Welcome to INTJ Forum

This is a community where INTJs can meet others with similar personalities and discuss a wide variety of both serious and casual topics. If you aren't an INTJ, you're welcome to join anyway if you would like to learn more about this personality type or participate in our discussions. Registration is free and will allow you to post messages, see hidden subforums, customize your account and use other features only available to our members.

Engineer

Youtube cash!

What are the rules/advices that don't let you get in trouble on youtube while you're trying to make money?

I have a channel with my videos, and I want to make others videos like compilation videos (=mixing others videos already on youtube and put music on them), in order to make more money

Don't steal other people's content is a good start.

But what about a compilation of funny cats for example? No one will bother, right? It's viral content I mean..

The current youtube money is in making clickbait videos using knock-off disney characters, specifically to target toddlers who are given an iPad by their busy parents. Like this:

62 million views, all of them toddlers who don't know what the fuck is going on. Content doesn't matter, just bright colors, popular characters, and clickbait titles.

Dunno why, but kids just *love* pregnant elsa.

I'm not a toddler and I have no idea what the fuck is going on in that video.

Hahaha... Toddlers? Gee, I hope they're not watching that. And I suspect these poor souls thought they were making art, not toddler pr0n.

12 hours ago, Engineer said:

But what about a compilation of funny cats for example? No one will bother, right? It's viral content I mean..

The original uploaders will mind. And even if they didn't; odds are almost no one is going to see your videos. It's an oversaturated market. 

Engineer just make makeup tutorials. All the preteens will worship you.

My understanding is it's becoming more difficult to make money via ads, what you can do is connect with your audience and request support via patreon. You can also whore yourself via live for donations. 

I'm pretty sure you're only allowed so many seconds of a song before you get flagged for copy-right issues. Video games are fine, I think, except Nintendo, which requires you pay them a portion.

I think there are a lot of rules for videos of movies and tv shows. I know some legit youtubers that review them and don't get flagged so they must avoid it somehow when showing clips.

On 4/17/2017 at 4:12 PM, Engineer said:

What are the rules/advices that don't let you get in trouble on youtube while you're trying to make money?

I have a channel with my videos, and I want to make others videos like compilation videos (=mixing others videos already on youtube and put music on them), in order to make more money

I'm assuming theres tons of content on youtube that is stolen in fact most of it. just a matter of whether they file compaints to take it down.

On 4/18/2017 at 0:50 AM, pangolinoleum said:

Hahaha... Toddlers? Gee, I hope they're not watching that. And I suspect these poor souls thought they were making art, not toddler pr0n.

I'm pretty sure they know what they're doing: there are an endless number of "Elsa and Spiderman pregnant" videos from that channel, all of which are equally vapid.

But they're making bank.

21 hours ago, EchoFlame said:

I'm pretty sure you're only allowed so many seconds of a song before you get flagged for copy-right issues. Video games are fine, I think, except Nintendo, which requires you pay them a portion.

I think there are a lot of rules for videos of movies and tv shows. I know some legit youtubers that review them and don't get flagged so they must avoid it somehow when showing clips.

Songs in video games will get your videos claimed as well but they won't take your videos down, you might not be able to monetize the video or they'll put their own ads on the video.

I have like 700 videos and only 5 of them are claimed. Two of them I am still able to monetize.

Make a video about Bumblebee, Spider-Man, Batman helping Hello Kitty and Elsa with reviewing the latest season of Peppa Pig?

9 minutes ago, Tactical Panda said:

Make a video about Bumblebee, Spider-Man, Batman helping Hello Kitty and Elsa with reviewing the latest season of Peppa Pig?

Such financial insight much wow.

2 minutes ago, Dohavior said:

Such financial insight much wow.

Much wow was so two seasons ago.

3 hours ago, Tactical Panda said:

Much wow was so two seasons ago.

You are already onto third season of the Peppa pig review? But you don't even have a theme song yet!

I would say follow the Youtube guidelines, but Youtube's policies are negligent at best and are all around complete rubbish.

I've had copyright claim after copyright claim issued on my videos by those who didn't even have anything to do with what was featured. I've also had videos taken down once a claim was issued, only for it to be brought back up again a few days later. I'm pretty certain that either extremely incompetent humans moderate this process, or nobody living does it at all. One can easily false flag a video and having them taken down because of that. It isn't unheard of. Sometimes it doesn't even matter if you give credit and act under fair use law, it can still get taken down and they'll be patronizing in letting you know every step of the way.

It's a shame because I'm just a few people away from one thousand subscribers, and though there may be some potential in making that number grow exponentially with more uploads, I've often lost motivation to for the very reasons stated above.

Edited by Atamagahen