Welcome to INTJ Forum

This is a community where INTJs can meet others with similar personalities and discuss a wide variety of both serious and casual topics. If you aren't an INTJ, you're welcome to join anyway if you would like to learn more about this personality type or participate in our discussions. Registration is free and will allow you to post messages, see hidden subforums, customize your account and use other features only available to our members.

steerthestars

Signs that an INTJ likes you...

365 posts in this topic

I'm looking to make a big list of all the weird little things an INTJ does to show they like you. I'm only looking for stuff that's kind of particular to INTJs though-- so, for example, offering to buy you a drink is not a particularly INTJ trait.

There can be contradictions in the list too-- INTJs are complex people.

I'll start. The format is this:

An INTJ might like you if:

...they're ignoring you on purpose.

...they're noticing your existance.

...they're being particularly nice towards you.

...they're being particularly mean to you.

...they criticize you a little too much.

...they interrupt their reading/writing/drawing/studying to talk to you.

...they pretend to be interested in the intellectually inferior interests you non-INTJ might have.

...they ask to do the Myers-Briggs test on you.

...they tell you you're probably an INTJ (a compliment of the highest order.)

-- You feel like they are annoyed by you

-- They tell you how you can improve aspects of your life

An INTJ might life you if:

-- They consider you perfect for 10 days, and then they pick you apart.

-- Show their heart to you

-- Cry around you

A sign an INTJ likes you is if they add your name to the list of those who will be spared when they rise to power.

If they take the effort to talk to you at all.

I think ENFx's may answer that better than ourselves. It could be interesting to read their experience with us.

Here is my part:

If they listen carefully to you without interruption or disagreeing and in the end they smile to you.

If they answer the phone.

I would have to be in love with somebody to answer the phone. And by "answer the phone," I mean "consider how telephones and mass communication affected both the speed of news and the increase of sohisticated in espionage in the two world wars while sitting quietly, ignoring the ringing phone."

If you're not on their list of people against the wall when the revolution/singularity comes.

If they compile a complete workup, history, medical, employment, criminal, what time you goto the bath room, when your last period was.

Planting a GPS tracking unit on their persons.

If they compile a complete workup, history, medical, employment, criminal, what time you goto the bath room, when your last period was.

Planting a GPS tracking unit on their persons.

If they steal a handwriting sample from you and analyze it, then photocopy the sample and covertly return the original paper to you.

Not that I would EVER do such a thing.

1) Acknowledges your existance

2) Bothers to talk to you

3) "Dumbifies" intellectual concepts for you.

if:

..you touch them and they don't cringe or freeze in response.

..they touch you in a friendly manner that's more than a passing slap on the arm/back

Sometimes if I think I've caused someone to be ticked off or upset I might give them a pat on the arm or shoulder to try and lighten up the situation, but that's different and doesn't necessarily mean that I like them (though if I actually hated them I wouldn't bother in the first place).

Wow, I'm trying to think of ways in which some girl may know I like her and I can't think of much. To me, they are obvious, but to her, they would not be.

Such as, me laughing more naturally around her than around a typical conversationalist. Me stopping what I'm doing and making myself available to her. Me inquiring about things she is interested in as opposed to keeping the conversation 1-sided. Me smiling anytime I see her, even if it's a small smile. Basically, in general, me "noticing" her anytime she is near. Slowing down to intentionally hold a door for her, etc. Seeing her in the break room and going out of my way to go get a snack, etc.

Of course, from her perspective, these would all be very ambiguous gestures. To me, they would be obvious. Damn...that's crazy. We really are hard to read I suppose.

-looking at other person way too often

-obsessively compiling information about other person

-smiling

-making unforced physical contact

-paying a compliment of any kind

If they answer the phone.

YES.

Don't bother looking for a sign. You won't be able to tell.

• They're the one to initiate conversation with you.
  • They come up with a pet name for you.
  • They tell you about times when they came up with a great plan and it worked. Be sure to pick up on this one, because you'll have your INTJ in the palm of your hands by complimenting their elaborate mind.
  • They tell you about a time they actually felt something.

-Are beyond patience with you.

-Invite you out, or agree to go somewhere they normally wouldn't be seen (like a poor college student INTJ inviting someone out to a big expensive busy mall for a meal and shopping).

-They'll wonder why you were late for something.

If they steal a handwriting sample from you and analyze it, then photocopy the sample and covertly return the original paper to you.

Not that I would EVER do such a thing.

I have done that with every boyfriend. :o

An INTJ might like you if they start making strange lists in your presence about your dietary preferences. You might ask if they are planning a party, to which they will look at you pleasantly with a blank stare. "No, it's just in case."

INTJ doesn't like you: a) INTJ fakes friendliness with you to avoid conflict. b) INTJ plots your destruction.

INTJ likes you a little (neutral) : INTJ treats you with respect, but with detachment.

INTJ likes you fairly well: INTJ is more friendly with you than with other people.

INTJ likes you a lot: INTJ ignores you. INTJ thinks about you often. INTJ stalks you, wondering if you're noticing. INTJ is scared.

INTJ likes you a lot: ...INTJ is scared.

Very good, and very rare.

Also, if they admit to you that Lovefool by The Cardigans is their favourite song then you're pretty much in.

• They're the one to initiate conversation with you.
  • They come up with a pet name for you.
  • They tell you about times when they came up with a great plan and it worked. Be sure to pick up on this one, because you'll have your INTJ in the palm of your hands by complimenting their elaborate mind.
  • They tell you about a time they actually felt something.

Spot on

- They actually ask you to hang out in their room

Wow, I'm trying to think of ways in which some girl may know I like her and I can't think of much. To me, they are obvious, but to her, they would not be.

Such as, me laughing more naturally around her than around a typical conversationalist. Me stopping what I'm doing and making myself available to her. Me inquiring about things she is interested in as opposed to keeping the conversation 1-sided. Me smiling anytime I see her, even if it's a small smile. Basically, in general, me "noticing" her anytime she is near. Slowing down to intentionally hold a door for her, etc. Seeing her in the break room and going out of my way to go get a snack, etc.

Of course, from her perspective, these would all be very ambiguous gestures. To me, they would be obvious. Damn...that's crazy. We really are hard to read I suppose.

Lol, I agonized over this one INTJ's hot and cold situation towards me for over a year (because from observations, it's either he treat someone 'cold' all the way/'hot' all the way and so for him to treat me like this, I was all confused), to only realize that he used to like me. D: And to only think that it has always been him initiating conversations. *facepalm*

Oh, just a question, a few days ago, I tried talking to him (finally!) and I was in the middle of asking him what course he wanted to take after he graduate or something, when his friend interrupted and hurried him back to class. He closed the convo by saying something along the line of telling me his answer later, so is that an invitation for me to start another conversation or is it just so he doesn't have to tell me his answer because it is a personal question?