Welcome to INTJ Forum

This is a community where INTJs can meet others with similar personalities and discuss a wide variety of both serious and casual topics. If you aren't an INTJ, you're welcome to join anyway if you would like to learn more about this personality type or participate in our discussions. Registration is free and will allow you to post messages, see hidden subforums, customize your account and use other features only available to our members.

agent3

INTJ's Te

Posted (edited)

Does INTJ's Te make them direct in speech and "think out loud"?

...... added to this post 2 minutes later:

Does INTJ's Te make them "think out loud" and direct in speech?

Edited by agent3

"Extraverted thinking" suggests thoughts that are contemplative instead of reflective — thinking freely without self-criticism or excess fine-tuning. Thinking "outward" is synonymous to playing or having fun, but there is a risk of losing touch with yourself, therefore losing touch with simplicity.

Nikola Tesla – Today's scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments, and they wander off through equation after equation, and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality.

Introverted thoughts are you, extraverted thoughts are not you.

I think the extroverted thinking causes people to believe that we have special needs because we do't socialize through extroverted feeling like most people.  And yes, it can make us think out loud.

I think ENTJs are more direct in speech but I know I definitely need to either talk it out or write it out to solve problems.  I can get only so far in my mind and then I go to someone I find reasonable, intelligent and/or wise, talk it out or write it down in my journal with a pros/cons list, diagram, whatever I need to solve it.

...... added to this post 3 minutes later:

On 3/15/2017 at 5:06 PM, MountedMarauder said:

I think the extroverted thinking causes people to believe that we have special needs because we do't socialize through extroverted feeling like most people.  And yes, it can make us think out loud.

Oh geez, really?  I never thought of it like that before.  I guess it could come across a bit Sheldon-like.  I have to remind myself to ask people how they're doing, blah, blah, blah stuff prior to asking for what I need.  I'm just such a cut-to-the-chase type of person.  Probably makes me look like a jerk.  Something I need to consider.