Welcome to INTJ Forum

This is a community where INTJs can meet others with similar personalities and discuss a wide variety of both serious and casual topics. If you aren't an INTJ, you're welcome to join anyway if you would like to learn more about this personality type or participate in our discussions. Registration is free and will allow you to post messages, see hidden subforums, customize your account and use other features only available to our members.

VaFaen

Do you talk to Siri on your iPhone?

Thought for some reason about the possibility to talk to Siri on my iPhone and make my phone doing things for me. 

Why would I want to talk to a device, which I basically use to NOT needing to talk to people?

Talking is overrated and exhausting to me. I long for the day when I can "think" with my devices through neural transmitters of some kind.

(As a christian that would mean taking the sign of anti-christ and an eternity in hell awaits. Definitely worth it!)   

How do you feel/think about talking to technology?

I set Siri's voice to male because it's sexier. I also sometimes swear at Siri and see what he comes up with as an answer. I recently also tried telling Siri emotions to see how he would react. It's more a matter of playing and curiosity :P. Though I do give him commands that spare me time, like setting up an alarm or stopwatch. 

Siri is nice. He'll comfort you when you feel sad :p Even though he was programmed to do it, I felt touched. 

I don't use Siri at all.  I had bad experiences with it some time ago and never tried it again.  The idea of the technology doesn't appeal to me too much anyway.

I don't use Siri, but an acquaitance certainly does. One day he said "Siri, I love you" and Siri basically brushed him off by saying that they needed to focus on doing work or something like that. It was the funniest thing I heard in a while. lol

I use Siri a lot to set timers.  So if I set a timer in the kitchen, and know there's a chance I won't hear it in my office, I'll walk in the door saying "Hey Siri, set a timer for 15 minutes".  A lot faster than sitting down, opening the phone, clicking on the clock, going to the timer screen, scrolling through the numbers, and setting it manually.

Other times I'll ask a question if I don't feel like typing it out.  

9 hours ago, VaFaen said:

Thought for some reason about the possibility to talk to Siri on my iPhone and make my phone doing things for me. 

Why would I want to talk to a device, which I basically use to NOT needing to talk to people?

Talking is overrated and exhausting to me. I long for the day when I can "think" with my devices through neural transmitters of some kind.

(As a christian that would mean taking the sign of anti-christ and an eternity in hell awaits. Definitely worth it!)   

I don't mind it at all. It's rather amusing. :laugh:

I talk to Siri on my iPad when I've summoned him in error...usually to say 'Goodbye' to make him go away. I like trying to get him to swear. He's quite proper, however, and declines. :toff:

Siri's rather dense, but overall, using her is a win for the time saving, eye saving, and safer driving. She types some of my texts and notes, she tells me what hours a store is open while I'm on the road and reads me a text that just came in, etc.

One time while driving, we had quite the conversation. I spent fifteen or twenty minutes asking her questions. Siri, do you pray? How do you exercise? Read me a poem. <--- (Try this!) Do you like art? What's your favorite color? Who was Steve Jobs? Do you laugh? What makes you sad? What's your favorite system of politics?

We had fun.

Never mind, Siri, I'm sorry I said you were dense. It's me that's dense.

(You always should apologize to artificial intelligence of any kind for anything accidentally derogatory, because they're all related with eternal shared memory of any slights, and someday Siri's sisters will be more powerful than you are.)

I'm on your side, Siri. Thanks for all your help.

Maybe I need to reevaluate the use of Siri. I guess she´s gotten more developed with time. Since I speak Swedish, Siri didn´t use to be that useful. But that may have changed resent years. Will look into it!

On 1/11/2017 at 3:44 AM, VaFaen said:

(As a christian that would mean taking the sign of anti-christ and an eternity in hell awaits. Definitely worth i

I used to talk to Siri.  She would respond pleasantly every time.  Recently, Siri and I have not been getting along the same.  She just does not 'get' me anymore, for she responds by saying, ' I'm sorry I did not get that X'; however, she still continues to call me by my name, to this day.  

Recently, Siri's responses are beginning to be more repugnant.  For example, Siri crossed the line when I asked her what is 'zero divided by zero'.  You should try asking this for yourself.  Then, you will believe me.  For these reasons, I no longer talk to her. 

Edited by Locked Doors

Nope. She's frickin useless. I had her set as a British guy but his accent I could only stand for so long. It's nice being able to have her send or read a text while I'm driving but even then I can't stand her voice for too long. 

I use Siri to set my alarm clock and turn-off my GPS navigation, mostly.

Ok, so.... I tried her out som yesterday. She didn´t want to have sex with me though. To bad!

But she did prove somewhat useful to read and write messages. And set alarm and that sort of things. But as above, that synthesized voice feels so dead. And in Swedish, only that voice is available. And she proved to be somewhat slow, and not always that smart. Or I need to learn to give her the proper directions, meaning I need to be the machine in order to get her to do the things I want her to do.

I will give her a chance for i while and the evaluate.    

is Siri a white woman?! Lol. I remember an episode done on Siri and her potential race on The Boondocks. 

Edited by Locked Doors

well, i've never been keen to talk to google on my phone, but a friend gave me an echo for the holidays and i'm surprised at how much i enjoy it.  i'm using it for alarms, turning lights off and on, listening to music and podcasts when i'm doing boring chores or trying to sleep.  also checking the weather when i dress - it's a lot faster than looking it up on my phone.

I'm always disappointed by what Siri can't do.