Welcome to INTJ Forum

This is a community where INTJs can meet others with similar personalities and discuss a wide variety of both serious and casual topics. If you aren't an INTJ, you're welcome to join anyway if you would like to learn more about this personality type or participate in our discussions. Registration is free and will allow you to post messages, see hidden subforums, customize your account and use other features only available to our members.

bobabrowncoat

What games are you playing? Vol. II

481 posts in this topic

on the neverending train to grind for solo mmr in dota

all aboard choo choo

Grim dawn. I think it's the best ARPG. It has the has the dark, "gothic" element of diablo 1 with complex and intricate talent trees that are somewhat similar to diablo 2. That it managed to combine both features makes me think it was a more worthy sequel to diablo 2 than diablo 3 was. And unlike path of exile I like how grim dawn has distinct classes and multi-classes but maybe that's just personal preference.

Elder Scrolls Online. Back to finish the story but I doubt I'll stick around for end-game.

I played "That Dragon, Cancer" over the weekend. Interesting, deeply intimate experience. There is of course a lot of discussion over what it means for gaming as a medium.

Trying to restart the Old School Runescape, but I just can't.

BRO FORCE

It's a 4 player side scroller similar to that old game Contra, or that old arcade game where you are commandos shooting up the place. Classic feel, hilarious, great co-op. All the characters are based on action movie heros. Available on Steam.

Also, Helldivers is fucking cool if your into co-op. Starship Troopers-esque. Defend Super-Earth and spread Democracy throughout the galaxy! PS4 and PC.

Edited by Gelatinous Pope

Binding of Isaac and some occasional Hitman Absolution. I don't want to play Hitman Absolution because I don't want it to end. It's such a well designed game in a market flooded with games that almost completely forego intelligent game design.

Botanicula. Bizarre little point and click adventure.

Dota 2 (casual feeding)

AoE 2

Red Alert 3 (co-op campaign)

Binding of Isaac and some occasional Hitman Absolution. I don't want to play Hitman Absolution because I don't want it to end. It's such a well designed game in a market flooded with games that almost completely forego intelligent game design.

Is this sarcasm or is it your first Hitman game? Because by Hitman standards, Absolution is an abysmal game.

Is this sarcasm or is it your first Hitman game? Because by Hitman standards, Absolution is an abysmal game.

True but still they had to compensate with the improved graphics and mechanics, which they made the game more mediocre i would say. The same thing can be said for Tomb Raider 2013 but i hope the new Hitman will be similar like Blood Money. From the footage so far it doesn't look bad but there is still time till its release.

True but still they had to compensate with the improved graphics and mechanics, which they made the game more mediocre i would say. The same thing can be said for Tomb Raider 2013 but i hope the new Hitman will be similar like Blood Money. From the footage so far it doesn't look bad but there is still time till its release.

Tomb Raider was a complete reboot though. It doesn't compare to previous games and it shouldn't. I enjoyed it for what it was.

New Hitman will be episodic. Which is basically Square-Enix trying to minimize the risk of making new games by selling them in chunks before they're even fully made instead of investing in a full product. Fuck Square-Enix basically.

Life is Strange was their training ground, and now they're doing it with Hitman and Final Fantasy VII remake. There are rumors that they might do the same thing with new Deus Ex. It's time to boycott Square-Enix IMO. Otherwise what happened with DLC, pre-orders and season passes will happen again.

Edited by SarcasticVlad

It's time to boycott Square-Enix IMO. Otherwise what happened with DLC, pre-orders and season passes will happen again.

Well at least when they are burned they can learn to listen to the fans, look how poor the sales went with the RoTR exclusivity. They released it the same week with Fallout 4 and only on XO and now they are releasing for PC on 28th. The greediness has killed the big companies lately, look at Ubisoft with the AC games released every year milking the franchise. There are lot of bad business practices that should be terminated.

Really liking Dying Light now that I've invested in some better agility skills.

Taking a break from DS2: SotFS, now playing Dex. Interesting mix-match of metroidvania and rpg. It gets better once you get some augmentations, at first any street thug is stronger than you. Also making a pair of expeditions now and then in Darkest Dungeon.

Edited by Genotype

Taking a break from DS2: SotFS, now laying Dex. Interesting mix-match of metroidvania and rpg. It gets better once you get some augmentations, at first any street thug is stronger than you.

It's a fun game. Unfortunately, I didn't get to finish it and may not go back. My gaming PC died and I found out the saves for Dex are stored in the registry, which is incredibly stupid.

Elder Scrolls Online and The Witcher 3 (that game is long^2).

I've been playing Mariokart Wii. I have three stars on almost all cups in 100cc but only two in 150cc. Rainbow road has been kicking my ass. I fucking love this game though.

I also bought the Witcher 3 and have been sporadically playing that. Someone I know said Gerald is like Medieval Batman but he meant it in a pejorative way. I actually find the characters and plot to be fairly engrossing even though the game play blows. It's hardly surprising since most modern games are more like interactive movies and often sacrifice gameplay for voice acting and cutscenes. They don't make em like they used to.

Edited by catsarecute1989

Been playing Project 99, an EQ emulator, lately.

on the neverending train to grind for solo mmr in dota

all aboard choo choo

Step 1: Pick legion commander

Step 2: Get blink dagger

Step 3: ??

Step 4: Profit

Edited by babsa

I'm replaying Deus Ex: Human Revolution and Batman: Arkham City. 2011 was a good year.

Step 1: Pick legion commander

Step 2: Get blink dagger

Step 3: ??

Step 4: Profit

Though the tryhard can be strong in that one if the opposite pick Shadow Demon or Spectre.