Welcome to INTJ Forum

This is a community where INTJs can meet others with similar personalities and discuss a wide variety of both serious and casual topics. If you aren't an INTJ, you're welcome to join anyway if you would like to learn more about this personality type or participate in our discussions. Registration is free and will allow you to post messages, see hidden subforums, customize your account and use other features only available to our members.

Mattandsuch

Mass Effect: Andromeda

62 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

18 hours ago, Mattandsuch said:

I have the same problem with mine! I have tried everyone, nothing. Except for dudes, including the engineer, are REALLY driving hard for the goal. Cora, Lexi, none of them seem even slightly open. Dudes tho, all over my shit, 

take this with a grain of salt... but there have been accusations of andromeda having been designed explicitly to promote a social agenda (to include promoting same-sex romances more than hetero romances, and romances from the female perspective, both gay and straight, above that of romances from the straight male perspective).

course with little hard evidence to support such accusations, the retort is easily predictable (that which is asserted without proof can be disregarded without proof, after all).  regardless though, i think some decent points are raised, but... im more inclined to attribute the source of these criticisms to naivety, inexperience, and lack of the self-awareness concerning the motivations behind one's actions that comes with said lack of experience, rather than maliciousness or willful intent (after all, since the mass exodus of the original dev team following EA's meddling with ME3 after the ending was leaked prior to the game's release, the andromeda team was composed largely of folks who have quite literally never worked on a AAA title before in their lives).

Please login or register to see this link.

Please login or register to see this link.

Edited by Shadeylark

Dude please don't go all gamergate re: mass effect. You're not a victim any more than anyone else. Come down off that cross. 

The romance options are so cringey that I'm avoiding them for both sexes.

Posted (edited)

Environments and effects look amazing, especially in HDR.

Humanoid characters look pretty bad, especially compared to prior Mass Effect games.  Turian/Krogan look basically the same as they have in the past, no idea what went wrong here.

Story had great potential, but its execution is just underwhelming.  Most of the game systems just aren't compelling.  Things like viability, item crafting, combat abilities....everything just seems to watered down and non-impactful.

Probably a 5-6/10 if you're a fan of the IP.  Otherwise there's better stuff to focus on.

Edited by icon41gimp

On 3/31/2017 at 10:31 AM, Shadeylark said:

take this with a grain of salt... but there have been accusations of andromeda having been designed explicitly to promote a social agenda (to include promoting same-sex romances more than hetero romances, and romances from the female perspective, both gay and straight, above that of romances from the straight male perspective).

On one hand, I'm happy that Bioware was one of the first companies to normalize LGBT relationships in the game industry. It used to be we got excited if we could get a male character with so much as a belly-shirt (thank you Final Fantasy), nevermind acknowledging that there are relationships outside of heterosexual monogamy.

Now...you can bang all the dudes in Mass Effect, farming simulator Stardew Valley actually lets you romance a long list of potential homosexual mates to move into your family farm, and Fire Emblem allows you to romance, seduce, marry, and "pet" (via a creepy Nintendo 3DS function) one of your male assassins. It's serious progress.

Please login or register to see this image. /applications/core/interface/imageproxy/imageproxy.php?img=https://thumbs.mic.com/Zjc0ZjY2NWNhMSMvbDB5clMydU5WYTVBRjA1SFFzTUlqOW9CMFQwPS81eDI1OjMyNTF4MjEyMS85MDB4NTgxL2ZpbHRlcnM6cXVhbGl0eSg3MCkvaHR0cDovL3MzLmFtYXpvbmF3cy5jb20vcG9saWN5bWljLWltYWdlcy96d21iMmloZWtzem9tend0cmZvNGs3Zm9xNGEyYzB0ZHRuOHdmd2Nsd21mZXhvM2hmeDBpMmZmcndwbzVtbmJqLmpwZw.jpg&key=0e16f7a57ed41b71474d69cf0c7d89967deb4d94f86414d95449e677e82311bf" />

Even Zelda: Breath of the Wild is surprisingly LGBT-friendly, between the crossdressing Gerudo sequence, gay double-entendres laced throughout, and the glorious fabulousness that is Prince Sidon.

...you literally ride him bareback into combat.

---

On the other hand...

...Bioware portrays said relationships hideously. Most $10 dating-simulators made by a few people have better relationships than Bioware's mega-millions AAA games. Maybe it's a little too much to expect what is now a wing of the EA corporate monster to understand human relationships.

Bioware's relationship-system was really cool back when KOTOR came out 14 years ago. Now it's just painful to endure.

14 minutes ago, Mattandsuch said:

I miss kotor, there I said it. 

dude that's like the most common bioware opinion ever 

15 hours ago, catzama said:

dude that's like the most common bioware opinion ever 

I miss Black Isle Studios.

On 4/3/2017 at 3:59 AM, Mattandsuch said:

I miss kotor, there I said it. 

Meeeh, have you tried playing it recently. I did the previous year. As good as my memories were, it really didn't age well.

On 4/4/2017 at 10:05 AM, IreOfDesire said:

Meeeh, have you tried playing it recently. I did the previous year. As good as my memories were, it really didn't age well.

when you already know the big plot reveal, it changes things.

kinda like how the big "i am your father" moment in empire lost alot of its punch the second time you saw it.

3 hours ago, Shadeylark said:

when you already know the big plot reveal, it changes things.

kinda like how the big "i am your father" moment in empire lost alot of its punch the second time you saw it.

Or the 30th time...

The physics in this game can be rather funny sometimes. This happened to me earlier tonight: