Welcome to INTJ Forum

This is a community where INTJs can meet others with similar personalities and discuss a wide variety of both serious and casual topics. If you aren't an INTJ, you're welcome to join anyway if you would like to learn more about this personality type or participate in our discussions. Registration is free and will allow you to post messages, see hidden subforums, customize your account and use other features only available to our members.

NSchet

Parent's MBTI

32 posts in this topic

Dad: ESTJ 

Mom: ISFP

With my dad it has always a been a "My way or the highway" or "I'm always right" kind of relationship. Creating and maintaining order has been his deal. 

My mother has always been more laid back, spontaneous and fun. Growing up there were few times she would walk into my room in the morning and the conversation went as follows:

Mom: Do you feel like going to school today?

Me (half awake): No...

Mom: Good, because I don't feel like going to work. Go back to sleep. I'll wake you up later and then we can go see a movie. 

Me: Ok... Sounds good. 

Dad: ENTP

Mum: ESFJ (so yes, this supports your XSFJ theory)

(they are separated now, I needn't bother elaborating!)

My younger brother is an ENTJ. I believe I had something to do with that, being the irritable, logical older sister that I am, he learnt how to use his charm and intellect to persuade me to do things! 

Edited by lgz19

Mother ESFJ, Father ISTJ, brother ESFP.

Mum INFJ

Dad ESFP (even if his test result was ESFJ, but he just can't have the J and has a lot of Se)

My mother is the parent who more influenced and guided me, I guess that's the result.

My sister is also a Thinker, I don't know where all the Feeling is gone. 

Posted (edited)

ENTJ father ESFJ mother

ISTP brother

INTP me

Interestingly my Grandfather seemed to be INFP or INTP while his other sons were ISTP, ENTP, and his daughters mom ESFJ and ESTJ aunt

My mother used to say that I was grandfathers favourite grandson. We also seemed to have similar artistic ability. He was really an architect though, but he could paint pretty well despite never practicing or anything.

Edited by Cacao

Mum: ENFJ

Dad: ISTP

My sister is ENFJ too. I don't know my half-siblings well enough to judge. My father is a narcissist and we all kinda picked up some of his behaviours and tend to display them around each other. There's a lot of logic and prospecting happening. It's all a bit sad. I think my half sister is a sociopath. It's very difficult to understand what is happening with anyone under the surface.

My sons are ESFJ (eldest) and INTJ (youngest.)

ISTP dad, INTJ mum (who worked a lot), ISFJ aunt (whom I entrusted my feelings with to a large extent). 

Everything's about logic in the immediate family, though the father permits and understands sensory pleasures like good food and considers family gatherings important.