Welcome to INTJ Forum

This is a community where INTJs can meet others with similar personalities and discuss a wide variety of both serious and casual topics. If you aren't an INTJ, you're welcome to join anyway if you would like to learn more about this personality type or participate in our discussions. Registration is free and will allow you to post messages, see hidden subforums, customize your account and use other features only available to our members.

Teybo

Open Extended Jungian Type Scales (OEJTS)

46 posts in this topic

Introversion (I)  Extroversion (E)

Introversion-Extroversion is your cognitive orientation. Introverts centre themselves inside their bodies. Extroverts centre their attention outside their bodies. Your score on I-E was -1.25 (scores range from -2 to 2) which indicates that you are introverted (with high confidence) [less]

Sensing (S)  Intuition (N)

Sensing-Intuition is the first pair of cognitive functions and the preference for how your prefer to be served information; through the five senses or from the subconscious. Your score on S-N was 1.25 (scores range from -2 to 2) which indicates that you are an intuitive (with high confidence) [less]

Feeling (F)  Thinking (T)

Feeling-Thinking is the second pair of cognitive functions, the judging functions, which are used to evaluate goals; either through personal values or objective principles. Your score on F-T was 0.625 (scores range from -2 to 2) which indicates that you are a thinker (with medium confidence) [less]

Judging (J)  Perceiving (P)

Judging-Perceiving is what pair of cognitive functions your prefer to use; Judging is a preference for a structured lifestyle and the use of feeling and thinking while perceiving is the preference for a flexible lifestyle and the use of sensing and intuition. Your score on J-P was -0.625 (scores range from -2 to 2) which indicates that you are a judger (with medium confidence) [less]

When combined, that makes your personality type INTJ.

...... added to this post 12 minutes later:

On 12/28/2016 at 7:56 PM, ness2361 said:

I'll see if the numbers change when I am off most medications.

Also, I'll see if the numbers change after a long stretch of Dharma practice, if I'm interested in these tests after a long stretch of Dharma practice.

Interestingly enough, I test INFP when my estrogen is high and INTJ the rest of the month. 

I think for those of us in the medium ranges external influences can definitely cause a flip.  I'd like that not to be the case, but there it is.

Still INTJ and everything is "with high confidence".

1 minute ago, Brandugh said:

INFP, now that's a significant first....apparently when working a lot with no time off I get squishy.

http://personality-testing.info/tests/OEJTS/results.php?r=2.125,3.75,2.25,4.375

I got INFP the first time I took it, as well.  Not sure how valid the test is, but I do prefer the way the questions are worded as opposed to the others.  Simple format and no need to analyze too much.

As I've told acquaintances, the lens through which we answer these questions will alter the results. The first go-around I answered as I would have responded to those situations today, however this retake was through the lens of how I usually respond...confirmation bias perhaps? ;) 

Spoiler

Since my entire sense of self-worth is based on my being an INTJ, that is absolutely who I must be ;-P 

I-medium confidence
N-medium confidence
T-high confidence
J-high confidence

http://personality-testing.info/tests/OEJTS/results.php?r=2.25,3.5,4.5,1.375

Introversion-Extroversion is your cognitive orientation. Introverts centre themselves inside their bodies. Extroverts centre their attention outside their bodies. Your score on I-E was -1.5 (scores range from -2 to 2) which indicates that you are introverted (with high confidence) [less] 

Sensing-Intuition is the first pair of cognitive functions and the preference for how your prefer to be served information; through the five senses or from the subconscious. Your score on S-N was 0.375 (scores range from -2 to 2) which indicates that you are an intuitive (with low confidence) [less] 

Feeling-Thinking is the second pair of cognitive functions, the judging functions, which are used to evaluate goals; either through personal values or objective principles. Your score on F-T was -0.375 (scores range from -2 to 2) which indicates that you are a feeler (with low confidence) [less] 

Judging-Perceiving is what pair of cognitive functions your prefer to use; Judging is a preference for a structured lifestyle and the use of feeling and thinking while perceiving is the preference for a flexible lifestyle and the use of sensing and intuition. Your score on J-P was 1.375 (scores range from -2 to 2) which indicates that you are a perceiver (with high confidence) [less] 

When combined, this makes your personality type INFP

------

Well, this falls in line with how some people are typing me. I am starting to settle on INFP with a strong T. I resonate with both INFP and INTP profiles, and seem to be a combination of the two. I wonder if the difference is situational where I adapt or change my behaviors to what is happening or who I am around. 

1 hour ago, Brandugh said:

As I've told acquaintances, the lens through which we answer these questions will alter the results. The first go-around I answered as I would have responded to those situations today, however this retake was through the lens of how I usually respond...confirmation bias perhaps? ;) 

Reveal hidden contents

Since my entire sense of self-worth is based on my being an INTJ, that is absolutely who I must be ;-P 

I-medium confidence
N-medium confidence
T-high confidence
J-high confidence

http://personality-testing.info/tests/OEJTS/results.php?r=2.25,3.5,4.5,1.375

Why do you want to be any particular type?  And why INTJ? 

I had hoped my wink implied it as a joke, which was my intention.

I, high confidence

N, high confidence

F, medium confidence

J, high confidence

Page 2 was fun!

Spoiler

Introversion-Extroversion is your cognitive orientation. Introverts centre themselves inside their bodies. Extroverts centre their attention outside their bodies. Your score on I-E was -1.375 (scores range from -2 to 2) which indicates that you are introverted (with high confidence) [less]

Sensing-Intuition is the first pair of cognitive functions and the preference for how your prefer to be served information; through the five senses or from the subconscious. Your score on S-N was -0.625 (scores range from -2 to 2) which indicates that you are a sensor (with medium confidence) [less]

Feeling-Thinking is the second pair of cognitive functions, the judging functions, which are used to evaluate goals; either through personal values or objective principles. Your score on F-T was 0.625 (scores range from -2 to 2) which indicates that you are a thinker (with medium confidence) [less]

Judging-Perceiving is what pair of cognitive functions your prefer to use; Judging is a preference for a structured lifestyle and the use of feeling and thinking while perceiving is the preference for a flexible lifestyle and the use of sensing and intuition. Your score on J-P was 1 (scores range from -2 to 2) which indicates that you are a perceiver (with high confidence) [less]

Thought some of the questions on the second page were kind of weird. Not sure that eating lots of doughnuts or decorating your walls can be linked to specific personality traits.

Screen%20Shot%202017-01-05%20at%209.51.2

Spoiler

Introversion-Extroversion is your cognitive orientation. Introverts centre themselves inside their bodies. Extroverts centre their attention outside their bodies. Your score on I-E was -0.75 (scores range from -2 to 2) which indicates that you are introverted (with medium confidence) [less] 

Sensing-Intuition is the first pair of cognitive functions and the preference for how your prefer to be served information; through the five senses or from the subconscious. Your score on S-N was 0.125 (scores range from -2 to 2) which indicates that you are an intuitive (with low confidence) [less] 

Feeling-Thinking is the second pair of cognitive functions, the judging functions, which are used to evaluate goals; either through personal values or objective principles. Your score on F-T was 0.75 (scores range from -2 to 2) which indicates that you are a thinker (with medium confidence) [less] 

Judging-Perceiving is what pair of cognitive functions your prefer to use; Judging is a preference for a structured lifestyle and the use of feeling and thinking while perceiving is the preference for a flexible lifestyle and the use of sensing and intuition. Your score on J-P was -1.125 (scores range from -2 to 2) which indicates that you are a judger (with high confidence) [less] 

Spoiler

INTJs are analytical. Like INTPs, they are most comfortable working alone and tend to be less sociable than other types. Nevertheless, INTJs are prepared to lead if no one else seems up to the task, or if they see a major weakness in the current leadership. They tend to be pragmatic, logical, and creative. They have a low tolerance for spin or rampant emotionalism. They are not generally susceptible to catchphrases and do not recognize authority based on tradition, rank, or title. 

Hallmarks of the INTJ include independence of thought and a desire for efficiency. They work best when given autonomy and creative freedom. They harbor an innate desire to express themselves by conceptualizing their own intellectual designs. They have a talent for analyzing and formulating complex theories. INTJs are generally well-suited for occupations within academia, research, consulting, management, science, engineering, and law. They are often acutely aware of their own knowledge and abilities—as well as their limitations and what they don't know (a quality that tends to distinguish them from INTPs). INTJs thus develop a strong confidence in their ability and talents, making them natural leaders. 

In forming relationships, INTJs tend to seek out others with similar character traits and ideologies. Agreement on theoretical concepts is an important aspect of their relationships. By nature INTJs can be demanding in their expectations, and approach relationships in a rational manner. As a result, INTJs may not always respond to a spontaneous infatuation but wait for a mate who better fits their set criteria. They tend to be stable, reliable, and dedicated. Harmony in relationships and home life tends to be extremely important to them. They generally withhold strong emotion and do not like to waste time with what they consider irrational social rituals. This may cause non-INTJs to perceive them as distant and reserved; nevertheless, INTJs are usually very loyal partners who are prepared to commit substantial energy and time into a relationship to make it work. 

As mates, INTJs want harmony and order in the home and in relationships. The most independent of all types, INTJs trust their intuition when choosing friends and mates—even in spite of contradictory evidence or pressure from others. The emotions of an INTJ are hard to read, and neither male nor female INTJs are apt to express emotional reactions. At times, INTJs seem cold, reserved, and unresponsive, while in fact they are almost hypersensitive to signals of rejection from those they care for. In social situations, INTJs may also be unresponsive and may neglect small rituals designed to put others at ease. For example, INTJs may communicate that idle dialogue such as small talk is a waste of time. This may create the impression that the INTJ is in a hurry—an impression that is not always intended. In their interpersonal relationships, INTJs are usually better in a working situation than in a recreational situation.

I -1.625 (high confidence)
N 0.25 (low confidence)
T 1 (high confidence)
J -0.75 (medium confidence)

Okaaay... ehrm...

Complaint... (Like with all MBTI tests I took sofar).

(1.) Filling out test with buffer (which means [][x][][][]  OR [][][][x][]) => Rating as INFP

[I like INFP people... thing is... I just don't fit what they appear to be...]

(2.) Filling out test with NO BUFFER (which means [x][][][][]  OR  [][][][][x]) => Rating as INTJ)

[Funnily enough I once took a test from similarminds.com that told me: Youare: INTJ | YouWishyouWhere: ISTJ| U-like: INTJs)]

http://fs5.directupload.net/images/170110/q32rmpuy.gif

#Note#: Obviously it was only possible to keep the 1st set of questions true, the second set changed (and I was too lazy to retake the test until it finally shows me the same set [if ever]).

BTW: What does this "confidence" [less] stand for ? The precision of the prediction ?

Edited by dai

43 minutes ago, dai said:

#Note#: Obviously it was only possible to keep the 1st set of questions true, the second set changed (and I was too lazy to retake the test until it finally shows me the same set [if ever]).

BTW: What does this "confidence" [less] stand for ? The precision of the prediction ?

The items on the second page are experimental items that they're trying out, and they aren't used in calculating your type.

The degree of "confidence" that you've been correctly typed (on that dimension) is just a function of how high your score was. And the official MBTI uses the same approach, labeling preferences "clear," "moderate" or "slight," and explaining that those labels indicate how confident you should be that you've been typed correctly, rather than (necessarily) being good indicators of the strength of that preference. 

1 hour ago, dai said:

Okaaay... ehrm...

Complaint... (Like with all MBTI tests I took sofar).

(1.) Filling out test with buffer (which means [][x][][][]  OR [][][][x][]) => Rating as INFP

[I like INFP people... thing is... I just don't fit what they appear to be...]

(2.) Filling out test with NO BUFFER (which means [x][][][][]  OR  [][][][][x]) => Rating as INTJ)

[Funnily enough I once took a test from similarminds.com that told me: Youare: INTJ | YouWishyouWhere: ISTJ| U-like: INTJs)]

http://fs5.directupload.net/images/170110/q32rmpuy.gif

I just confirmed that picking the "somewhat" option rather than the extreme option works as it should. For example, I picked the extreme option for every item that would give INFJ, and as expected, the results showed that each of my four preferences had the highest possible confidence (2 or -2) Then, I moved every item one step to the middle to make it a "somewhat" response. As expected, each of my four preferences had 1 or -1 as a result. Perhaps you weren't as careful as you thought you were when moving things from the extreme end response to the somewhat response.

In addition, as reckful said, the page 2 items are not included in the presented results. I just confirmed this by checking my result with and without the page 2 items. On page 1, I chose items that should result in INFJ with high confidence. On page 2, I chose items that I thought would be counter to a typical INFJ response. My responses on page 2 did not alter my results at all. Results were identical whether or not I answered the page 2 items.

That might make sense.. (however I'm quite sure I moved them along quite careful... the picture I attached should attest to that....)

But it is good to know the page 2 is not related to results (what is it related to ... then ?

@dai

Following your page 1 answers on your picture, I first put in the version with no somewhat answers and got:

http://personality-testing.info/tests/OEJTS/results.php?r=1.75,4,4.75,1

Then, again following the image you posted, I adjusted the answers you had moved to "somewhat" and got:

http://personality-testing.info/tests/OEJTS/results.php?r=1.875,3.625,4,1.25

Both of those are INTJ results, and in fact the confidence levels on each dimension clearly move toward the middle (weaker confidence) when the answers are adjusted to "somewhat" from the extreme ends, perfectly following the expected result such an action would have. Again, I am sure that you feel confident in what you were doing, but I can't replicate your results either through my own methods or by following what you claimed to have done.

As far as the purpose of the page 2 items, it is pretty typical for standardized measures to include "experimental" items that are not counted in the final tally, but whose responses can be compared to the "regular" items in order to evaluate whether the experimental items do a good job of sorting people. Basically, you can't know if a question is good at sorting people until you try to sort people with it who have also been sorted on some other matter (i.e., the regular items on page 1). It's possible that the creator of the OEJTS might conclude that one or more of the page 2 items are good enough to be included in the regualr set of items and count toward the final result.