Welcome to INTJ Forum

This is a community where INTJs can meet others with similar personalities and discuss a wide variety of both serious and casual topics. If you aren't an INTJ, you're welcome to join anyway if you would like to learn more about this personality type or participate in our discussions. Registration is free and will allow you to post messages, see hidden subforums, customize your account and use other features only available to our members.

Velocitii

Pokemon Go

1,294 posts in this topic

Anybody here playing it?

I just downloaded it and spent my lunch break walking around looking like an idiot.

But I want to be the very best, like no one ever was,

To catch them is my real test,

To train them is my cause...

I'm gonna do it all over the place I don't give no fucks.

I'm waiting for the first person to get into some horrible accident because of it.

Finally. It is the best way to lure a lazy ass (me) to visit the outer world.

No GPS, down by the sea outside of my parents'.

This means: No Gyarados, for me.

:sulk:

Tried it without much success. Freezing up. Assuming server issues.

I'm gonna do it all over the place I don't give no fucks.

This.

My sister has been going on walks with me while I play. She keeps yelling at me. Like "That's somebody's yard!!" I'm always just like "I don't care! That's a horsea!" Lol. She's convinced I'm going to get shot.

The workaround works fine for me, but the servers are in a really bad way(with everyone playing at the same time I assume). Lots of freezing, failures to log in, etc. But some nice long walks and the typical "looking like an idiot" have been enjoyed as I've been playing so far.

I've caught 14 so far, and that was just from one trip walking around. The app is a little flaky at times, stops responding to touches.

Needs more battles.

We'll see how well it does past the initial launch. So far, though, it seems like it has potential to become Pokémon's most successful mobile app.

Which might not turn out to mean much; I mostly stick to the main game series, and so am somewhat ignorant about what's come before, mobile-wise.

(Also: was mildly intrigued, by how many others had known about and been playing this, before me. I'm behind most of the people I know...)

Edited by Suraj

I want to but I have no memory left on my phone and it is old as dust. I'm getting a new phone in a week or two and will play it with zero shame soon after.

Cool idea, anything that encourages people to be active. But I have no interest in playing it personally.

Shits and giggles on my end. I'm outdoors a lot. Nostalgia. I'm not one for mobile games, either.

Oh, and I got a psyduck. First final evolution I captured was a Pidgeot.

I want to walk around looking like an idiot so bad :tears: Not released in Europe yet :(

I want to walk around looking like an idiot so bad :tears: Not released in Europe yet :(

You can still play it! Some server difficulties yeah but I have been able to play it since last night.

You can still play it! Some server difficulties yeah but I have been able to play it since last night.

If I go to the play store, it just says 'not available in your country'. You mean I can install that apk for Android someone posted?

Really? Yesterday I met up with a friend in town and he was playing it and catching pokemons and stuff. Unless I'm confusing two apps but I don't imagine there are two like this...

Pokemon isn't enough to force me to upgrade my phone. I tried it but No-Go, ahem.

Though the phone company is actually forcing me to upgrade eventually.

*sigh

created my trainer, got my starter, actually braved the heat and blinding light to walk around a bit but didn't catch anything.

now i'm seeing "sign up" instead of "sign in," followed by server issues.

i liked the idea, watched a lot of people get into ingress back when and figured i could share this with my daughter (pokemon enthusiast). if i can't get it working in a day or two i'll just uninstall it. plus, i'm not keen on that kind of battery drain.

I downloaded it and tried it out, though I've never played any of the other games. Only caught six so far.

Really want to go out walking around for more, need to feel better first.

*sigh

created my trainer, got my starter, actually braved the heat and blinding light to walk around a bit but didn't catch anything.

now i'm seeing "sign up" instead of "sign in," followed by server issues.

i liked the idea, watched a lot of people get into ingress back when and figured i could share this with my daughter (pokemon enthusiast). if i can't get it working in a day or two i'll just uninstall it. plus, i'm not keen on that kind of battery drain.

It does the sign in/sign up thing for me whenever the servers are having issues. You're not really signing up again. Just click the sign up, log in again and all your stuff should still be there.

Also I find that it's not really draining my battery that much, I don't have the app open 24/7 either but it seems fine on battery.

Anyway, what a great idea to bond with your daughter.

Servers are down and I came here to ask if anyone else is playing. I might have to quit and just become an occasional player in the future because the game is so unreliable now. But I want to play NOW. ): I'm at the dentist and it's across the street from a church.