Welcome to INTJ Forum

This is a community where INTJs can meet others with similar personalities and discuss a wide variety of both serious and casual topics. If you aren't an INTJ, you're welcome to join anyway if you would like to learn more about this personality type or participate in our discussions. Registration is free and will allow you to post messages, see hidden subforums, customize your account and use other features only available to our members.

bobabrowncoat

2016 eNTee Awards!

Starting now, I need some nominations and categories for video game awards. I don't want any "Best Graphics", "Best Sound", "Best Gameplay" crap. Every video game news site does that. I want some fun and unusual ones. Here's what I got so far.

The Just Five More Minutes Award for the game that made you lose track of time the most this year.
The REKT Award for the game that you sunk more more PvP energy into. (Not just time, the game that got your blood boiling.)
The Kawaii Senpai Desu Award (yes, I know that makes no sense) for the game that made you feel the most for a character. (Not just Japanese games.)
The Y'All Got Any More of Them Pixels Award for the best old school, low rez or old style game. (Doesn't have to be 8-bit graphics, just not "modern" graphics you normally see from AAA developers.)
The Turn My Headphones Up Award for the game with the best music/sound you would listen to even if you weren't playing.

Feel free to suggest another category. I'll pick 5 more so we have 10 total categories and then we can start suggesting games.

I think I made another thread like this last year, but it's too late to go searching. 

2016 was not a very impressive year in terms of video games for me. Last year I had The Witcher 3 to be happy about and, in a very different style, I remember that I also was enthusiastic about Toad Treasure Tracker. This year there were some cool games of course, but nothing I want to rave about.

My Just Five More Minutes Award would be for Darkest Dungeon, although it barely made it into 2016 since I think I bought it on the 31th of December. Still, I was late to my New Years Eve "party" because of it so it counts. There's an honorable mention somewhere for Beholder, but ultimately it's a game you can finish way more quickly.

My REKT Award is of course Overwatch, but there isn't much competition here since it's the only PvP game I played (unless you count Hearthstone).

I will add:

My More of the same, please award goes to the Hearts of Stone expansion for The Witcher 3, even though the beginning of the main quest irritated me somewhat. Honorable mention to The Little Ones for This War of mine but honestly the game was already so good without it... The Little Ones made it DIFFERENT rather than better.

My Banished didn't have enough spaceships award goes to Planetbase. Yes, that is a VERY specific award.

My I want to play this, but I'm too scared to award goes to Rimworld and Inside. Again, I think it's self-explanatory.

I'd vote Dark Souls 3 for the soundtrack at the very least, I haven't even played it yet.

Best Deal award: For the best bang for your buck, whether you got it on sale or full price. Free/F2P games don't count.
My Recommendation award: For the game that most people may not know about.
Best Buddy award: Because co-op is still king.

On 12/31/2016 at 1:35 AM, bobabrowncoat said:

The Just Five More Minutes Award for the game that made you lose track of time the most this year.
The REKT Award for the game that you sunk more more PvP energy into. (Not just time, the game that got your blood boiling.)
The Kawaii Senpai Desu Award (yes, I know that makes no sense) for the game that made you feel the most for a character. (Not just Japanese games.)
The Y'All Got Any More of Them Pixels Award for the best old school, low rez or old style game. (Doesn't have to be 8-bit graphics, just not "modern" graphics you normally see from AAA developers.)
The Turn My Headphones Up Award for the game with the best music/sound you would listen to even if you weren't playing.

J5MMA: Goes to The Binding of Isaac which I have sunk many hours trying to get all the achievements.

REKT: Overwatch

KWSA: Undertale

TAGAMoTP: Undertale

TMHUA: sigh

Do Hearts of Stone, and Undertale count? Those are both 2015. Binding if Isaac is 2011 but I know there was an expansion at some point.

Or did you mean Blood and Wine @Seablue? (although I agree HoS is the best expansion)

BoI had updates in 2016 and 2017.  I very rarely get a game when it first comes out.  I usually hop around from old to new.

10 hours ago, eminentThymine said:

Do Hearts of Stone, and Undertale count? Those are both 2015. Binding if Isaac is 2011 but I know there was an expansion at some point.

Or did you mean Blood and Wine @Seablue? (although I agree HoS is the best expansion)

True, HoS was released in October 2015, I just checked, but I think I mostly played it in January 2016. Blood and Wine I've only really started to play yesterday. There's typically a delay before I'm in the right headspace+material conditions to really immerse myself into this game.

I think I played the base game itself as soon as it came out, but then 80 hours in I was interrupted by various events and then couldn't get back into it until months later. And as I see it now, ultimately people who waited have gotten to play with a much better inventory than what we had at first (not to mention buying it at half price or less, but I don't mind giving money for that game). So there's really no point in rushing to play at release.

This reminds me that I didn't get an Award to Firewatch even though I loved it. Oops. Well, a lot more people know about this one.

My Recommendation award: For the game that most people may not know about.

This one for me would be Submerged. It's a short, very peaceful, contemplative exploration/storytelling game, so not something of interest for many people. But it was really an immersive beautiful experience to me.

Submerged_Screenshot_04.jpg

Submerged_Screenshot_10.jpg

Submerged_Screenshot_05.jpg

The games don't need to have been released in 2016. You just need to have played it.

I like My Recommendation, Best Deal, and I Want to Play This, But I'm Too Scared To. So, I'll add those.

Well, then I'd like to recommend "Thief II: The Metal Age" for the "Y'All Got Any More of Them Pixels Award" and the "My Recommendation" award.