Welcome to INTJ Forum

This is a community where INTJs can meet others with similar personalities and discuss a wide variety of both serious and casual topics. If you aren't an INTJ, you're welcome to join anyway if you would like to learn more about this personality type or participate in our discussions. Registration is free and will allow you to post messages, see hidden subforums, customize your account and use other features only available to our members.

FeriaKaiser

Can you be racist to white people?

160 posts in this topic

Hey guys, so I recently made a thread about white privilege and I've been watching a lot of "Sjw's get rekt" compilations on youtube. I was thinking, is it ok to make racist jokes against white people? is it ok to say "white people get this and that" "white people did this" "white people don't get what we go through"? 

My personal opinion is that I'd never go up to a white dude and say these jokes unless I knew him well enough. I'd never tell a white guy he got something just because he was white or privileged (unless it was literally so). I do feel like certain things white people in america don't have to deal with that colored kids from immigrant families do. some would say that being black in america is a thing, but I can't say whether it is or isn't because I'm a southeast asian guy who grew up around other asians and latinos in the bay area. but white people can be broke, homeless, born into a shitty environment just like anyone else. so I don't think being white makes you god. white people are human too.

but, I feel like it's a pretty open ended question. and putting my opinion aside, how do you guys feel about the whole thing? Lord knows we have a lot of white people on this forum lol

only if they were a minority, 

for example in asian countries they call white people,

gwai, or ghost.

and to their face too.

just like how a white person might walk past a negro and mutter "nigger"

doing it in a place where you insult 90% of the population is going to go downhill quickly.

Edited by king con

Racism is about the systemic disenfranchisement of a particular subset of people, this being propelled by an agenda against certain aesthetic qualities. Racism manipulates, and thus triggers the individual's somewhat inherent cognitive bias, rendering them prejudiced; this is done through the exploitation of our tribalistic inclinations.

Furthermore, races do not actually exist; it has been scientifically refuted time and time again. Racism also breaches ethical convention, whilst also disregarding the ethical aphorism of "ought implies can". The divide of the races has been used by many to manipulate the masses into a mindset of unmitigated prejudice that serves towards an ideal of oppression; this, as you can probably deduce, is clearly conducive to a more easily exploitable group of people in a society wherein we find an imbalance of powers; the creation of different social classes, where the dehumanized individuals therein can be used for whatever need may arise, based on context, of course.

The belittling of an individual through the use of race, then, can be clearly categorized as unethical and rather odious in nature. It would not matter whether that was in reference to a white, black, or brown person. Making any such distinction would, in itself, become a racist insinuation.

1 minute ago, king con said:

gwai, or ghost.

and to their face too.

Ah, a spin on the classic "minorities can't be racist" argument. So can a society's elite, who just so happen to be white, act in a racist fashion towards the rest of the population which we'll say, for the sake of this hypothetical, are black? The abstraction of an aesthetic ideal pertains to power dynamics, which doesn't necessarily rely on numbers.

11 minutes ago, NSchet said:

Racism is about the systemic disenfranchisement of a particular subset of people, this being propelled by an agenda against certain aesthetic qualities. Racism manipulates, and thus triggers the individual's somewhat inherent cognitive bias, rendering them prejudiced; this is done through the exploitation of our tribalistic inclinations.

Furthermore, races do not actually exist; it has been scientifically refuted time and time again. Racism also breaches ethical convention, whilst also disregarding the ethical aphorism of "ought implies can". The divide of the races has been used by many to manipulate the masses into a mindset of unmitigated prejudice that serves towards an ideal of oppression; this, as you can probably deduce, is clearly conducive to a more easily exploitable group of people in a society wherein we find an imbalance of powers; the creation of different social classes, where the dehumanized individuals therein can be used for whatever need may arise, based on context, of course.

The belittling of an individual through the use of race, then, can be clearly categorized as unethical and rather odious in nature. It would not matter whether that was in reference to a white, black, or brown person. Making any such distinction would, in itself, become a racist insinuation.

Ah, a spin on the classic "minorities can't be racist" argument. So can a society's elite, who just so happen to be white, act in a racist fashion towards the rest of the population which we'll say, for the sake of this hypothetical, are black? The abstraction of an aesthetic ideal pertains to power dynamics, which doesn't necessarily rely on numbers.

fair point, 

but how do you explain poor non elite majority people still being racist to their black leader?

the only thing i can think of is they are used to black people being minority or wielding less power and influence?

but then why does the changing of the population of the changing of power balance still promote racism.

perhaps the true answer to the question,

What makes someone a racist people?

is simply,

"Being a butt hole"

you could probably say a group of people with higher percentages of "buttholes" would be more likely to display racism to others.

Edited by king con

2 hours ago, king con said:

but how do you explain poor non elite majority people still being racist to their black leader?

Poor, non-elite majorities are usually manipulated by their leaders into being racist, as a means for all sorts of hidden incentives. A society wherein the majority is racist would not grant the privilege of power to a supposedly "inferior" individual, hence the argument of belittlement, and the blatant creation of new social classes that are obfuscated under contextually defined nomenclature that includes terms like "superior" and "inferior". These are conducive to the imbalance of powers.

Edited by NSchet

2 minutes ago, NSchet said:

Poor, non-elite majorities are usually manipulated by their leaders into being racist, as a means for all sorts of hidden incentives. A society wherein the majority is racist would not grant the privilege of power to a supposedly "inferior" individual, thus bringing back the argument of belittlement, and the blatant creation of new social classes that are obfuscated under contextually defined nomenclature that includes terms like "superior" and "inferior". These are conducive to the imbalance of powers.

so this would also explain for example how masters treat serfs with the same kind of discrimination when they are both the same race?

2 hours ago, king con said:

so this would also explain for example how masters treat serfs with the same kind of discrimination when they are both the same race?

Race is just a tool that has been created for the sake of destabilization and manipulation. It exploits aesthetically prominent phenotypical traits.

The master treats the serf in a seemingly "discriminatory" manner due to the social dynamics that are at work in the given circumstances. The tool changes; the ideal that's being striven towards remains similar.

Edited by NSchet

Yes, you can be bigoted towards white people. Whether that's racism or not is irrelevant. Semantics are meaningless, intent is what matters.

"White" is not a racial term. White is a reference to absence and escape, to nothingness, spinelessness, people who literally and figuratively deserted clay and dust in favor of fertile highland. White is abstract and has no racial significance. People who are effectively attributed as 'white', they're an infusion of global deserters who historically short circuited in Europe, the product of incessant jews and imperialists, novices and authorities, this eartly process still echos on, now featuring Israelites and Palestinians, "barbarians at the gate".

Racism is bad regardless who is doing the discrimination and who is getting discriminated against. 

And yes, racism towards white people is possible.

In fact, some countries have a history of racism and ethnic cleansing of whites. Search what happened during Haiti's independence, what Jean Jacques Dessalines did to the white French population, even to the whites that helped the Haitians in their revolution. Not even the white children and women were spared the torture and mass genocide.

In fact, the Haitian flag is based off the French flag, but Dessalines ripped out the white band to symbolize the exclusion of the whites in Haitian society. From 1804 until the late 1910's, Haiti's constitution clearly prohibited whites from forming a part of Haiti. The only reason the segregation against whites was removed was because the US invaded in 1915 and the Marines themselves removed the prohibition from the constitution.

Even today there is an implicit understanding in Haitian society that whites should never have the political power in Haiti.

Anyone interested should read this book: http://www.press.uchicago.edu/Misc/Chicago/675831.html

Edited by Tito

Yeah, duh.

...... added to this post 4 minutes later:

There you go (I recommend you speed up the video, this guy speaks slow af) :thumbsup:

Yeah, of course. Just because a relatively small, and different, community is very often victim of racism by a bigger community, this doesn't imply that some persons of that community don't do the same to the members of the other community.

I prefer to go out and beat white guys and kick them in the head while they are on the ground. That way they cant call me racist. I am white. That way I can do my thing and be my self. The good guy I am.

11 hours ago, king con said:

gwai, or ghost.

and to their face too.

Right, I lived in Japan and visited other parts of Asia frequently for over a decade and experienced quite a bit of racism. The worst was probably in Hawaii though.

On ‎12‎/‎30‎/‎2016 at 6:46 AM, king con said:

doing it in a place where you insult 90% of the population is going to go downhill quickly.

You mean 'can't be racist' without getting beat up.  But that only works in all other countries, where the majority population doesn't hate themselves.  You can be super racist against whites--as so many US blacks obviously are--here in the US.  Whites fear to respond.

Whites who acknowledge the existence of non-white racism are called racists.

Non-whites who acknowledgethe existence of non-white racism are called traitors.

Ignorance and the inability to see things from the other side are what fuel things like this.

1 minute ago, poizon said:

Ignorance and the inability to see things from the other side are what fuel things like this.

The assumption being that you are identical to them.

3 minutes ago, thod said:

The assumption being that you are identical to them.

I don't understand what you're saying. It's all history, identity, and perception in my opinion.

it would be idiotic to say that only whites can be racist.

Well I for example am what is called a p-zombie. Although I may give all the outward appearance of being a human just like you, I have no inner experience. It is all just automatic cause and effect for me.

So it's not racist, if a person of a certain minority, who live in my area, tells me that he is allergic to my kind, that we are retarded idiots, that we are only good for one thing: go to work, so that they have their social support.

Good to know.

On 12/30/2016 at 11:28 AM, An Hero said:

Yeah, duh.

...... added to this post 4 minutes later:

There you go (I recommend you speed up the video, this guy speaks slow af) :thumbsup:

Thanks for the video. I had wondered when the definition changed and this will be helpful in creating a dialogue when dealing with certain types (mostly whites) who try to handwaive "micro-racism/bigotry" away by attempting to clarify their definition of macroracism/systemic oppression. 

We must also go beyond white and black when discussing these topics, as that adds another layer of complexity to the mix that is often ignored. 

Uh, duh... Anybody who thinks otherwise is obviously an unsocially aware idiot who lacks sociological perspective.