Welcome to INTJ Forum

This is a community where INTJs can meet others with similar personalities and discuss a wide variety of both serious and casual topics. If you aren't an INTJ, you're welcome to join anyway if you would like to learn more about this personality type or participate in our discussions. Registration is free and will allow you to post messages, see hidden subforums, customize your account and use other features only available to our members.

terraczy

How do you cope with rejection?

55 posts in this topic

In the context of : online friendships.

I have gone through a number of near-intoxicatingly and mind-boggling perplexing but (possibly in my pov only) were very intensely fun and fulfilling e-friendships, only to have the few people suddenly stopped communicating and talking to me for no reasons. As in, it's like another me from another parallel universe had argued with them and doomed the friendships - because the current me had totally no idea what had gone wrong.

So in all these few situations of 'being rejected coldly', I asked why [no response]; then i apologised  (even when I had no idea what I had done wrong) - [still no response]; repeated again asking why and apologising - still no response; then i just simply moved on.

The pains did go away gradually.

But it kinda removes my ability to let anyone (online) close everytime those happened. I just don't need that kind of perplexed moments wondering-what-had-i-done-wrong happened anymore.

Edited by Sarea

Well, I can tell you what not to do. Don't shut down and stop trying. Instead, realize that rejection is an obstacle to success and that rejection will happen. If you can grapple with that mentally, I think you are on the right track.

Allow to feel whatever I must feel and try to find out why something didn't go the way I wanted it to. If it's something I can control and change for my own betterment, I do my best to do so. If it is out of my control, I will try to look for way to accept.  

Seriously though, I have other priorities. I just let it go, don't really care enough to let it bother me. Probably not worth being around those kind of people anyway, so why bother?

Edited by Atamagahen