Welcome to INTJ Forum

This is a community where INTJs can meet others with similar personalities and discuss a wide variety of both serious and casual topics. If you aren't an INTJ, you're welcome to join anyway if you would like to learn more about this personality type or participate in our discussions. Registration is free and will allow you to post messages, see hidden subforums, customize your account and use other features only available to our members.

AOA

INTJf weight loss club!

1,481 posts in this topic

I wanna lose 10 pounds. I've been kind of terrible lately with drinking beer and eating chips and whatever but I really wanna just clamp down and do it.

It's healthy to lose 2lb a week so I wanna give myself 6 weeks to lose 10lbs - which is end of September ish.

Anyone else dieting right now? Let's motivate each other!!!!!

It's not healthy to lose 2lbs a week, that is the maximum that you should lose. Much better to lose it at a slower pace. Diets don't work because people go right back to their old habits. It has to be a lifestyle change where you never get fat again because you never eat like you used to. If you correct your diet now, to intake a lower number of calories, your body will adjust its size down all by itself without the need for a crash diet.

I'll join!

---------- Post added 08-09-2015 at 05:34 PM ----------

So what are people doing to lose weight?

I decided I'm going to eat 800 calories maximum and run off at least 300 calories. I feel like this is a healthy habit to get into because 800 calorie is definitely sustainable and 300 calories is about 3.2 miles for me, which is doable.

I wrote some stuff about weight loss in your blog Mhyri.

As for me, I'm gonna eat clean and try to get more physical activity in. Recently I haven't exercised due to studying/work but hopefully with someone to report to I will get more motivated!

(Also my dresses are fitting kinda tight so this is a big problem)

There are dietbet things for the more competitive members of the forum who are interested in losing weight.

Count me in. Just recently have I started running and lifting kettle bells again... After a long period of just walking and eating a bunch'a crap. I've spent too much time eating crap and playing MMO's this past month.

I weigh 120 kg (dropped 10 kilo in a few months). Stopped eating sugar a month ago, and will start exercising eventually. I just need to guarantee that my new habit of not eating sweets, pizza or drinking soft drinks stay with me. Trying out a new approach to self discipline, and it seems to work very well for me.

IN! How do we play? I'm 220 lb, targeting 200 ASAP. My plan is to focus exclusively on diet for now, in order to show I can control the weight just that way, then later add in more exercise to accelerate the loss and stay healthy. My diet philosophy is 100% portion control. Eat everything, but stop eating when no longer hungry, not when stuffed.

Once I reach 200, hopefully in a couple months, I'll decide about going for 180.

I'm not trying to lose weight but I am trying to eat super healthy and tone up! I'll subscribe.

I'll join!

I decided I'm going to eat 800 calories maximum and run off at least 300 calories. I feel like this is a healthy habit to get into because 800 calorie is definitely sustainable and 300 calories is about 3.2 miles for me, which is doable.

This is a retarded way to lose weight. Bump up your calorie intake to at least 1200 otherwise you'll put your body in starvation mode and you won't lose anything. If you're working out and burning 300 calories per workout that means you should be eating 1500 calories on those days.

Edited by MissKat

This is a retarded way to lose weight. Bump up your calorie intake to at least 1200 otherwise you'll put your body in starvation mode and you won't lose anything. If you're working out and burning 300 calories per workout that means you should be eating 1500 calories on those days.

I'm not going to lose nothing by doing this. That would be against the laws of thermodynamic. I can't magically make energy and run off water.

I'm not going to lose nothing by doing this. That would be against the laws of thermodynamic. I can't magically make energy and run off water.

You're not going to lose nothing by going on 1200 calories? Or do you mean your original plan?

Cut out the sugar. Exercise doesn't do much for weight loss as experiments have shown.

Also watch That Sugar Movie which details how a super healthy new father who doesn't eat sugar eats sugar for 60 days and his health goes to shit. He actually gets fat while eating the SAME amount of calories as before the diet which surprised everyone.

I'm also in need of losing ten pounds and just started a no sugar diet, which was inspired by the movie. I am no longer chronically fatigued or have to take frequent naps. I have energy throughout the entire day. My mind is clearer. My skin looks better and most surprisingly, I don't stink as much from my underarms. I wonder if my breath smells less. My sleep has even improved. The biggest downside that I've experienced so far is that my sex drive has decreased. This may actually be because I'm more mentally engaged in daily tasks that I'm more tired. Also, I no longer have cravings to binge eat. All this in less than three days. This is pretty damn amazing results!

Current weight: 143 lbs.

Edited by lkso

Height 5'0

Current Weight: 117lbs

Target Weight:105lbs

^Mhyri I don't recomment eating 800calories. Like MissKat said your body will enter starvation mode. It'll be harder to lose weight and whats worst once you start binge eating you'll gain weight fast. And it's unhealthy. Whatever floats your boat. We're giving you warning.

Edited by DanceofDeath

You will lose, yes. But you're going to fuck up your metabolism, dysregulating and slowing it down so that your body is going to store as much fat as possible, meaning as soon as you stop dieting you will gain weight very easily. 800 calories is also extremely unhealthy.

I'll join!

No, no, no. As someone who has lost a CONSIDERABLE amount of weight ... you should not eat less than 1,200 calories a day. If you have a more active lifestyle, and exercise, you should eat more. If I worked out and burned 500 calories, I would eat an additional 500 calories. Exercise improves your metabolism, but you shouldn't treat it as an additional way to burn calories UNLESS your base caloric intake is higher. 1,200 is the lowest you should go. If you maintain a 1,500 calorie diet and burn 500 calories through exercise, you should eat an additional 200 calories. Eating 800 calories is an unhealthy way to lose weight.

Please don't look at calories as just a number. Your body needs fuel. Eating too few can cause disruption and harm to your body. If anything, you should speak to your doctor about healthy ways to lose weight.

Give me some meat, being sick feels like it's negated all of my past year of questionably-bodybuilding gym progress

:shout:

Also, nice blog II effort in Science/Health, AOA...I see u. G

:cool:

Edited by Suraj

I don't know anything about the calorie count, but... in my past experience, I was always hungry at night when I was losing weight, and wasn't eating enough. My running performance was also limited by my lack of energy. Now that I've gotten back into running, extremely slowly to give my legs a chance to become the way they used to, I've decided to eat more than I used to. To be exact, I'm eating just enough to not be hungry at during the day and at night. We'll see in a couple of months how it'll turn out.

As a caveat, my dad is limiting his calorie intake to lose weight, and I think that's the stupidest thing he's ever done. The results are somewhat impressive, but they would no doubt be even more if he would just exercise properly... instead of his half-assed daily 2-hour walk.

Edited by PTD

So since people are saying that I'll mess up my metabolism, I think I'm going to cycle between days of eating 800 and 1200. Like eat 800 every three days and 1200 the rest. That should be good enough to maintain metabolism.

Current Weight 117.8

Goal Weight 1: 110

Goal Weight 2: 105

Height: 5'3

If I lost any more weight there wouldn't be anything left of me. I've been on a strict eating regimen for years (health reasons) so I can't say I've ever dieted -- it's a lifestyle choice.

I wish you all the best! :)

IN! How do we play?

I would suggest you create an account over at http://www.myfitnesspal.com/ and then set up a group which you can all join. Open your food diaries to each other. Weigh yourself each morning to keep your weight charts up to date.

You really can't do much unless you know exactly what you are eating. The most important piece of fitness equipment is a set of kitchen scales. Exercise is all well and good, but few people have the stamina to burn off the excess that they eat. They have to reduce their food input. By opening your food diaries to each other you will be able to see what each other is eating and so get ideas for what to eat yourself.

I'm also in need of losing ten pounds and just started a no sugar diet
A very good thing to do. Remember though starch is just polymerised sugar molecules. So you are getting it through that anyway. The difference is in the glycomic index. High GI means you produce insulin, lay it all down as fat, then feel hungry again. The best way to fend off hunger is protein.

if he would just exercise properly... instead of his half-assed daily 2-hour walk.
Distance is what matters. He will cover about 6 miles in that time and burn the same calories as you would jogging it. He won't get the same cardio benefits though. Walking is a great way to get into exercise, especially for the elderly.
So since people are saying that I'll mess up my metabolism, I think I'm going to cycle between days of eating 800 and 1200. Like eat 800 every three days and 1200 the rest. That should be good enough to maintain metabolism.
Sounds like you want to do intermittent fasting. They do 2 days a week on 500 calories, the rest on normal.

There are people that do 1200 diets, small elderly women would manage fine dropping weight on that. The very last thing you want is muscle wasting and your body stripping nutrients from your organs and bones. Take a look at https://www.reddit.com/r/1200isplenty/

Edited by thod

Current Weight 117.8

Goal Weight 1: 110

Goal Weight 2: 105

Height: 5'3

I'm probably wasting my breath here since you seem determined to adhere to disordered eating habits typical of people with EDNOS...but since I assume aesthetics are your objective (health clearly isn't), you should focus on fat loss instead of weight loss. For someone your size looking for aesthetic improvement, focusing on the scale is a completely arbitrary way to assess your progress. With crash dieting, you're just going to constantly yo-yo in waterweight, with stymied weight loss from equal loss of fat and muscle wasting. The aesthetic range you get here goes from skinny-fat to emaciated. Focusing on healthy eating and exercise instead will make you leaner, smaller and more toned.

If you want to lose fat and improve your body composition, change the nutritional composition of your diet. If you eat the same amount of calories while reducing unhealthy fats, upping protein and doing moderate strength training and some cardio (even walking will suffice), you will lose fat and inches and drop clothing size, even with a negligible amount of weight loss.

tumblr_n1h64tsn2b1t0djv8o3_500.jpg

corinanielsen-reverse-1.jpg

Edited by YellowSubmarine

I have a question since I live in Asia we eat rice everyday. And I go to college, I need glucose to fuel up my brain. Will it hinder my dieting? Any suggestion?

EDIT: It seems that most posts above me are motivated to lose weight. Now I also feel motivated. I just hope my motivation will last long.

Edited by DanceofDeath

Sounds like you want to do intermittent fasting. They do 2 days a week on 500 calories, the rest on normal.
While I think there can be benefits to intermittent fasting, I'd never recommend it to someone with a history of disordered eating habits.