Welcome to INTJ Forum

This is a community where INTJs can meet others with similar personalities and discuss a wide variety of both serious and casual topics. If you aren't an INTJ, you're welcome to join anyway if you would like to learn more about this personality type or participate in our discussions. Registration is free and will allow you to post messages, see hidden subforums, customize your account and use other features only available to our members.

bobabrowncoat

What games are you playing? Vol. II

551 posts in this topic
36 minutes ago, toki said:

12 was great

I'm not the only one that liked 12?! I thought I was so alone! :cry:

I've heard they're supposed to be releasing an "HD" version in 2017. Maybe even a compilation of all the main games. I hope so. But you know how rumors go.

Beholder

http://store.steampowered.com/app/475550/

Once gain, this year was a "I don't want anything from the steam sales" that turned into "eeeeh let's spend 40 euros" :|

EDIT: adding my steam review after more time playing this game.

I'd recommend this game to anyone who loved Papers, Please!. The dystopian atmosphere and sometimes difficult choices are here, but with more humor. The learning curve wasn't easy but it was enjoyable. There is potential for this game to be played several times, as I want to know how different decisions would have turned out, so I expect to get many more hours out of it. Would report my neighbors for wearing jeans again.

While I loved the game it's not perfect, so brace for some criticism:

My main issue is the save system. Saves are automatic and are supposed to happen at the end of each quest. I say "supposed" because it's clearly not the case, sometimes you complete a quest and it doesn't save. I'm not sure why, if it's a bug or if there are differences between main quests or sidequests or something... I just know that it's frustrating beyond belief that sometimes the game will save several times in 15 mn, but on other occasions you go through 45 very busy minutes of earning money, searching rooms, and yes, completing quests, without the game saving at any point. I've had to replay very difficult parts of the game that I had already actually managed to survive a first time, because of this save issue. This doesn't make the game harder in any meaningful way, it makes it annoying.

Another issue I have with the game is that it is meant to be difficult, and indeed it is unforgiving at times (you can lose for minor decisions or unexpected bills), but then you can get caught searching tenant's apartment again and again and nothing bad happens, and you can blackmail them many times and they will never stab you in the eye in anger for this. At least not that I've seen happen. Plus, the difficulty is very intense at the beginning  while the endgame is a much easier. BUT this may just be due to the way I played it - it's possible I'll have a different experience next time. This overall makes the difficulty seem a bit random and weird.

28 minutes ago, bobabrowncoat said:

I'm not the only one that liked 12?! I thought I was so alone! :cry:

I've heard they're supposed to be releasing an "HD" version in 2017. Maybe even a compilation of all the main games. I hope so. But you know how rumors go.

lol not alone, gawd everyone i know hates it too.

heard it's been confirmed for 2017 (western) also. :thumbsup:

So I started playing Skyrim again. I'm still not sure why, as I've slipped straight into another thief build and I know those like the back of my hand... but I need a game like this in my life right now. 

59 minutes ago, HackerX said:

So I started playing Skyrim again. I'm still not sure why, as I've slipped straight into another thief build and I know those like the back of my hand... but I need a game like this in my life right now. 

I've done pretty much every build possible except for being a straight up viking with an axe. Why don't you try something like that?

20 minutes ago, SarcasticVlad said:

I've done pretty much every build possible except for being a straight up viking with an axe. Why don't you try something like that?

I find it difficult to just not go around stealing people's shit

On 10/24/2016 at 4:04 AM, s4nder said:

Dragon Age: Inquisition. What a game. I hope Mass Effect Andromeda will by similar but sci-fi.

On 10/24/2016 at 9:25 AM, EvieP said:

God I love DA:I

I mean, it gets a little old for me at times, b/c I just want to play with my kick-ass mage, all the time, but LOVE LOVE LOVE the game.

I will join you both here.

The game is amazing. I think I have upwards of 500 + hours on the game.

Origins is the game you want to play if you want to solo on nightmare with a mage, yeah?

...... added to this post 1 minute later:

8 hours ago, toki said:

finished ffxv, working on the hunts, the pain in the butt part is the going back and forth. 

i have mixed feelings about this one.  12 was great but this has hidden dungeons but no hidden summons. the dungeons are great, but still not zelda. the combat system is terrific, each encounter is engaged and fun. story is just average. 

still playing skyblock minecraft and league and tried lotro, going to play poe again and someone really cool gifted me a game from my wishlist (medieval engineers, it was on sale! yay!!)

Gilgamesh was one of my most favorite moments in a FF game. I have the collector's edition Strategy guide for that game.

Edited by QuickTwist

I've been playing Resident Evil: Outbreak recently. It's an old game from 2004 that has you playing civilians in Raccoon City, amid a zombie outbreak. There was a second edition released, which had the same characters and despite being a sequel, it was more like an expansion pack with new locations to explore. 

I am looking forward to the 7th Resident Evil game, which is probably actually the 11th main game. However, it hardly resembles a real RE game. It's about a weird family, and a man called Ethan Winter is in their house looking for his wife. The trailer or the demo apparently has nothing to do with the final product, so yeah. Work that one out. You'd think that was rather stupid, considering it's a trailer for a major release.

I've got in the Darksiders 1 Warmastered edition. Really enjoyed the second part and as it turns out the first part was also not that bad...

Mad Max. I heard it wasn't the best game but it's actually pretty fun. I paid very little for it too.

I've been playing The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D for a couple of weeks, I think I'll give it a break, still grinding in Fire Emblem Awakening though.

Being schooled in Nethack by my INTJ guy. Really steep learning curve!!

Time for a review!  I write these sometimes for other sites:

It is a little difficult to write a game review for INSIDE, the spiritual sequel to LIMBO.
There's a way to talk about games and there's a way to talk about being immersed into a Simon
Stalenhag painting.  Stalenhag makes these paintings of a world gone wrong, juxtaposing our technology
with a newer technology that has suddenly been developed, gone out of control, and is threatening to
convert or destroy us in a fashion similar to alien invasion.  His work is unsettling and breathtaking:
always a series of landscapes, sometimes with furtive heroes investigating or trying not to be
noticed.

You start as a small boy in a nameless woods and you go right.  If you ever have the opportunity to go 
left, then there's a puzzle there.  Very soon you know that something's wrong and this is not our
world.  The woods have men with white masks and ferocious dogs who are looking for intruders.  There's
no weapons to help you.  Anything can and will kill you, and you can only go right.  This lack of 
backtracking always plunges you into the new and unknown and some sort of faith that you'll be out of
one sort of trouble from the left, only to get into another, stranger, worse sort to the right.

There are two elements to these types of genre: fear and horror.  Fear is the feeling when something
is going to try to harm or kill you.  Horror is the feeling that your world isn't correct, that there's
something off about it, something you don't know, like reality sent you out of the room so it could
fix a few things and when it asked you inside again, everyone had a new face stapled to their old one
and were confused on why you were screaming.   INSIDE mixes fear and horror quite well.  It shows
you many things to wonder about.  It gives you experiences of fear and twists of horror much better
than most horror films, and it does so without words.

But its also a game.  I wanted to tell you about the setting first because that's where most of its
power comes from.  The physics are brilliant.  The boy is mostly struggling with pushing, running
and jumping through messy, wet environments and he does so beautifully.  The game itself is mostly
puzzles.  Sometimes the puzzle is based on your survival and your adrenaline goes with it, but 
sometimes its a quiet puzzle and nothing is threatening you.  These moments help give you a little
bit of a rest between the points in horror, but you'd better like puzzles.  At no point did was
I stuck for more than 30 seconds trying to figure out what to do and I never looked any of them
up.

Is INSIDE for everyone?  No, it's not for your platform-gunner crowd.  It's for intelligent people
who like being unsettled.  It's for those who like mystery and horror, who don't mind being chased through
the woods, about finding artifacts with terrible implications and a shot of body horror.

Inside was great. And I refuse to hear anyone say otherwise. *crosses arms*

I bought Dragon Age Origins recently. I'm gonna give that a try but otherwise I've been going through a dry spell gaming wise. I've been playing some PvP in FFXIV but it's honestly a piece of shit like pretty much every other FF game.

Mostly League of Legends, but on console i enjoy NBA 2k17, and here on pc ive been getting into Natural Selection 2 (oldie but goodie)

finally started up witcher 3 tonight, too tired to do much beyond tutorials tho.  way too early to tell if this game will click for me.

Started to play L4D2 again, im not still good for realism expert but if anyone is interested in playing coop realism normal do tell me.

Tried offworld trading company. Cool idea and execution, but really low play time before it gets samy. Once you get the hang of it, it get boring...

Mostly Fallout 4 and not as often War Thunder, DCS and X Plane 10.

Nobody into sims?

GTR2, rFactor 1/2, Assetto Corsa, Euro Truck Simulator 2 (and American), MS FSX, Prepar3D, Xplanes, Arma Series, Giant Machines, Farming Sim, etc, etc?

1 hour ago, hereticlohani said:

Nobody into sims?

GTR2, rFactor 1/2, Assetto Corsa, Euro Truck Simulator 2 (and American), MS FSX, Prepar3D, Xplanes, Arma Series, Giant Machines, Farming Sim, etc, etc?

I just mentioned 2 sims <.<

rFactor is fun to mess around for a while but the AI is lame and i suck too much to play online.