Welcome to INTJ Forum

This is a community where INTJs can meet others with similar personalities and discuss a wide variety of both serious and casual topics. If you aren't an INTJ, you're welcome to join anyway if you would like to learn more about this personality type or participate in our discussions. Registration is free and will allow you to post messages, see hidden subforums, customize your account and use other features only available to our members.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
porousshield

2017 NHL Playoffs

I meant to start this last week when the playoffs started...

Anyway:

East:

Capitals vs. Toronto: Series tied 1-1

Montreal vs. NYR:  Mtl lead 2-1

Boston vs. Ottawa: Series tied 1-1

Penguins vs. Columbus: Pens lead 3-0

West:

Chicago vs. Nashville: NSH lead 2-0

San Jose vs. Edmonton: Edm lead 2-1

Anaheim vs. Calgary:  Ana lead 2-0

Minnesota vs. St. Louis:  Stl lead 3-0

Columbus has such terrible luck drawing the Pens in the first round.  In their 17 year history they have made the playoffs three times and have never made it past the first round (Detroit swept them in 2008-2009 and the Penguins beat them in 6 in 2013-2014). Tuesday night they might be the first team out.

I'm not really surprised by St. Louis being up 3-0. The Blues were great the last part of the season and Minnesota really sucked. Minnesota is at least better than Columbus having made it to the playoffs 8 times in 17 years and 5 years in a row counting this one though they only managed to get past the first round three times in their history (also eliminated by the Hawks 3 of the last 5 years).

Chicago not looking great having scored 0 goal in two games and getting shutout to the tune of 5-0 in the last one.

Not much to say about the other series. Ottawa hanging in there despite their injuries, Lundqvist keeping the Rangers in their series, and Calgary digging their own graves. Also everyone seem to assume San Jose was just run over Edmonton but they've now been shutout in two games.

Living in Canada...I am so sick and fucking tired of hearing about the Leafs. If 4 Canadian teams were to move on and Toronto get eliminated I'm willing to bet we'd still hear more about the Leaf in the second round.

My predictions:

Capitals in 6

Montreal in 7

Boston in 6

Penguins in 5

Nashville in 6

Edmonton in 6

Anaheim in 5

St. Louis in 5

Blues fan here. That means I'm really good at dealing with heartbreak.

This is that time of year they play really well then lay an egg at some point prior to the SCFs. There's a saying "we bleed blue" but I don't think Blues fans actually have any blood left. lol.

Posted (edited)

Calgary is out. Their playoff ineptitude continues. They must have really pissed off the hockey gods or something (beating Montreal in the forum for the cup 89 maybe?). They have won 4 playoff series since 89; three of which were in 04 when they were absolutely robbed of a goal in game 6 of the final that would have won them the cup.

5 hours ago, INTJoe said:

Blues fan here. That means I'm really good at dealing with heartbreak.

This is that time of year they play really well then lay an egg at some point prior to the SCFs. There's a saying "we bleed blue" but I don't think Blues fans actually have any blood left. lol.

Minnesota has been pretty inept in the playoffs throughout their history.  Things never go right for them.

Edited by porousshield

The good news is if the Blues win they get to run into that buzzsaw next round. LOL.

New York, St. Louis, and Edmonton move on.

Montreal really needs a difference maker up front. Radulov is great but they need someone who can score besides Patches.

Second round tomorrow night.

Ottawa vs NYR: Ottawa in 6

Washington vs. Pittsburg: Pittsburgh in 5

Nashville vs. St. Louis: Nasville in 6

Edmonton vs. Anaheim: Anaheim in 6

Last round I was 6 for 8 with 4 correct series lengths. I didn't predict Montreal ineptitude at scoring though I should have suspected it and Boston was derailed by injuries like I thought Ottawa was going to be.