Welcome to INTJ Forum

This is a community where INTJs can meet others with similar personalities and discuss a wide variety of both serious and casual topics. If you aren't an INTJ, you're welcome to join anyway if you would like to learn more about this personality type or participate in our discussions. Registration is free and will allow you to post messages, see hidden subforums, customize your account and use other features only available to our members.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Muse

Advice on buying a fridge

34 posts in this topic
15 hours ago, Muse said:

The custom chill drawer in the center is really cool. You can make it extra fridge space, extra freezer space, or even set it for cooling wine. 

fuck yeah! not to be cheesy, @Muse, but i feel like we all participated in your refrigerator synchronicity! nice score!

Haha thank you. Yes you all helped a lot. It was my first time shopping a fridge, ever.

Now I have to go measure my front door to make sure it can fit inside. Big fat fridge. 

You chose well, IMO.

And it had a huge markdown because, like luxury cars, those willing to spend $3000 on a refrigerator will not tolerate denting. 

Imperfect "luxury" items, such as jewelry, furniture, and appliances are almost always a great deal for this reason: one blemish and they lose their luxury markup.

If it's such a large fridge, also consider how it will be delivered to your kitchen.  Are all the doorways large enough that lead to the kitchen and if you have stairs, will it fit in the staircase, particularly if the staircase has a bend?

22 minutes ago, Distance said:

If it's such a large fridge, also consider how it will be delivered to your kitchen.  Are all the doorways large enough that lead to the kitchen and if you have stairs, will it fit in the staircase, particularly if the staircase has a bend?

From the front door it's almost a straight shot to the kitchen. Very open floor plan inside. Just measured the front door though and they will have to unscrew the fridge handles for it to fit. Guess I will call and give them a heads up.

5 minutes ago, Muse said:

From the front door it's almost a straight shot to the kitchen. Very open floor plan inside. Just measured the front door though and they will have to unscrew the fridge handles for it to fit. Guess I will call and give them a heads up.

That's good news since the box or fridge (if they're quality service delivery guys who remove the box prior to entering your home), will be tilted when it's on a dolly, so height or width, will be definitive issues.

On 1/9/2017 at 6:22 AM, Muse said:

Hi everyone!

Wife and I just bought a new house and preparing to buy nice things for it. 

I'm very interested in this particular fridge, but my wife is hesitant on the price tag.

She has pointed out some smaller, off-brand fridges that are in the $700-$1,000 range. 

Anyone here gotten one of these big fancy fridges? Do you think it's worth it? Perhaps it is too big and nice for a home of 2 or 3 Adults. There are fridges even higher than this, in the $3,000 range. I will admit I don't quite understand why. Unfortunately we can't wait until a big sales event, need something this week. 

A few years ago we brought a Kenmore at the official Sears Scratch and Dent place here in town.  The thermostat went the first year but because it had come from the official Sears place the warranted held and the Sears guy came and repaired it free.  No further problems after that.  Don't know if this is a recommendation or not.  Just grist for the mill.  I l

Wow, just read some more of the thread and discovered that you did the same thing.  Great minds think alike.  Look forward to the long term report on the LG as it is one of the brands we are considering for next time.

Edited by NewToWorld

Damn, that Samsung is nice

Sears outlet has nice fridges, like that Sam, with a ding or two in the doors-- causing them to be marked down substantially.

Cheapos like me would just put a magnet over the ding.