Welcome to INTJ Forum

This is a community where INTJs can meet others with similar personalities and discuss a wide variety of both serious and casual topics. If you aren't an INTJ, you're welcome to join anyway if you would like to learn more about this personality type or participate in our discussions. Registration is free and will allow you to post messages, see hidden subforums, customize your account and use other features only available to our members.

Julie86

Please Help!

Hi,

I am currently experiencing a moment in my life where i MUST be able to express myself in a way that others ( a social worker, in this case) can understand. I use words. To me, words count. What I say counts.  Regardless of my demeanor; it's the words I use that count.

Unfortunately, people tend to not take me seriously when i express concern because my expressions, body language and tone remain quite constant. It's hard enough for me to even express this concern, and people wonder why I don't talk about these issues until I am at the end of my rope, which ultimately works against me as i did not cry wolf often enough. Should I cry wolf every time a chicken goes missing instead of waiting until the hen-house is empty? I am realizing that this may be the case.

I hate that I must "put on a show" in order to get people to understand that my words are not a calculated, formulated robotic response but a genuine feeling that I am trying to express. When I try express myself in that way,  it's even more ineffective because I know it is forced, it isn't genuine, and people sense that something is off. My acting is awkward at best. 

I am frustrated. I am angry. I am calm. I am not convincing. 

Have any of you been in this situation? How did you deal with it? Would it be a good idea to talk to the social worker and explain to her that even if i may seem calm, I am actually seething and panicking? she's already on my "don't bother" list, but that may just be because of a disconnect in personality type. Should I just let her do her thing and also work on this case on my own to ultimately hand her the information/proof that my concerns are legitimate? Should I trust the Canadian Legal system to ultimately come to the same conclusions I have?

Although all your comments are welcome, I would especially like to hear from other females who have children as I believe (especially with other INTJ types) that my frustrations can be better understood by them. 

...... added to this post 45 minutes later:

i just noticed this is in the introductions category (way to introduce myself) i've move it to a more appropriate location but don't know how to delete this.... :/

Welcome Julie, hope we can find you in this journey of yours.

Keep hope, have a nice day.

If this is your first time dealing with this particular system you have little basis to say they are reacting to you any different than they would if you were a hysterical mess.

On the other hand, some other introverts adapt to survive. This may include learning/developing more animation in your expressions.

Good luck.

Posted (edited)

Blessings Jools...

Your social worker sounds like a basic. Explain to her your sensibilities align toward an INTJ mindset. If this is beyond his/her understanding, switch lanes and find someone that does. A communication break down, seems to be the crux of the problem, so you can address the real issues.

Creating a post in the "General Sociology" or "Psychology" should expose you to more "foot traffic".

Welcome and Best of Luck!

Edited by Neoaves

welcome to the forum :]

wasn't sure if this was going to be moved, but looks like it's here to stay. xD

no kids here, so no advice on that front.

everyone goes through difficult times, hopefully you will get a chance to pore through the threads posted and find some comfort and hopefully also find like minds and personalities who can help you get through the frustration and anger and the stress of not being taken as seriously as you'd like.

Welcome to the forum.

Hope you enjoy your time here!