Welcome to INTJ Forum

This is a community where INTJs can meet others with similar personalities and discuss a wide variety of both serious and casual topics. If you aren't an INTJ, you're welcome to join anyway if you would like to learn more about this personality type or participate in our discussions. Registration is free and will allow you to post messages, see hidden subforums, customize your account and use other features only available to our members.

quartertone

Criminals

You know that all fictional criminal masterminds from professor Moriarty to Stewie have our temperament. But It seems most prominent, successful criminals are sensory artistic types. I really cant give any good examples, but thats just my stereotype.

I think Mayer Lansky and Carl Gambino may have been our type. Arguably two of the most successful gangsters in american history. Both were at the top of their organizations, died of old age, never served any serious jail time if any. I don't know though if an INTJ could so completely ignore the karmic affects of their actions.

All types have their criminals. Including INTJ's.

If you're wondering how, look up shadow types, or what happens when a person goes off the deep end MBTI style.

hahahaha the recent mutiny that happened in our country last thursday was sparked by an xntj

Please login or register to see this link.

I just watched American gangster and Frank Lucas seemed very INTJ to me - got to love his style really.

Well, because based on our personality strengths and weaknesses, we fit the type of the sophisticated criminal very well. We've got the capability to organize, don't really care for the laws of society if we find them stupid, we can make lengthy and successful plans, and if we actually try hard enough, we can inspire people to our cause.

I just watched American gangster and Frank Lucas seemed very INTJ to me - got to love his style really.

I thought the same thing when I saw that movie.

I'd bet INTJs (and INTPs) are probably the majority of super-hackers out there. :o

Well, because based on our personality strengths and weaknesses, we fit the type of the sophisticated criminal very well. We've got the capability to organize, don't really care for the laws of society if we find them stupid, we can make lengthy and successful plans, and if we actually try hard enough, we can inspire people to our cause.

I agree, INTJ criminals are *high class* criminals, like Vito and Mike Corleone.

THough i think we really must have a reason to start an organized heist or anything. We may have all those qualities, which we do, but naturally i just want to sit back and laugh at the stupid criminals that get caught, not go out there and show them how its suppose to be done! :)

INTJs would be the least likely to become criminals because if you look at it from a cost/benefit analysis, crime really does not pay. Most criminals are morons. They could make the same - no, better - money at a regular steady job than they can breaking into cars and hawking car stereos them at junkyards and pawn shops. The vast majority of criminals come from the class of males of low intelligence and low social status. Since most INTJs are of generally higher intelligence than the rest of the population, there would probably be less of us in the criminal population.

INTJs would be the least likely to become criminals because if you look at it from a cost/benefit analysis, crime really does not pay. Most criminals are morons. They could make the same - no, better - money at a regular steady job than they can breaking into cars and hawking car stereos them at junkyards and pawn shops. The vast majority of criminals come from the class of males of low intelligence and low social status. Since most INTJs are of generally higher intelligence than the rest of the population, there would probably be less of us in the criminal population.

Correction: Most criminals are people with some degree of personality disorder (mostly anti social). But there is also a clear link between drug addiction and crime. Here in Norway 87% of the people that's incarcerated has an addiction, and almost all the crimes they commit are directly or indirectly, motivated by the need for founds to support their addiction. So in most cases intelligences has absolutely nothing to do with it. The belief that all criminals are morons, evil, greedy, or whatever, is a fallacy. Sometimes they are, but not most of them :)

PS: The policy on how to handle addiction, or the people that has it, is something I happen to have very strong opinion's about. But thats for another thread ;)

Perhaps there aren't that many INTJ criminals because they would be more likely to "restructure" the legal system to make their intended action legal?

e.g. Rove and Cheney...?

(examples given were not intended to spark a political debate, and to be honest I'm not sure if Rove or Cheney are actually INTJs but they came to mind first)

Not Cheney, Rumsfeld is the real INTJ criminal. He reminds me of the 'source' at the end in Bourne Supremacy. That is, the mastermind behind it all. That's Rumsfeld, Bush and Cheney are just his puppets. Kissenger is another one. This Schriber guy in Canada is like a replica of Kissenger. He's another one who knows how to play the system. Once these guys master the system, they can manipulate it, control outcomes, and rig the system. That's what INTJs do. Many geniuses can give birth to an idea, but the INTJ follows through with the practical application of that ideal. Some will even die for the materialization of that ideal such as Che Guevera.

INTJ as a criminal...quentin has it, i had umm, a wild youth <.< cost vs benefit is no contest. Safer, cheaper and less time consuming to stay legal. The sheer amout of things you must know (at least as a solo criminal) is staggering. In any type of organised crime scenerio(including politics and religion) you'd have to watch your back constantly. A mastermind behind the scenes on the other hand...

If I opted to be a criminal, I think it'd be smartest to be the right-hand man or advisor to the boss. Once you get the boss to trust your wisdom and insight, you can pretty much guide things with hints and suggestions.

... then when the feds come knocking, you can rat the boss out and they get the "big fish."