Welcome to INTJ Forum

This is a community where INTJs can meet others with similar personalities and discuss a wide variety of both serious and casual topics. If you aren't an INTJ, you're welcome to join anyway if you would like to learn more about this personality type or participate in our discussions. Registration is free and will allow you to post messages, see hidden subforums, customize your account and use other features only available to our members.

Kprog

The Most Disgusting Foods You've Eaten

181 posts in this topic

What are the most disgusting foods you have eaten?

For me:

Lutefisk - Those of you with Scandinavian heritage or live in the Upper Midwest are probably familiar with this dish. I was forced to eat it during Christmas time, and it does not become easier to eat. Gelatinous fish is gross. Even with the dill sauce which coats some of the flavor, it is still bad.

Surströmming - It means sour herring in Swedish and is another dish that tastes rancid. It ferments for six months and is very acidic. It smells like a landfill, it tastes like acid, salt, and bitterness, and it is another dish I was forced to eat. At least with lutefisk, it went down easy. This does not.

Ham (and a majority of pork products) - Never liked it. Never will.

Spam - No. Just no.

Ranch Dressing - Working at a cafeteria turned me off of it completely. Even the smell makes me nauseous.

Rocky Mountain Oysters - I hated them when I tried them. I hated them more when I found out what they were.

Augratin Potatoes (specifically my paternal grandmother's) - I don't know what she does to them, but they are awful.

I really hate canned peaches. Seriously, I practically throw up anytime I get a whiff of them. I blame it on how the big dumpsters in my grade school years would have leftover canned peaches dumped in them, and they'd be baking in the hot sun for days. We'd have to stand in line to buy lunch by those dumpsters. I'd gag each time I bought lunch and would always hold my nose. (Luckily my parents usually didn't have me buy lunch.) Regardless, canned peaches equal hot garbage to me and trigger very persistent gag reflexes.

1. Canned peas--the off-color ones. Yuck, I can do without them. The color, the texture, the smell, everything is just wrong. For some reason I equate canned peas with baby poop. It's the most positive comparison I can make.

2. Fermented eggs from Thailand. They ferment them for about 8 months and then serve them as a delicacy. Just the smell of them makes me puke.

Oysters. Tried one and it reminded me of this time a sketchy dude pushed his tongue as far down my throat as he could. And all the while you know you're going to digest this alive. I've been told I ate it the wrong way but I won't repeat the experience. No thanks.

On a related note I got food poisoning from clams, which is my worst food experience ever, but generally speaking I love fresh raw clams.

Brocoli. Actually I love it and it was delicious... until I realized it was covered in insects :blank:

4 hours ago, Kprog said:

Surströmming - It means sour herring in Swedish and is another dish that tastes rancid. It ferments for six months and is very acidic. It smells like a landfill, it tastes like acid, salt, and bitterness, and it is another dish I was forced to eat. At least with lutefisk, it went down easy. This does not.

You poor poor soul lol. Did they at least serve it to you in the proper way (open the can under water and serve only small pieces eaten with potato and sauce)? 

For anyone not familiar with this awful food, this is all the info you need.. 

3 hours ago, Nemesis said:

You poor poor soul lol. Did they at least serve it to you in the proper way (open the can under water and serve only small pieces eaten with potato and sauce)? 

For anyone not familiar with this awful food, this is all the info you need.. 

They did serve it the proper way, but regardless of procedure, it still tasted awful...

I forgot one. Sweet pickles. 

Never actually put them in my body but pork rinds smell horrible and I watched a video the demonstrated the process of producing that miasma. Bovine liver is probably the food I dislike the most. My mother would cook that aweful shit once a week. 

Idk, stuck between the weird shit my brothers tricked me into eating when younger (probably raw muktuk or fish eyes or something) or those nasty egg rolls served in elementary school cafeterias. I've heard the egg rolls are much better now.

...... added to this post 2 minutes later:

This foie gras from this restaurant in Seattle was pretty nasty too.

Guacamole!!! Fuck guacamole and fuck avacados! I'd rather have a homeless meth head shit in my taco! 

Escargots.... :sick:

I used to like them...then bit into an especially juicy one, nearly fainted as I really thought about what the hell I was eating. Spat it out, chucked the rest away (perfectly wonderful garlicky escargots, too!), and have never eaten one since. 

Marmite. Say no more.

Any tinned 'meat'. 

Link sausages. :yuck:

Veal. *boak*

...... added to this post 2 minutes later:

Duck. Too 'wild' and strong. Oily. 

Pheasant. Same thing...really nasty. 

Game of all kind. Walked into a British game butchers once....the overpowering stench of blood from various birds and forest creatures. Unforgettable. Walked in one door, then out the other. I remember black dried blood and feathers.....dead animals hanging upside down....florid-faced Englishmen with stained aprons. 

Yeah....nope. 

Edited by Madden

I can't think of anything I've ever really disliked other than Vegemite.  And I don't even know if I tried it - maybe it was just the smell (my dad used to eat it).  I would call it "Poop spread" as a kid.

I suppose I may not have had any weird/awful cultural foods that people tend to hate.  I've had a few animal body parts, but liked them.  I've eaten bug larvae in deep fried cream cheese, which was fine (tasted like cream cheese).  

I'm pretty open to trying strange foods.  I just like everything.

...... added to this post 12 minutes later:

2 hours ago, Madden said:

Escargots.... :sick:

I looooove escargots.  It's one of my favorites.  I buy it in any restaurant I see it in and used to buy cases of canned escargots on Amazon (then they raised the price ridiculously) to cook up with garlic butter and brandy.  Mmmm.

Stuffed cabbage when I was a kid.

Hamburger and rice filling wrapped in cabbage leaves, boiled in canned tomatoes...

The limp, slimy cabbage leaves drenched in limp, slimy tomatoes are the most disgusting thing that has ever entered my alimentary canal. 

I'm sure there are grosser things out there, but I am not seeking them out.

Natto.  Taste and consistency as if you fed soybeans to someone, then made them throw up after an hour.

I'm sure someone would mention liver. But veal liver is sooooo delicious :heart::heart:

Also, I'm from the region of France most famous for its escargots, and that is the ONE AND ONLY food I am allergic too. Somehow. :blank: Also, it always amuses me that they're called escargots in English when really that's just the word for "snails". You could just say snails, but no, must make it sound French. :p

A salted egg in China.  That was horrible.

Beats - one of the few foods that will induce me to vomit.

Pretty much any kind of beans.

Seal meat. Some people say it's not fishy, but it's fucking fishy. Now seal liver is definitely the best liver.

36 minutes ago, Seablue said:

I'm sure someone would mention liver. But veal liver is sooooo delicious :heart::heart:

Also, I'm from the region of France most famous for its escargots, and that is the ONE AND ONLY food I am allergic too. Somehow. :blank: Also, it always amuses me that they're called escargots in English when really that's just the word for "snails". You could just say snails, but no, must make it sound French. :p

We know it means 'snails'. I'd just as soon call them 'slugs in shells'....because that's what they are. Don't care what they're called, or in which language....freaking repulsive. Le yuck . 

Edited by Madden

49 minutes ago, Kisai said:

Natto.  Taste and consistency as if you fed soybeans to someone, then made them throw up after an hour.

Is that the dish where the beans string out?

16 minutes ago, Madden said:

I'd just as soon call them 'slugs in shells'....because that's what they are. Don't care what they're called, or in which language....freaking repulsive. Le yuck . 

Yeah, can't seem to swallow escargot. Something about their muddy flavour prevents this.

5 hours ago, Madden said:

the overpowering stench of blood from various birds and forest creatures. Unforgettable. Walked in one door, then out the other. I remember black dried blood and feathers.....dead animals hanging upside down....florid-faced Englishmen with stained aprons. 

You just described my last date. 

2 hours ago, Kprog said:

Is that the dish where the beans string out?

In a nasty, cheese-like, consistency.

15 hours ago, Kprog said:

Augratin Potatoes (specifically my paternal grandmother's) - I don't know what she does to them, but they are awful.

:laugh: we used to joke "potatoes awgg - rotten!"