figure I'd go back one day and stay in one or the other for a relaxing vacation. Driving around Dublin was infuriating and we wasted a bit of a day, the second day was much better because we knew what we wanted to hit and walked it; you should calculate realistic expectations of not just to and from traveling but once you are there traveling  

Not sure what your mother's abilities or interests are. Cramming international or especially intercontinental travel into a week may just leave you tired and cranky. 

It seems to me the "once in a lifetime" part is that you are getting to see something new with your mother and the rest is lesser than that. 

Personally, Id like also to see mark off trips to the redwood forests in california and coastal Maine, but I love national parks. And spend some time in New York City again  

But I figured Maine and New York were probably a lot like Canada and you mentioned wanting something different. And I can't recommend or give you insider tips on california other than LA area, where the  Pacific beaches are spectacular.   But to me it's more of a "romantic" destination as opposed to a family one 

Edited by SkyBright

Come to my house. I'll roll out a sleeping bag and throw out the wife.

On 2017-5-18 at 10:05 PM, SigmaDarkTriad said:

We're going to San Francisco instead. Anybody hear anything good about that?

Go to Land's End.

1 hour ago, Dretfosria said:

Come to my house. I'll roll out a sleeping bag and throw out the wife.

Or Dretfosria's wife's new place.

12 hours ago, vampyroteuthis said:

Or Dretfosria's wife's new place.

Woh man! Don't go empowering her like that. Could you imagine what her getting a new place could do to my ego?

9 hours ago, Dretfosria said:

Woh man! Don't go empowering her like that. Could you imagine what her getting a new place could do to my ego?

I've been trying all day to think about more ways to empower your wife, but I don't even know what she likes (except maybe you), so I settled on this:

ghostbusters-zule-in-fridge-o.gif